giphy-1.gif
IMG_4821 (resized).JPG
IMG_0389 (resized).JPG
1vt0is (resized).jpg
a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc227deff6294a9907dd5cfa43 (resized).jpg
button (resized).jpg
IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20170912-193418 (resized).png
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Remember when X-Men LE was #1? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

So was Avengers LE and Ghostbusters LE. For a week.

Fun Fact:

WOZ opened at modest 17 and the haters knocked it to 53 a week later.

#52 6 years ago

Pinside top 100 is like the adult magazine I NEVER snuck out of the garage as a kid.
I never look at the ratings, I just read the comments.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

who even looks at these ratings?? I think its only the people who rate the games they are rating...

I do, but not really the rating number. Rather, I like to read the comments to get a sense for what people like in a game and why they rate that particular game they way they did. That helps me assess games I haven't been able to play in person to possibly get them higher on my radar for a purchase.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And one rating only. Not enough for it to even crack the top 300. Was that yours?

Nope. I have all I can handle trying to deal with people around here who claim to love pinball crapping on every new game.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have all I can handle trying to deal with people around here who claim to love pinball crapping on every new game.

As long as it isn't your mission to make them change their mind, you have nothing to stress about.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I have all I can handle trying to deal with people around here who claim to love pinball crapping on every new game.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As long as it isn't your mission to make them change their mind, you have nothing to stress about.

You can't change negative people. And there sure are a LOT of then around here. Such an uplifting place...you can pretty much count on a bitchfest every time a new game is released. It's pretty depressing, actually. Even games I have no interest in I find to be a lot of fun. But then again, I just love playing pinball.

I must be pretty stupid, huh?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can't change negative people. And there sure are a LOT of then around here. Such an uplifting place...you can pretty much count on a bitchfest every time a new game is released. It's pretty depressing, actually. Even games I have no interest in I find to be a lot of fun. But then again, I just love playing pinball.
I must be pretty stupid, huh?

Funny how allot of the same people that spent months finding every excuse to crap over b66 are now getting hyper defensive over their SW purchases.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny how allot of the same people that spent months finding every excuse to crap over b66 are now getting hyper defensive over their SW purchases.

I never crapped on that game. I just said it had clown puke art like Aerosmith and other recent Stern titles. I hate that Skittles look on games. I also said the playfield art on GOT LE, which I own, sucked balls too. I'm pretty honest even if I own a game. But the gameplay on BM66 is pretty lacking...which is a shame because I was a huge fan of the show growing up.

EDIT: I think the difference here is that I NEVER say a game is a piece of shit. Not really sure how anyone can claim to love pinball and make a statement like that. Don't like it? Fine. But be respectful of the people that do. They're not stupid. I've been respectful of people who love Hobbit, but that game puts me to sleep.

#60 6 years ago

My apologies in advance.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never crapped on that game. I just said it had clown puke art like Aerosmith and other recent Stern titles. I hate that Skittles look on games. I also said the playfield art on GOT LE, which I own, sucked balls too. I'm pretty honest even if I own a game. But the gameplay on BM66 is pretty lacking...which is a shame because I was a huge fan of the show growing up.
EDIT: I think the difference here is that I NEVER say a game is a piece of shit. Not really sure how anyone can claim to love pinball and make a statement like that. Don't like it? Fine. But be respectful of the people that do. They're not stupid. I've been respectful of people who love Hobbit, but that game puts me to sleep.

Wasn't specifically aimed at you beelzeboob . But now you gave me some evidence that you also did, you suck also..

Its all good fun - I find it funny we get so defensive about these things - you either like it or not - who cares.

#62 6 years ago

The game is great. If you can find a LE/ Premium in the arcades drop some coins and have a ball. I can't seem to stop playing it. So fast and fun. Tons of mods to learn and enjoy!!!

IMG_4821 (resized).JPGIMG_4821 (resized).JPG

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wasn't specifically aimed at you beelzeboob . But now you gave me some evidence that you also did, you suck also..
Its all good fun - I find it funny we get so defensive about these things - you either like it or not - who cares.

Looking back over the BM66 thread, the thing that's REALLY annoying there is all the people that were claiming people who didn't have the SLE or the LE were just jealous. That's a ridiculous claim to make with some people here that have over $100k worth of machines. Clearly they can afford one, but choose not to buy. Calling somebody jealous for criticizing a machine is just childish. Everybody is allowed to have an opinion about a machine...I just wish people wouldn't confuse opinion with fact.

Douchiest thing people can do on Pinside, btw: Saying "Fact" after they just stated an opinion. Makes you sound like a dumbass.

