giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Wow

Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

happens happens every every time time...Same day same shit diff'rent day shit diff'rent

#3 6 years ago

IMG_3301 (resized).JPGIMG_3301 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

SW owners voice has been heard. Now the non owners' voice (and probably none that have even played) shall be heard as it exits the top 100 next week

Typical new release.

#5 6 years ago

guess I never noticed a new release peaks on release...my bad...carry on...

#6 6 years ago

We have entered a different era. Back in the day, EM people dissed SS. It will happen to the newer ones, and the newer ones, and the newer ones...same s!$!, different day. Not sure if it deserves #2, but I have fun playing it...and that's all that counts.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

SW owners voice has been heard. Now the non owners' voice (and probably none that have even played) shall be heard as it exits the top 100 next week
Typical new release.

It has already been happening. Sort by all rankings and you will see what I mean. It is a shame but a part of being on Pinside. As long as you like it that is all that really matters anyway.

What I want to know what will happen when AFMr goes to No1. Are these guys going to turn on each other and start low ranking MMr and AFMr? That will be fun to watch

#8 6 years ago

Whats interesting to me is that variance in ratings between the Pro and LE models....

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Whats interesting to me is that variance in ratings between the Pro and LE models....

Odd it isn't a weighted average.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

We have entered a different era. Back in the day, EM people dissed SS. It will happen to the newer ones, and the newer ones, and the newer ones...same s!$!, different day. Not sure if it deserves #2, but I have fun playing it...and that's all that counts.

Except that aside from the LED screen, SW doesn't do anything that B/W couldn't have put into a machine 25 years ago.

I have made the argument before, and I'll make it again... there should be some lockout period after the release of a new machine that keeps it out of the Pinside 100 for some predetermined amount of time (6 months? A year?) to stop both the fanboys who bought the machine and want to see it highly ranked, and the brigaders who dislike a machine and want to push it down in the rankings.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I have made the argument before, and I'll make it again... there should be some lockout period after the release of a new machine that keeps it out of the Pinside 100 for some predetermined amount of time (6 months? A year?) to stop both the fanboys who bought the machine and want to see it highly ranked, and the brigaders who dislike a machine and want to push it down in the rankings.

I like this a lot. Either freeze rankings for 6 months after release until the dust settles a bit on new games and people have digested a particular game over time... OR what about even freezing ratings until one year after release or code at 1.0 (whichever comes first)?

I'm sure certain manufacturers want to have their games at the top of the lists so maybe a little kick in the tail to get them to 1.0. Also, voting on the rules/gameplay before code is done is a bit odd, and I bet not everyone is updating their ratings after code is updated.

#12 6 years ago

NOW I know why the button is there.

button (resized).jpgbutton (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

The fanboys are always heard at first, then the haters show up late for the party.

a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpga302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Based off of the other billions of SW posts bashing it, I'd beg to differ on the ranking...just a tad

#15 6 years ago

the pro's score is between rank 66 en 67.
adding an extra habitrail and an exploding egg and the game become one of the best?
yeah right...

#16 6 years ago

Still love my MMR, number one indeed.

#17 6 years ago

thats crazy it even got that high. Game is not good (maybe garbage was too harsh) and I've played it a number of times. Huge disappointment.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thats crazy it even got that high. Game is garbage and I've played it a number of times. Huge disappointment.

I would certainly agree that the game is not #2, but it certainly is not garbage....the LE is a very fun pin to play...not a top 5, but a very fun pinball machine....

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thats crazy it even got that high. Game is garbage and I've played it a number of times. Huge disappointment.

You're playing it wrong.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're playing it wrong.

What tweaks did you do to your machine to make it play the way you like it?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're playing it wrong.

You're right. I must be playing it wrong. It couldn't be bad. Every new game that comes out has to be great and it's the player doing something wrong.

cue Stern saying ...... "excellent"!!!

Maybe garbage is too harsh but I was not a fan at all. I'll update.

#22 6 years ago

Non sequitur. It does not follow that "SW is the second best pin ever made" based on the evidence proffered.

The best you could do would be to say "SW is currently #2 on Pinside's Top 100."

#23 6 years ago

It has only been reviewed by 100 pinsiders! The other pins have over 1000!

It will drop!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thats crazy it even got that high. Game is not good (maybe garbage was too harsh) and I've played it a number of times. Huge disappointment.

The first 10-15 times I played it I wasn't sure how I felt. Now that I'm understanding the game it is a great pin, always wanna play just one more time feeling to it.

#25 6 years ago

Anyone that has been around here a while knows that most new games hit the #1 or #2 spot briefly as the new owners get their games and are in full honeymoon mode when they enter their rating. Its also not unusual to have a "look! game X is number 1!!" thread pop up as a result. There will be plenty of rating police that will now score it low to balance it back out, especially now that we have this thread as a reminder.

#26 6 years ago

when the game has 500+ ratings we can talk. The game code needs to mature, and u need 1000's of these on the market before a realistic rating can occur. Typically the weighted average brings the pin into reality. Its a fun pin especially when you "actually" play the machine for an extended period of time, and fully understand the rules. Dialing in the machine is also a must, which is true for many machines....

#27 6 years ago

Just because pinside says it's good does that mean it really is?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just because pinside says it's good does that mean it really is?

Yes.

#29 6 years ago

If you say so.

#30 6 years ago

Who cares? Why do people get so wrapped up into were games they own are ranked or were games they dislike are ranked. It's always funny to see the flood of hate rankings as soon as anything new pops up in the top 100. Do people seriously look at this stuff every Monday.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do people seriously look at this stuff every Monday.

