• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG 3.JPG
photo.JPG
#1 8 years ago

The lights at the top of the playfield are not moving from one to the other photo.JPGphoto.JPG because I moved the arm plate by accident photo.JPGphoto.JPG can someone please tell me what the arm on the left and on the right should be set on at the start of a game ,I see numbers from 0 to 9 on these circuit boards , the reason I moved the arm by accident is because the lights are dimming and yes I should have taken some photo first before touching anything ,any help is appreciated

photo.JPG 3.JPGphoto.JPG 3.JPG
#2 8 years ago

I believe its called the relay disc advance unit, it needs to be reset

#3 8 years ago

The AS style relay in the last picture above needs to be serviced. It is probably gummed up.

There is a tutorial that I think Chris documented a while back that someone can point you to.

You can test this is the issue by removing the AS style relay from its mounting bracket and actuating the ratchet end of the plate manually and see if the lighted rollover changes.

This unit is connected to the playfield by jones plugs so it makes it easy to remove it from the game and work it leisurely at your workbench.

#4 8 years ago

This is something you can totally do, just be careful with it. But you can relatively easily remove the two screws holding that arm on, take the arm the little "lock washer" (I know there's another name for this one but I can't remember what it is) and the part that turns along the surface of the circuit board, and then do the following:

1. Gently clean the surface of the circuit board with 91% alcohol to remove dirt
2. Use a dab of metal polish on your finger and polish the metal of the circuit board. Gently but thoroughly wipe this off to a nice shine.
3. Use a dab of Super Lube silicone lubricant (only use this kind) and do a light smear on the circuit board as well so the "foot" spins more easily.

Reassemble. Repeat for the board on the other side. You could clean the switch contacts while you're at it, just be careful. I'd avoid doing anything with the little nylon sprocket mechanism in the middle as they are a bugger to get back together if you take apart or misalign.

I've done this on the AS relay on both my Target Alpha and my Bronco and both work great now. And I'm still a "newbie".

Oh, and take several pictures before disassembling just in case you can't remember the order things go back together.

Mark

#5 8 years ago

i removed the unit from the cabinet ,first thing i noticed was the nylon sprocket wasn't moving the ratchet and the spring had come out of the two slots , i unscrewed the two screws on the arm took the lock washer out and the wiper arm ,what i noticed when i manual moved the ratchet was it turned 4 times then get stuck ,after about an hour of playing around with it ifound it was the spring tension on the black ratchet causing it to stop so i just adjusted that spring on the switch that sits on that ratchet put all back together and works better then before ,the lights are all bright ,the only thing i noticed is before i had two of those lights on now its only one

#6 8 years ago

is there suppose to be two add light bonuses on at the same time

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

is there suppose to be two add light bonuses on at the same time

Not in 5 ball play. It might compensate that way in 3 ball play.

#8 8 years ago

thanks mikeo then its working right

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surferhelp-neededadd-bonus-lights-fault and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.