Fact.

#64 6 years ago

The truth is boob, you can't make everybody give a positive review of every game no matter how hard you try and no matter how much you want every comment to be positive. If that happened then we would all be like sheep accepting anything that comes our way.

The world is full of critics. Movie critics, book critics, music critics, and here pinball critics. And without them, you end up with people accepting whatever is spoon fed to them and the quality of the end product deteriorates with each new venture.

But go ahead, if you like and think everything about this industry is a positive experience, and live happily ever after.

#65 6 years ago

The top 10, and top 100 really, are a guideline and not the rule. Play and buy what you like

Heck, my number one and number two pins aren't even in the top 20

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The truth is boob, you can't make everybody give a positive review of every game no matter how hard you try and no matter how much you want every comment to be positive. If that happened then we would all be like sheep accepting anything that comes our way.
The world is full of critics. Movie critics, book critics, music critics, and here pinball critics. And without them, you end up with people accepting whatever is spoon fed to them and the quality of the end product deteriorates with each new venture.
But go ahead, if you like and think everything about this industry is a positive experience, and live happily ever after.

This is all true. But it seems like the critiques are predominantly negative--or at least the most vocal of us are negative--and its f**king depressing. I can see why Steve Ritchie was bitching about this forum. It's gotta be disheartening to see your work raked over the coals, especially when he most likely has no control over BOM and financial decisions.

It's not what people are saying around here, after all...it's the way they're saying it. Maybe I just need another break.

#67 6 years ago

Cosmo,buddy,2nd best pin ever??I thought you were above that level?We now know your passion for this title,but,remember we all also thought ST was tops way back when? Thank-you for your opinion!

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can see why Steve Ritchie was bitching about this forum. It's gotta be disheartening to see your work raked over the coals, especially when he most likely has no control over BOM and financial decisions.

I'm sure he has no say about chosen themes or BOM as he might have in the past. None of it's his fault for sure and shouldn't take it too personally unless it is a direct attack aimed at him. He does the best with what he has to work with, which in many cases these days isn't much.

The critics are there to get some kind of improvement so pinball can be at least close to as great as it once was, but that in itself is a daunting task.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is all true. But it seems like the critiques are predominantly negative--or at least the most vocal of us are negative--and its f**king depressing. I can see why Steve Ritchie was bitching about this forum. It's gotta be disheartening to see your work raked over the coals, especially when he most likely has no control over BOM and financial decisions.
It's not what people are saying around here, after all...it's the way they're saying it. Maybe I just need another break.

I am with you. For a hobby based on nostalgia and fun, there is so much negativity here. But that negativity doesn’t change how I feel about my games.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well you are so F ing way out there WRONG on BM66. Just saying.

As far as skittles go, you are right GOT is the worst dog shit artwork ever.

GB, BM and AS are gorgeous works of Picasso art compared to GOT and SW for that matter.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

For a hobby based on nostalgia and fun, there is so much negativity here.

Lately it seems this is a hobby based on money, and I personally can't blame people for trying to get their money's worth. And if they don't feel like they do, who's to blame them for letting off a little steam on a pinball forum like this one.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lately it seems this is a hobby based on money, and I personally can't blame people for trying to get their money's worth. And if they don't feel like they do, who's to blame them for letting off a little steam on a pinball forum like this one.

You mean the people selling THLE for $6k?

If you have to stress the F out over losing $$$ on buying a Nib pin then this isn't the hobby for that person. PERIOD.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you are so F ing way out there WRONG on BM66. Just saying.
As far as skittles go, you are right GOT is the worst dog shit artwork ever.
GB, BM and AS are gorgeous works of Picasso art compared to GOT and SW for that matter.

When Picasso was in middle school...

And btw...the dude puts both eyes on one side of a person's head, so you might actually be right about this. Picasso also looks like ass to me.

#74 6 years ago

If you don't want to loose 2K on buying a NIB PIN. Perhaps you should spend 2K in After market products. Then when you sell it you will get close to what you paid for it without the upgrades.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you have to stress the F out over losing $$$ on buying a Nib pin then this isn't the hobby for that person. PERIOD.

Exactly. And for those that go the traditional route and drop quarters in on location, they are still free to voice their opinion on the game be it positive or negative.

I can see it now as if we were back in the 90s. Someone posts a negative review of Shaq Attaq on a pinball forum and everybody else gets bent out of shape.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When Picasso was in middle school...
And btw...the dude puts both eyes on one side of a person's head, so you might actually be right about this. Picasso also looks like ass to me.

