giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thats crazy it even got that high. Game is garbage and I've played it a number of times. Huge disappointment.

You're playing it wrong.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just because pinside says it's good does that mean it really is?

Yes.

#35 6 years ago

I don't judge a game based on how much I spent on it. I really don't care at all about resale value when I get the game - I'm buying it because it's a great game or it's a theme I love. I've gotten 3 NIB games: WOZ ECLE, GOT LE, and SWLE. All three are great, and all three aren't leaving my collection any time soon. This is a hobby. Hobbies tend to cost money. So I pays the money and I enjoys the machine and let others worry about treating pinball as an investment (a stupid one, btw...).

I truly believe SW is a great game...and the code is still in its infancy.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the folks that post their ratings over on IPDB aren't riding the hype train for this one.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

???

There's one rating of 9.4 for a pro. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And one rating only. Not enough for it to even crack the top 300. Was that yours?

Nope. I have all I can handle trying to deal with people around here who claim to love pinball crapping on every new game.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as it isn't your mission to make them change their mind, you have nothing to stress about.

You can't change negative people. And there sure are a LOT of then around here. Such an uplifting place...you can pretty much count on a bitchfest every time a new game is released. It's pretty depressing, actually. Even games I have no interest in I find to be a lot of fun. But then again, I just love playing pinball.

I must be pretty stupid, huh?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny how allot of the same people that spent months finding every excuse to crap over b66 are now getting hyper defensive over their SW purchases.

I never crapped on that game. I just said it had clown puke art like Aerosmith and other recent Stern titles. I hate that Skittles look on games. I also said the playfield art on GOT LE, which I own, sucked balls too. I'm pretty honest even if I own a game. But the gameplay on BM66 is pretty lacking...which is a shame because I was a huge fan of the show growing up.

EDIT: I think the difference here is that I NEVER say a game is a piece of shit. Not really sure how anyone can claim to love pinball and make a statement like that. Don't like it? Fine. But be respectful of the people that do. They're not stupid. I've been respectful of people who love Hobbit, but that game puts me to sleep.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wasn't specifically aimed at you beelzeboob . But now you gave me some evidence that you also did, you suck also..
Its all good fun - I find it funny we get so defensive about these things - you either like it or not - who cares.

Looking back over the BM66 thread, the thing that's REALLY annoying there is all the people that were claiming people who didn't have the SLE or the LE were just jealous. That's a ridiculous claim to make with some people here that have over $100k worth of machines. Clearly they can afford one, but choose not to buy. Calling somebody jealous for criticizing a machine is just childish. Everybody is allowed to have an opinion about a machine...I just wish people wouldn't confuse opinion with fact.

Douchiest thing people can do on Pinside, btw: Saying "Fact" after they just stated an opinion. Makes you sound like a dumbass.

Fact.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The truth is boob, you can't make everybody give a positive review of every game no matter how hard you try and no matter how much you want every comment to be positive. If that happened then we would all be like sheep accepting anything that comes our way.
The world is full of critics. Movie critics, book critics, music critics, and here pinball critics. And without them, you end up with people accepting whatever is spoon fed to them and the quality of the end product deteriorates with each new venture.
But go ahead, if you like and think everything about this industry is a positive experience, and live happily ever after.

This is all true. But it seems like the critiques are predominantly negative--or at least the most vocal of us are negative--and its f**king depressing. I can see why Steve Ritchie was bitching about this forum. It's gotta be disheartening to see your work raked over the coals, especially when he most likely has no control over BOM and financial decisions.

It's not what people are saying around here, after all...it's the way they're saying it. Maybe I just need another break.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you are so F ing way out there WRONG on BM66. Just saying.
As far as skittles go, you are right GOT is the worst dog shit artwork ever.
GB, BM and AS are gorgeous works of Picasso art compared to GOT and SW for that matter.

When Picasso was in middle school...

And btw...the dude puts both eyes on one side of a person's head, so you might actually be right about this. Picasso also looks like ass to me.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Online is the way to do this because no one has balls enough to vent off to someone face to face about how much they hate a game if the person they are taking to likes it.

I do. It's just an opinion, and I don't lose respect for a person just because they love something I can't stand or vice versa. If anyone takes offense to an opinion, they're just not somebody I'd want to hang around with.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

SWLE is awesome .

HEY! How'd you get the short and fat edition?

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You're totally skipping how the opinion is expressed. Someone can state an opinion in a cordial, adult manner - or like a complete A-Hole. An opinion expressed in the complete A-Hole manner is not "just" an opinion. Thus is many times the issue.

Absolutely correct! But I'm pretty sure I'm in the first camp of people when stating my opinion...unless I'm tweaking somebody that was being an asshole to begin with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 10.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-is-the-second-best-pin-ever-made?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.