(Topic ID: 244668)

Surprise gift from Stern and George Gomez...

By tktlwyr

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hayfarmer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

063E2028-1722-496E-9BB9-D05476067744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190716_103118382 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190716_103131955 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
D25F1194-E393-433F-8DA3-5201AE8DB5F6 (resized).jpeg
ute (resized).jpg
C647C50E-464A-4342-A448-0CE6765115C6 (resized).jpeg
F0E8EB86-C8A0-427B-959F-0259A82AE5E9 (resized).jpeg
EDD3728A-90EB-48C2-B4C2-F6EFCF01A39F (resized).jpeg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I picked up my new Deadpool Pro today and there was a very cool gift in the box with the following letter. It will be made into a topper.
EDD3728A-90EB-48C2-B4C2-F6EFCF01A39F (resized).jpegEDD3728A-90EB-48C2-B4C2-F6EFCF01A39F (resized).jpegF0E8EB86-C8A0-427B-959F-0259A82AE5E9 (resized).jpegF0E8EB86-C8A0-427B-959F-0259A82AE5E9 (resized).jpeg

C647C50E-464A-4342-A448-0CE6765115C6 (resized).jpegC647C50E-464A-4342-A448-0CE6765115C6 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

That’s a bunch of bullshit! I bought an LE and 6 months later I get a lousy album. You spend half and get a Katana! Congratulations, F*** me

#4 4 years ago

very kool !

#5 4 years ago

Yes. This shit. More of this cool shit. I wrote in the GB (29 months) code thread and how they need to be a more fun company because they make a fun product!

More of this and less “corporate” marketing blitzes please!

#6 4 years ago

Awesome!

#7 4 years ago

Oh man!! I want to place an order now!!

#8 4 years ago

Very cool! I honestly thought the surprise gift was going to be the Ghostbusters code update lol!

#9 4 years ago

Yeah Babee!!!!

#10 4 years ago

Is anyone else like me thinking maybe....just maybe this is a little hoax by the OP?!?!

I mean, America more than any other country is full of litigious people and do Stern really send a sword, in a box, in the hopes that one doesn't uses it as a weapon....or cuts themselves and sues?!?

...I know I'm possibly being a negative Nancy but I'll bullshit!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Very cool! I honestly thought the surprise gift was going to be the Ghostbusters code update lol!

Haha, me too!

#12 4 years ago

Damn, I was hoping it was going to be new code for Ghostbusters. Congratulations anyway.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Is anyone else like me thinking maybe....just maybe this is a little hoax by the OP?!?!
I mean, America more than any other country is full of litigious people and do Stern really send a sword, in a box, in the hopes that one doesn't uses it as a weapon....or cuts themselves and sues?!?

That looks like his signature to me... it’s pretty damn unique. I buy it, this is awesome!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

From the OP, who is both an attorney and a lifelong martial artist who practices tameshigiri with a live blade, the sword is only decorative and not sharpened.

Glad to see that there are conspiracy theorist down under.

Thanks for the laugh.

#15 4 years ago

Very awesome.

#16 4 years ago

Wow!! That’s cool.

#17 4 years ago

coolies

#18 4 years ago

Now that’s classy. I hope Stern continues that in the future. Congrats on it, looks awesome!

#19 4 years ago

That’s awesome! That’s a nice treat, very cool to do!
Jersey Jack should include 5 random Golden Tickets in Wonka for a factory tour!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

From the OP, who is both an attorney and a lifelong martial artist who practices tameshigiri with a live blade, the sword is only decorative and not sharpened.
Glad to see that there are conspiracy theorist down under.
Thanks for the laugh.

Lol...appreciate the big noting you gave yourself...pat yourself on the back!

Just seemed...unusual. No promotion via usual Stern channels that's all. Always touting their cards for the BM66 model...would've thought this would have been shown as well...either way, glad I gave a laugh though...!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Lol...appreciate the big noting you gave yourself...pat yourself on the back!
Just seemed...unusual. No promotion via usual Stern channels that's all. Always touting their cards for the BM66 model...would've thought this would have been shown as well...either way, glad I gave a laugh though...!

Hey just trying to say that I’m big enough, smart enough and skilled enough not cut myself on a paperweight after you went all crikey, don’t give the Americans a fake sword because they might cut their hang nails and sue Stern.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

you went all Crikey

“You call that a swooooordddd?”

rd

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Oh man that was perfect..I m laughing so hard.

#24 4 years ago

George is good people and a classy thing to do!

Grats!!!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I mean, America more than any other country is full of litigious people

Give me a break. The world as a whole is full of litigious people. So by this post, I suppose we can assume that your country is full of judgemental people? Give it a rest with the mudslinging.

#26 4 years ago

Nice! Good for you, what a great surprise!

