Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

STARWARS LE (resized).JPG
a0f76a9958b8f87dccef625d22b29ede1153995e176d858472dbfb6179ecb66f (resized).jpg
farm (resized).jpg
giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't judge a game based on how much I spent on it. I really don't care at all about resale value when I get the game - I'm buying it because it's a great game or it's a theme I love. I've gotten 3 NIB games: WOZ ECLE, GOT LE, and SWLE. All three are great, and all three aren't leaving my collection any time soon. This is a hobby. Hobbies tend to cost money. So I pays the money and I enjoys the machine and let others worry about treating pinball as an investment (a stupid one, btw...).
I truly believe SW is a great game...and the code is still in its infancy.

The problem Boobie is that there aren't that many rational and reasonable people like you and I on Pinside.

It's a hobby, a fun one, a great one, but the a holes want to try and rain on the parade any chance they get.

Screw what anybody else says if you love it. I like your attitude!

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never crapped on that game. I just said it had clown puke art like Aerosmith and other recent Stern titles. I hate that Skittles look on games. I also said the playfield art on GOT LE, which I own, sucked balls too. I'm pretty honest even if I own a game. But the gameplay on BM66 is pretty lacking...which is a shame because I was a huge fan of the show growing up.

Well you are so F ing way out there WRONG on BM66. Just saying.

As far as skittles go, you are right GOT is the worst dog shit artwork ever.

GB, BM and AS are gorgeous works of Picasso art compared to GOT and SW for that matter.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lately it seems this is a hobby based on money, and I personally can't blame people for trying to get their money's worth. And if they don't feel like they do, who's to blame them for letting off a little steam on a pinball forum like this one.

You mean the people selling THLE for $6k?

If you have to stress the F out over losing $$$ on buying a Nib pin then this isn't the hobby for that person. PERIOD.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. And for those that go the traditional route and drop quarters in on location, they are still free to voice their opinion on the game be it positive or negative.
I can see it now as if we were back in the 90s. Someone post a negative review of Shaq Attaq on a pinball forum and everybody else gets bent out of shape.

Haha, yep.

No internet back then. Life was good and simple.

However, the whole quality/justified thing is BS.

Like a pin? Express it up or down. If you own it, you obviously like it. If not, then I like to hear everybody's opinions but it doesn't mean anything to me without a few hundred plays

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When we were free to say games like TOTAN and Shaq Attaq sucked and most people agreed.
There is this strange mindset now that anything new has to be good. Or should at least be praised for the effort. Sorry, but Homie don't play that game.

I like to hear people's opinions on games. Especially one's I respect, like the Odiner.

Everything new is NOT good Imo. That's just me. I think DI absolutely BLOWS because of the theme.

Would I play it on location? Sure. I think all pinball is good pinball.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll play any games on location, even the ones that suck. Thank goodness most TOTANs and Shaq Attaqs are in private collections now.

Played em both up at Pinballz in Austin. And so many others!

Junkyard is one I play every time I go up there, along with STTNG, Elvira and Nascar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kingston, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside