12%

(306 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisspoll.JPG
metbuy.JPG
th.jpeg
jack-nicholson-crazy.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Just interested in seeing how many Pinsiders have made a decision to buy Kiss.

#2 8 years ago

If I can make it happen I will. Premium.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

I will get one - leaning towards the premium, although I'll price out the LE.

#4 8 years ago

I'm down for the LE but I may change to Premium. There are no differences listed aside form some cabinet art and armour.

#5 8 years ago

If I was to buy one before playing it then I should be committed.

#6 8 years ago

Yep, looks great!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I should be committed.

Your grandkids can do that for you too.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was to buy one before playing it then I should be committed.

jack-nicholson-crazy.jpgjack-nicholson-crazy.jpg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your grandkids can do that for you too.

Stocking stuffers for my daughter's x-mas.
th.jpegth.jpeg

#10 8 years ago

Sadly, the most obvious and important poll option aint there: i buy when the code is close to being finished.

#11 8 years ago

just tried to get the le. my distributor was all out of their supply

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Sadly, the most obvious and important poll option aint there: i buy when the code is close to being finished.

At least the people on here that have said they will buy one have never complained about the code (at least not that I remember). Some in fact are pretty strong advocates of the "buy stern NIB clan", which is all good. I tip my hat to you boys. But I still caution to see what you are buying before forking over $7K.

#13 8 years ago

Finish the code.

no more orders.

#14 8 years ago

I agree the code issue is annoying and disappointing. With that said this will be my 4th NIB in 7 months, so the code issue has not really stopped me from buying NIB yet. A few more TWD pins with unfinished code and quality issues will definitely effect my desire to purchase NIBs from Stern.

#15 8 years ago

I took the oath and I am staying with it...no more pre-orders. Finish the code and if I like it I will consider buying it.

#16 8 years ago

I'll wait a year and see what I think, same as the Met I own.

#17 8 years ago

I voted no but kind of misleading since I doubt I will buy many new pins in my lifetime. The pin looks pretty good in pics but no way I would put one in my home. Might play it on location but never buy, ever.

#18 8 years ago

No here. I'm waiting on GoT. A theme that really appeals to me, plus it has my favorite designer putting in extra time on it.

#19 8 years ago

So we had 20% of Pinsiders responding to the poll would buy a Kiss Pin. I am thinking that's not bad. Projecting that would be 5,600 Kiss pins sold to just Pinsiders.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

So we had 20% of Pinsiders responding to the poll would buy a Kiss Pin. I am thinking that's not bad. Projecting that would be 5,600 Kiss pins sold to just Pinsiders.

if Pinside represents 20% of the market, then another 22,400 might go to non-Pinsiders. Stern is gonna need a bigger factory.

#21 8 years ago

I think it looks great all around, but I'm committed to playing it first and then deciding. There should be some at CAX in July. I can't wait.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

So we had 20% of Pinsiders responding to the poll would buy a Kiss Pin.

And that adds up to a total of 47. I guess there will be plenty of NIB LEs available a year from now just like there were with METLE.

Quoted from cantbfrank:

Projecting that would be 5,600 Kiss pins sold to just Pinsiders.

You sound like an investment banker.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

That's assuming people who are and are not buying KISS are equally as likely to vote in a poll titled "Survey: Who has already committed to buying KISS".

Something makes me think people who are buying it are more likely to respond by a longshot.

#24 8 years ago

I'm holding out for a nice HUO pin in a few years. Not a urgently needed pin for my collection.

#25 8 years ago

LE ordered.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Something makes me think people who are buying it are more likely to respond by a longshot.

You sound like a statistician.

#27 8 years ago

Holding out for MBr here

#28 8 years ago

I'm holding out on Spooky pinball's next title.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

You cant extrapolate this. The people that read this topic or vote are a unique subset of all pinsiders.

#30 8 years ago

The other 28 1/3 % are looking for something else.

#31 8 years ago

KISS is a great looking pin, but it's not flipping my trigger like TBL has. I look forward to playing it, but I won't buy one.

#32 8 years ago

Looks kinda cool but I am out for sure.

Would play on location though!

#33 8 years ago

I love the music pins, and they by far get the most play in my house. I always wanted an original but this one will tie me over until i find one at a reasonable price.

#34 8 years ago

LE ordered! I think I got a good price...$7825 shipped.

#35 8 years ago

I would buy the Premium, but just can't justify the price with the kind of sucky CAN$.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

LOL WHAT are you smoking?

#37 8 years ago

LE Ordered

#38 8 years ago

Premium ordered.

#39 8 years ago

Pro ordered but may upgrade to Premium. On the fence

#40 8 years ago

Changed to LE from Premiun .

#41 8 years ago

LE ordered.

#42 8 years ago

KISS LE...orange trim...orange trim...orange trim...one can hope they change it to orange from that leftover AC/DC trim!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

if Pinside represents 20% of the market, then another 22,400 might go to non-Pinsiders. Stern is gonna need a bigger factory.

So after a week looks like Stern might sell a whopping 70-100 games from Pinsiders (of those that actually responded) and that is if they all actually buy them. I'd have to guess they'll sell a few hundred to non-pinsiders, maybe as many as a few thousand if the game play is very good. No they are not going to need a bigger factory, they are going to need to start working on the next title.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So after a week looks like Stern might sell a whopping 70-100 games from Pinsiders (of those that actually responded) and that is if they all actually buy them. I'd have to guess they'll sell a few hundred to non-pinsiders, maybe as many as a few thousand if the game play is very good. No they are not going to need a bigger factory, they are going to need to start working on the next title.

Yes, as we all know Pinside surveys and polls definitely tell us everything we need to know...

#45 8 years ago

Don't underestimate the number of people who won't respond. Nothing like saying you bought one when most of the noise is about not buying it till code is ready. WHICH, is a sensible move, don't get me wrong. And I have gone that way previously. This time round though, I'm in for LE. Don't give two shits about the code, I don't bitch about code anyway. But it's no fun talking about it in this thread. Go check in the Club!!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

These numbers make little sense when taken as absolute values. What would be more instructive would be to compare:
- how many people listed Kiss in their wishlist as compared to WWE, TWD and mustang at the same relative moment (within a few weeks after the initial announcement)
- the same exact poll for the other pins (again, checking what was voted within weeks of initial announcement).

And that would only give you an idea of how well Kiss **may** sell among pinsiders. Who represent a minor % of buyers, except for LE. Guess a fair amount go to operators who seldom check pinside.

From the reactions I read, overall Pinside initial reaction is better than for WWE.
I have very little doubt Kiss LE is (was ?) a success.
For the Premium, gameplay videos and word of mouth may affect sales a lot.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

From the reactions I read, overall Pinside initial reaction is better than for WWE.
I have very little doubt Kiss LE is (was ?) a success.

I'm just going by the initial poll reaction that shows a huge "I will not buy" response. I could only find an earlier Metallica survey that was similar - and it doesn't show as big of a negative "No I will not buy" vote like KISS.
I'm sorry, I keep hearing folks say there's a great initial reaction - but this doesn't jive with the survey, IMO.

metbuy.JPGmetbuy.JPG kisspoll.JPGkisspoll.JPG
#49 8 years ago

I can tell you this, more Kiss has already been ordered than WWE total sales to date.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Quoted from wayout440:

I'm just going by the initial poll reaction that shows a huge "I will not buy" response. I could only find an earlier Metallica survey that was similar - and it doesn't show as big of a negative "No I will not buy" vote like KISS.
I'm sorry, I keep hearing folks say there's a great initial reaction - but this doesn't jive with the survey, IMO.

metbuy.JPG
kisspoll.JPG

Here's a Star Trek poll:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-which-one-are-you-buying

341 People voted in the poll. 100 said they were buying ST, 234 said they were not. That's an even higher percentage than said they weren't going to buy Kiss.

As of today, over 600 pinsiders list ST in their collections.

It's way to early to make any kind of estimates on how the game will end up selling. Each game stands on it's own. And if you want to limit it to only bands, AC/DC was not exactly well received by a lot of people on this forum initially (and we know how that turned out).

Edit: Sorry, I should have included a screenshot.. Also, I have no love for Kiss, and I won't be buying one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/survey-who-has-already-committed-to-buying-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.