#27 4 years ago

Cool. Also #jealous. It would be a nice post-purchase gift for LE buyers. If Stern is planning to begin selling these, it’s a smart marketing strategy.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Deep cut?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

More of this and less “corporate” marketing blitzes please!

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Oh man!! I want to place an order now!!

Looks like it's having its intended affect.

#30 4 years ago

Just be careful you don't shoot your eye out.
Red Ryder Kantanas are known for that.

Congrats BTW

#31 4 years ago

Damn, very cool! Very jealous! Congrats!

#32 4 years ago

George Gomez is a cool dude

Now if Gary can just send me a light saber for my Star Wars LE-we will be even

Congrats-nice surprise for sure

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Give me a break. The world as a whole is full of litigious people. So by this post, I suppose we can assume that your country is full of judgemental people? Give it a rest with the mudslinging.

It’s almost like your offended by the truth. America is not the most litigious country, but it’s in the top 5. So ya, there are a lot of law suits in the USA compared to other places.

“There is a common misconception that the U.S. is the most litigious nation in the World. This is simply untrue. While it’s true that the U.S. has a large number of lawsuits crowding its courts each year, it barely cracks the Top 5 of most litigious countries in the world. In his book, “Exploring Global Landscapes of Litigation,” Christian Wollschlager notes that the litigation rates per 1,000 people shows that European nations top the list of the world’s most litigious countries. Here is a list of the top 5 most litigious countries by capita: 1. Germany: 123.2/1,000 2. Sweden: 111.2/1,000 3. Israel: 96.8/1,000 4. Austria: 95.9/1,000 5. U.S.: 74.5/1,000. The Top 10 also includes the UK (64.4); Denmark (62.5); Hungary (52.4); Portugal (40.7); and France (40.3).”

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It’s almost like your offended by the truth. America is not the most litigious country......

Well that may be true but we're still the smartest! And um...have the tallest buildings!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that may be true but we're still the smartest! And um...have the tallest buildings!

Right.....

#36 4 years ago

Awesome! I had no idea they did stuff like that.

I wonder if anyone who ordered a Star Trek got a live tribble?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It’s almost like your offended by the truth. America is not the most litigious country, but it’s in the top 5. So ya, there are a lot of law suits in the USA compared to other places.
“There is a common misconception that the U.S. is the most litigious nation in the World. This is simply untrue. While it’s true that the U.S. has a large number of lawsuits crowding its courts each year, it barely cracks the Top 5 of most litigious countries in the world. In his book, “Exploring Global Landscapes of Litigation,” Christian Wollschlager notes that the litigation rates per 1,000 people shows that European nations top the list of the world’s most litigious countries. Here is a list of the top 5 most litigious countries by capita: 1. Germany: 123.2/1,000 2. Sweden: 111.2/1,000 3. Israel: 96.8/1,000 4. Austria: 95.9/1,000 5. U.S.: 74.5/1,000. The Top 10 also includes the UK (64.4); Denmark (62.5); Hungary (52.4); Portugal (40.7); and France (40.3).”

You say I'm offended by the truth, then provide proof that it is, in fact, not true.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I wonder if anyone who ordered a Star Trek got a live tribble?

I hope not ... because by now they'd have a few trillion of them.

#39 4 years ago

Of course it turns political and of course we get the usual denial from the usual suspect country.
SAD

#40 4 years ago

Btw awesome surprise

#42 4 years ago

Seems we can't go even one thread without a pissing match about nothing.

Congrats to the OP. Very cool gift.

#43 4 years ago

Congrats! Very cool thing for Gomez & Stern to do.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Seems we can't go even one thread without a pissing match about nothing.
Congrats to the OP. Very cool gift.

No kidding. Why can't people just appreciate the gesture and be happy for the OP? I think it's a great marketing tool and something Stern should do more often. A sword is pretty cool but could just be a simple t-shirt, mug, or key fob with game art on it.

#45 4 years ago

Total bull crap I bought a Munsters and all I got was a perfectly working pinball machine.time to wright Gomez a letter...

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

No kidding. Why can't people just appreciate the gesture and be happy for the OP?

+1, I blame the entitlement mentality of todays utes.

ute (resized).jpgute (resized).jpg
#47 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You say I'm offended by the truth, then provide proof that it is, in fact, not true.

That stat is per capita. USA has 4 times to population of Germany. So ya, it's probably true that USA has the highest number of litigation

#48 4 years ago

It's a cool gesture. I'd like them to do more of this but in a different way. Maybe contests for owners to participate in. Get the community involved to send pics and give reviews.

#49 4 years ago

Good news is nice to see in the midst of many threads that focus on negativity. Thanks for posting!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please don't judge us by him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.99
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surprise-gift-from-stern-and-george-gomez?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.