6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I currently have a 2004 Ford Expedition as my pin hauler and now since my daughter started driving it's my daily driver also.

I'll probably be looking for new truck sometime this year. Looking for recommendations of something that would hold at least two machines. On the newer trucks I've seen so far it seems the second row does not fold flat with the third row (WTF).

I'm fairly open to manufacturers. But I'm looking for something that can tow if needed and is four wheel drive. I do not want a pick up. I want an enclosed cab due to weather and I don't feel like strapping every machine down on top of loading it.

I know some of the minivans are amazing and have more space than my Expedition but I really don't want to give up the towing and 4 wheel drive.

Any suggestions would be great!

#2 6 years ago

Get an awd Toyota Sienna. Easily holds 2 pins and has all wheel drive. I use my wife’s van for all my arcade and pinball transport. I use it to stay incognito and under the radar. A Honda Pilot would be a nice suv choice

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I know some of the minivans are amazing and have more space than my Expedition but I really don't want to give up the towing and 4 wheel drive.

The new Toyota Sienna comes in AWD, and it has a rated towing capacity of 3,500 lbs. I've seen people fit 4 pinball machines at once into them.

#4 6 years ago

I was kind of hoping for something on the smaller side that fit too. I do have to drive it everyday and don't want to get killed in gas bills either..

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I was kind of hoping for something on the smaller side that fit too.

How about the RAV4 Adventure Edition? It's got a tow prep package, and is also rated at 3,500 lbs, has enough room for a pinball machine (or two, I believe. I fit my White Water in my aunts with decent room to spare), and comes in AWD with the benefit of having a locking differential--if that's something you value. Small enough to scoot around town, and a 4 cylinder engine that should be better on gas.

#6 6 years ago

Have you looked at the new Volkswagen Atlas?

I saw it at the car show a couple months ago. There is a huge amount of room in those and it can tow 5,000 lbs. Also, it is nice there is a 6 yr/72,000 mi bumper to bumper warranty now on all VWs.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

How about the RAV4 Adventure Edition? It's got a tow prep package, and is also rated at 3,500 lbs, has enough room for a pinball machine (or two, I believe. I fit my White Water in my aunts with decent room to spare), and comes in AWD with the benefit of having a locking differential--if that's something you value. Small enough to scoot around town, and a 4 cylinder engine that should be better on gas.

I always think of RAV4 being barely big enough to hold one... I don't think the 4-cylinder is going to handle it if I take a trailer to the show though

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I saw it at the car show a couple months ago. There is a huge amount of room in those and it can tow 5,000 lbs. Also, it is nice there is a 6 yr/72,000 mi bumper to bumper warranty now on all VWs.

Never heard of that one. I have to look it up.

Doesn't have to be a new car. Happy with something if it's a couple of years old. Something will under 50000 miles at this point would be a bonus. My Expedition has two hundred thousand plus

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Just looked it up it looks pretty cool.. going to have to get the tape measure out to see how many it might fit

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suv-recommendations-for-2-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.