Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

STARWARS LE (resized).JPG
a0f76a9958b8f87dccef625d22b29ede1153995e176d858472dbfb6179ecb66f (resized).jpg
farm (resized).jpg
giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 1 year ago

Just because pinside says it's good does that mean it really is?

#29 1 year ago

If you say so.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do people seriously look at this stuff every Monday.

The people that just paid $5k- $8k for the machine probably do.

#42 1 year ago

Apparently the folks that post their ratings over on IPDB aren't riding the hype train for this one.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's one rating of 9.4 for a pro. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

And one rating only. Not enough for it to even crack the top 300. Was that yours?

I fully understand that the pinside system is different as it allows new games to run up the charts and then back down as they run their course. And in the end none of it matters. But it is always fun to watch the hype train roll.

I personally wouldn't give up a space in my lineup for this rehashed themed game even at half the price. I played it once and that was enough.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

who even looks at these ratings??

It makes for good filler on days when there is nothing else to complain about.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have all I can handle trying to deal with people around here who claim to love pinball crapping on every new game.

As long as it isn't your mission to make them change their mind, you have nothing to stress about.

#64 1 year ago

The truth is boob, you can't make everybody give a positive review of every game no matter how hard you try and no matter how much you want every comment to be positive. If that happened then we would all be like sheep accepting anything that comes our way.

The world is full of critics. Movie critics, book critics, music critics, and here pinball critics. And without them, you end up with people accepting whatever is spoon fed to them and the quality of the end product deteriorates with each new venture.

But go ahead, if you like and think everything about this industry is a positive experience, and live happily ever after.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can see why Steve Ritchie was bitching about this forum. It's gotta be disheartening to see your work raked over the coals, especially when he most likely has no control over BOM and financial decisions.

I'm sure he has no say about chosen themes or BOM as he might have in the past. None of it's his fault for sure and shouldn't take it too personally unless it is a direct attack aimed at him. He does the best with what he has to work with, which in many cases these days isn't much.

The critics are there to get some kind of improvement so pinball can be at least close to as great as it once was, but that in itself is a daunting task.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

For a hobby based on nostalgia and fun, there is so much negativity here.

Lately it seems this is a hobby based on money, and I personally can't blame people for trying to get their money's worth. And if they don't feel like they do, who's to blame them for letting off a little steam on a pinball forum like this one.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you have to stress the F out over losing $$$ on buying a Nib pin then this isn't the hobby for that person. PERIOD.

Exactly. And for those that go the traditional route and drop quarters in on location, they are still free to voice their opinion on the game be it positive or negative.

I can see it now as if we were back in the 90s. Someone posts a negative review of Shaq Attaq on a pinball forum and everybody else gets bent out of shape.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No internet back then. Life was good and simple.

When we were free to say games like TOTAN and Shaq Attaq sucked and most people agreed.

There is this strange mindset now that anything new has to be good. Or should at least be praised for the effort. Sorry, but Homie don't play that game.

#81 1 year ago

I'll play any games on location, even the ones that suck. Thank goodness most TOTANs and Shaq Attaqs are in private collections now.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Gameplay after theme. I don't get it.

It's what gets things sold around here.

We don't need no stinking code as long as we can pre-order our dream theme and be the first on the site to post unboxing pictures of it.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Some people think it's better then it once was. True story.

They are on glue.

#89 1 year ago

True. But history has already been written.

If somebody thinks this hand full of licensed games from nostalgia past that most will never see a quarter is the best time ever in pinball, then that is their opinion to have.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Some have informed options

It is always good to have options.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside