Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I played a SWLE on location and every shot was rejected...every one

It's definitely a makeable shot and should be nice and smooth when you hit it. If it was being rejected, I would bet their table needs leveled or the wireform up there actually needs to be adjusted slightly.

I never have a reject (as in it hits something and comes back). The only shots that I have come out on my premium are if they just don't have enough speed which is usually me trying to back hand it.

Definitely a tough shot though!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from nbside:

Flipper strength, is that some setting? It seems that no matter how fast I attempt press the left flipper for a backhand the ball just shoots off into the playfield.

So the best chance I've had of backhanding the shot into the death star is when the ball is rolling from the right of the game, and then flipping when it's almost at the very bottom of the flipper. I've done it successfully quite a bit, but it's no where near a sure thing, it's more of a I only have a couple seconds left, might as well try hail mary.

The ball can be coming from a dead bounce from the right flipper, coming from the right towards the left flipper (orbit, bounce etc) and even just be coming back down from the tip of the left flipper like if you were going to cradle it, but it hasn't stopped rolling yet. I have had virtually no success cradling it on the left flipper and then just flipping it into the deathstar with the ramp up. It will usually go up and not quite make it and then roll back down.

I have my game setup at 6.5-6.8 (I forget which). The bubble is between the lines like it is intended, but it's your game so put it wherever you want.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm finding hard/clean shots to be less reliable than one that just makes it fast enough to get up. I don't know if hard shots are taking air and skipping or not, but if it's too slow, it won't make the climb, if it's too fast, it clunks out. Pretty tough to make it stick.

I don't have any issues with hard shots on my premium. Like I said before, nothing hits and rejects, the only ones that come back out are those that aren't hit hard enough. I'd guess the machine(s) you've played are too shallow if you're suspecting skipping or possibly the wireform in the back needs an adjustment (someone mentioned they had to adjust theirs on one of the other groups). Mine's been super smooth since I opened the box so I know it's possible to have ti smooth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sw-death-star-shot-tips-request?tu=SilverballNut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.