The people that just paid $5k- $8k for the machine probably do.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The people that just paid $5k- $8k for the machine probably do.

It's not going to change that they just lost money when they opened the box. If they were worried about buying the best possible ranked game they wouldn't buy anything NIB.

#33 6 years ago

since I have an LE I will chime in here. I do like the game, however its a little too GOT-ish for me, from a few of the sounds, to the dudes voice, I think its the same guy. Yes, I keep mashing the start button again and again, but that is because the games go so quick its incredible. I think I have only had multiball a couple of times, and yes, it was tie fighter multiple each time. I don't think I suck at pinball, but when the software is built like GOT and SW is, then I must suck.

I love the theme, love the artwork and lighting, love the metal ramps and hyperloop, but as far as "fun" factor, I keep going back to my MET and my IM:ve ... I know call me crazy.

Im hoping the more I understand the rule set, stacking and other things I need to learn on it, the better I will get and the more I will enjoy playing it. But I tend to be "just play and hit everything I can" kind of player over a "strategy, lets do this and complete that"' kind of player.

#34 6 years ago

I come from the future and I've brought back memes...

1vt0is (resized).jpg1vt0is (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

I don't judge a game based on how much I spent on it. I really don't care at all about resale value when I get the game - I'm buying it because it's a great game or it's a theme I love. I've gotten 3 NIB games: WOZ ECLE, GOT LE, and SWLE. All three are great, and all three aren't leaving my collection any time soon. This is a hobby. Hobbies tend to cost money. So I pays the money and I enjoys the machine and let others worry about treating pinball as an investment (a stupid one, btw...).

I truly believe SW is a great game...and the code is still in its infancy.

#36 6 years ago

35 posts and not a single "number two" joke? Pinside, you disappoint me.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't judge a game based on how much I spent on it. I really don't care at all about resale value when I get the game - I'm buying it because it's a great game or it's a theme I love. I've gotten 3 NIB games: WOZ ECLE, GOT LE, and SWLE. All three are great, and all three aren't leaving my collection any time soon. This is a hobby. Hobbies tend to cost money. So I pays the money and I enjoys the machine and let others worry about treating pinball as an investment (a stupid one, btw...).
I truly believe SW is a great game...and the code is still in its infancy.

The problem Boobie is that there aren't that many rational and reasonable people like you and I on Pinside.

It's a hobby, a fun one, a great one, but the a holes want to try and rain on the parade any chance they get.

Screw what anybody else says if you love it. I like your attitude!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The problem Boobie is that there aren't that many rational and reasonable people like you and I on Pinside.
It's a hobby, a fun one, a great one, but the a holes want to try and rain on the parade any chance they get.
Screw what anybody else says if you love it. I like your attitude!

This hobby is not meant to be enjoyed. You guys need to get mad about some stuff!!

#39 6 years ago

I hate post like this one . Just let the pinball machine review's take there course . Unwanted Drama in my opinion .

#40 6 years ago

i never put ant value in any of the ratings. if there usnt a scale and subjects to be graded havung a top anything is famdom and holds zero value.

#41 6 years ago

The more people play it, the more it will fall. Early hypers gonna hype...

Not a bad game, but definitely B-tier in the Stern catalog.

#42 6 years ago

Apparently the folks that post their ratings over on IPDB aren't riding the hype train for this one.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

but as far as "fun" factor, I keep going back to my MET and my IM:ve ... I know call me crazy.

I'd call you a very smart man, just like me.

IMG_0389 (resized).JPGIMG_0389 (resized).JPG

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Apparently the folks that post their ratings over on IPDB aren't riding the hype train for this one.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

???

There's one rating of 9.4 for a pro. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#45 6 years ago

Remember when X-Men LE was #1? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's one rating of 9.4 for a pro. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

And one rating only. Not enough for it to even crack the top 300. Was that yours?

I fully understand that the pinside system is different as it allows new games to run up the charts and then back down as they run their course. And in the end none of it matters. But it is always fun to watch the hype train roll.

I personally wouldn't give up a space in my lineup for this rehashed themed game even at half the price. I played it once and that was enough.

#47 6 years ago

who even looks at these ratings?? I think its only the people who rate the games they are rating...

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

who even looks at these ratings??

It makes for good filler on days when there is nothing else to complain about.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

who even looks at these ratings?? I think its only the people who rate the games they are rating...

And who watches the Watchmen?

If I had to guess, the ratings matter in a practical sense mainly when newbies are looking to buy in and want either a "Top 10 Pin" or a "Top Value Pin." That was a real factor for me in deciding to buy a Shadow as my first pin four years ago (and turns out the ratings were right, it's awesome!)

The written reviews are more useful than the numeric grades, of course, especially with those from the more thoughtful/thorough posters like @caucasian2step. But people have always loved to arbitrarily rank things and then bicker about the rankings, so there's no reason pinball should be any different.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

since I have an LE I will chime in here. I do like the game, however its a little too GOT-ish for me, from a few of the sounds, to the dudes voice, I think its the same guy. Yes, I keep mashing the start button again and again, but that is because the games go so quick its incredible. I think I have only had multiball a couple of times, and yes, it was tie fighter multiple each time. I don't think I suck at pinball, but when the software is built like GOT and SW is, then I must suck.
I love the theme, love the artwork and lighting, love the metal ramps and hyperloop, but as far as "fun" factor, I keep going back to my MET and my IM:ve ... I know call me crazy.
Im hoping the more I understand the rule set, stacking and other things I need to learn on it, the better I will get and the more I will enjoy playing it. But I tend to be "just play and hit everything I can" kind of player over a "strategy, lets do this and complete that"' kind of player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-is-the-second-best-pin-ever-made?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.