giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 6 years ago

My view is a lot of not liking a game has to do with reaffirming other decisions that you made.

When folks post online all they are really doing is confirming to themselves that they were right. Online is the way to do this because no one has balls enough to vent off to someone face to face about how much they hate a game if the person they are taking to likes it. It feels good also to see others post similar views as your own so you can reaffirm yourself even more. Once or twice is OK, but I want to ask - does posting 20 times that you love or hate a game really make folks feel 20X better about their decisions?

Problem is that the games are usually not that bad and still fun to play. My friends and I love our SW and can't stop hitting start on this game. I am not just saying that for resale value either. It is like IM to me - drain, start, drain, start......

If you don't like it totally fine, but to post 20 times to make yourself feel good and reaffirm your decision about buying TNA or sticking with older BW pins or DI or you may be just boycotting Stern or high pinball prices is all a little much. Folks post like they want it to fail to really reaffirm themselves.

Even games I don't like like FT and GB I still play them and keep trying and don't go on and on about how I do not like them to everyone. It certainly does not make me feel good hating on games. I want every game to succeed and be fun to play even if it is not for me.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE
I love my Avengers LE

Uh. TAV is a mess but I like playing it and not a bad game. Lol

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

SWLE is awesome .

You own an LE like I do? Hide! Run! Lol! It sucks so bad, but I personally can't stop playing it. Seriously it is super fun for me.

Anyway - no need to pick a side folks. Like my tight group of friends in the ATL area has over 100 pins of all eras and companies so I can play about what ever and whenever I want and don't need to say to any one of my friends that I love or hate games they own. Why? Why?

I can't wait to play all my friends TNA's and dig into a DI from a new friend who lives close by that has one coming in a week or so! I hope they are both are awesome in a home use environment and would buy either of them in the future if they are. They played great at shows, so we will see. But if I don't love them I will not complain if others do love them. Nah. Just negative and a waste of energy. IMHO.

Pick a side and stick by it!!! No thanks.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Played the crap out of the pro a few months back and recently the premium.
Glad I didn't join the turd parade before flipping it.
Debate rank, but the game is addictive fun and suitable for all ages.
To each their own!

I am not at the point of having to make a statement when I review a game.

A fair amount of folks are mad at Stern and couldn't wait to bash on their big name title as soon as they could. It is hard,or a lot of time easy, to tell if someone really doesn't like SW or if they are trying to make a strong statement that they are unhappy with Stern CQ, coding, pricing etc, with their reviews and opinions. If you don't like SW that is ok, but I give every game a good shot before I write it off. It takes years for some games to click with me. Folks seemed a little too excited to bash SW with a few plays at a show or on location not knowing the rules at all. Even worse was the "I saw the video and ....." reviews. There are many true, no agenda, negative reviews on SW for sure though. Can't please everyone. It seemed like in a bunch of SW reviews folks were reviewing Stern the Company and not SW the pin.

I always flip things around to get a better feel from folks on where they are coming from. Like if Spooky came out with a SW Pro at $5300 and it was the same game as the Stern one I think folks would go bananas raving over it and falling all over themselves to by it. But Stern made it so hate hate hate.

On other new games I think that preordering a TNA Spooky version that folks have not actually played at $6300 does carry some risk with it and it is not a screaming value of a deal. That is a lot of money for what it is. DI at $8000-$9000 doesn't scream value to me either. Nothing around seems to be a slam dunk of a deal anymore. Heck Bally Williams games are really up there also in price. FH is a $4000 game. Where do folks go for value anymore? Where did the $4400 MET NIB go? Those days are long gone I guess. SW is a lot of money, so we all need to make wise decisions in our pin choices.

I will play TNA and DI again in my friends homes and hope that I like them. I will buy them down the road if I do. I hope I do. If I don't like them after 10 plays unleveled and not knowing the rules I am not going to go on Pinside saying how much I hate them. Heck 2 years and 1000 plays later I am not going on to say I hate them on Piniside. Doesn't make me happy and who am I protecting anyway?

#132 6 years ago

That sounds closer to where it should be now and I own the game. Still can't stop leaning to play and playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-is-the-second-best-pin-ever-made?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.