clear4_(resized).jpg
clear3_(resized).jpg
clear2_(resized).jpg
clear1_(resized).jpg
20150401_194812.jpg
20150224_205531.jpg
20140617_221252.jpg
WhosTurnIsIt.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

I now own a Surfer and I wanted one over a Surf Champ for many of the reasons already stated by others.

* Weight of the Head as I can put it on by myself as the four players are just too heavy for me to wrangle these days.

* Less initial and on going maintenance issues to deal with in a 2 player head vs a 4.

* More artwork on the head of Surfer vs Surf Champ. An interesting note to this is that there are plenty of 2/4 player games with the same amount of artwork on the head (maybe scaled down a bit to fit a 4 player, but basically the same) but Surfer/Surf Champ clearly are way different with Surfer even having one more person in the art (guy surfer).

* We usually throw 1 sizable party a year so having a 2 player to compete with my wife or the next door neighbor just made more sense for me.

** As far as the extra size of the 4 player head a I could accommodate either a 2 or 4 player in my arcade so this was not an issue for me where it could be for others with space that can only fit a 2 player.

Bottom line: Both are great games as they play the same, so it just boils down to your preference which one works best for you in your arcade.

I currently do not have my machine as it is getting paint and bodywork by pinhead52, but hope to be enjoying it sometime late this year and possibly take it to TPF 2016.

Ken

11 months later
#38 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Bottom line: Both are great games as they play the same, so it just boils down to your preference which one works best for you in your arcade.

Ha! Well looks like I now have a Surf Champ now as I missed my Surfer after selling it. It's all good though as this machine is in nicer shape and is a keeper.

7 months later
#55 7 years ago

My Surf Champ. Original paint and legs along with a perfect Backglass. Backglass 10, Playfield 8.5, Cabinet 9.

DSC09369 (resized).JPGDSC09369 (resized).JPG

DSC09358 (resized).JPGDSC09358 (resized).JPG

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Black legs? Mine had black legs when I got it but they definitely weren't original (wrong length), so I replaced with new chrome ones from PBR. Either way, yours looks awesome! I had to do a full restore on my cabinet and PF and get a BGResto BG...

Actually they are the original chrome legs, camera just did not flash on them right. It is the only machine I have ever bought that did not get a set of new legs from PBR as these are in super condition. Machine was routed for 3 years when new, then sold to the owner I bought it from.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surfer-vs-surf-champ?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.