clear4_(resized).jpg
clear3_(resized).jpg
clear2_(resized).jpg
clear1_(resized).jpg
20150401_194812.jpg
20150224_205531.jpg
20140617_221252.jpg
WhosTurnIsIt.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Excellent - thanks for clearing this mystery up!

#52 7 years ago

You know why they made so many Surf Champs?
Because it's the best darn em out there, that's why

#53 7 years ago

Surfer is on my wishlist. I'd pick up a Surf Champ if it were close and reasonable, but a Surfer would make me sell something. Plus my wife wouldn't mind me buying another pin if it were a Surfer.

#54 7 years ago

Finally confirmation of what was always a suspected clerical/typo error.

#55 7 years ago

My Surf Champ. Original paint and legs along with a perfect Backglass. Backglass 10, Playfield 8.5, Cabinet 9.

DSC09369 (resized).JPGDSC09369 (resized).JPG

DSC09358 (resized).JPGDSC09358 (resized).JPG

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

My Surf Champ. Original paint and legs along with a perfect Backglass. Backglass 10, Playfield 8.5, Cabinet 9.

Black legs? Mine had black legs when I got it but they definitely weren't original (wrong length), so I replaced with new chrome ones from PBR. Either way, yours looks awesome! I had to do a full restore on my cabinet and PF and get a BGResto BG...

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Black legs? Mine had black legs when I got it but they definitely weren't original (wrong length), so I replaced with new chrome ones from PBR. Either way, yours looks awesome! I had to do a full restore on my cabinet and PF and get a BGResto BG...

Actually they are the original chrome legs, camera just did not flash on them right. It is the only machine I have ever bought that did not get a set of new legs from PBR as these are in super condition. Machine was routed for 3 years when new, then sold to the owner I bought it from.

1 year later
#58 5 years ago

I agree the artwork on the glass of Surfer is better, the 28" Surf Champ back box has a few extra waves under the girl vs the 26" Surfer, I found this out when I repainted both heads.

20181028_162340 (resized).jpg20181028_162340 (resized).jpg20181028_175938 (resized).jpg20181028_175938 (resized).jpg
#59 5 years ago

good to known, I have a surf champ and also have all the mechs and backglass of a surfer and was tempted to make a second backbox for fun one day

are they any other differences with the backboxes ?

Wonder what a custom wedgehead would look like for the surfer?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

are they any other differences with the backboxes ?

No, just the heights, 2 inches difference.
4" height difference between 2 and 4 player backboxes in the other games with 100K lights

Quoted from swinks:

Ummm no, wedgehead is for single player only........backglass size is 22" high and 19 7/8" wide

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Oh, you got a Maresa.....not Gottlieb?
......anyway, that backglass is still too big for a wedgehead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surfer-vs-surf-champ/page/2?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.