You uncultured swine

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. And for those that go the traditional route and drop quarters in on location, they are still free to voice their opinion on the game be it positive or negative.
I can see it now as if we were back in the 90s. Someone post a negative review of Shaq Attaq on a pinball forum and everybody else gets bent out of shape.

Haha, yep.

No internet back then. Life was good and simple.

However, the whole quality/justified thing is BS.

Like a pin? Express it up or down. If you own it, you obviously like it. If not, then I like to hear everybody's opinions but it doesn't mean anything to me without a few hundred plays

#78 6 years ago

I don't think anyone should vote on SW until the code is pretty much finished. Having said that, as it currently stands I have grown more disappointed each time I play it.
I'm just gonna come out and say it, SW pro sucks and is garbage. And the LE is even worse. Flame suit on.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No internet back then. Life was good and simple.

When we were free to say games like TOTAN and Shaq Attaq sucked and most people agreed.

There is this strange mindset now that anything new has to be good. Or should at least be praised for the effort. Sorry, but Homie don't play that game.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When we were free to say games like TOTAN and Shaq Attaq sucked and most people agreed.
There is this strange mindset now that anything new has to be good. Or should at least be praised for the effort. Sorry, but Homie don't play that game.

I like to hear people's opinions on games. Especially one's I respect, like the Odiner.

Everything new is NOT good Imo. That's just me. I think DI absolutely BLOWS because of the theme.

Would I play it on location? Sure. I think all pinball is good pinball.

#81 6 years ago

I'll play any games on location, even the ones that suck. Thank goodness most TOTANs and Shaq Attaqs are in private collections now.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll play any games on location, even the ones that suck. Thank goodness most TOTANs and Shaq Attaqs are in private collections now.

Played em both up at Pinballz in Austin. And so many others!

Junkyard is one I play every time I go up there, along with STTNG, Elvira and Nascar.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If not, then I like to hear everybody's opinions but it doesn't mean anything to me without a few hundred plays

I guess your opinion of DI doesn't mean anything to you then.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's just me. I think DI absolutely BLOWS because of the theme.

And this is what is fundamentally wrong with the new blood collector. Gameplay after theme. I don't get it.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Gameplay after theme. I don't get it.

It's what gets things sold around here.

We don't need no stinking code as long as we can pre-order our dream theme and be the first on the site to post unboxing pictures of it.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The critics are there to get some kind of improvement so pinball can be at least close to as great as it once was, but that in itself is a daunting task.

Some people think it's better then it once was. True story.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Some people think it's better then it once was. True story.

They are on glue.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are on glue.

Everyone has an opinion. None are more valid than others.

#89 6 years ago

True. But history has already been written.

If somebody thinks this hand full of licensed games from nostalgia past that most will never see a quarter is the best time ever in pinball, then that is their opinion to have.

#90 6 years ago

Wasn't BOP 2.0 in the top 10 briefly? Rankings are politics, I can have just as much fun with something in the 300's as I do with MM. It is all subjective.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Everyone has an opinion. None are more valid than others.

I disagree. Some have informed options on a given subject, others spout off.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It has only been reviewed by 100 pinsiders! The other pins have over 1000!
It will drop!

Weird that Pinside's ranking algorithm doesn't account for this delta.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Some have informed options

It is always good to have options.

#94 6 years ago

Got the chance to put a few more games on it tonight after the Indians came back for #22. I wouldn't trade my WCS94 for it straight up.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We don't need no stinking code as long as we can pre-order our dream theme and be the first on the site to post unboxing pictures of it.

Right on Mr. Batman66.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

???
There's one rating of 9.4 for a pro. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Quoted from zucot:

Remember when X-Men LE was #1? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Pretty sure the dude that rated it was all hyped-up on Milanos.

farm (resized).jpgfarm (resized).jpg

#97 6 years ago

LEs are still available. That says more about things than overly emotional ratings.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

LEs are still available. That says more about things than overly emotional ratings.

That says to me that either 800 LEs is too many, or that they have to include something to encourage buying an LE over a Premium. Never was clear to me what that is on SW.

If there was proof that sales are way off for SW as a whole that might tell us something. But would still be hard to separate general concerns with ongoing build quality issues vs. dislike of SW in particular.

#99 6 years ago

It's Star Wars though. It's the biggest license in entertainment and the demand isn't what it should be.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

And this is what is fundamentally wrong with the new blood collector. Gameplay after theme. I don't get it.

Quoted from o-din:

Agree. Ooooo I like (fill in blank theme). Take my money cuz it's pretty!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-is-the-second-best-pin-ever-made/page/2?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.