10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ahanson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well I had my Surfer almost working right. I started messing with the 100s reel on player 1 to see if I could figure out how to get it to hit 500 points consistently instead of nearly random 100s on the 500 bonus shots. I messed with the switch gaps (including the EOS switch) and made things worse. For a while it was barely triggering so I tried to put everything back and now it's back to how it was before but is failing to trigger the 1000s. The game starts up and zeros out OK and player 2 doesn't have any problems. P1 thousands go just fine on 1000 point bonuses.

This one has me stumped since as far as I can read the schematics if p2 works so should p1.

Could anyone help me understand how the hundreds trigger the 1000s to roll and what switches I'd need to check that might be preventing the reel from triggering?

#3 10 years ago

That's what I thought but I think I may have filed it poorly or something because even when I have it adjusted so it closes on the 9 (with 0 open and 1-8 closed) it's not triggering the next reel. I put a jumper on the leaf too and I think it's making contact since that prevents the reel from working during start up but doesn't help during game play. Could it possibly be any switches on the 1000 relay need adjusting or is it just isolated to that 9 switch and that should fix it?

I'm going to take another crack at it tomorrow. I thought I understood what was going on but I'll get it eventually.

#5 10 years ago

No broken wires that I can see and I did continuity checks and it looks like I'm getting the 9 switch to connect to the wire that should pull in the 1000s relay (green/red/white) but its not working when the 100s relay goes and I'm not sure why it works with P2. It looks to me like the same wires. I'm trying to understand all the wires and where they go but it seems like it should work.

#6 10 years ago

Turns out after much continuity testing that it was the maroon/white wire from M going to the EOS switch that wasn't making good contact with the green/white wire that goes to the 9 switch to trigger L. I guess when I adjusted it back that I didn't give it enough to make solid contact.

So now I'm back to everything working but having a 500 point consistency issue. I'm going to clean the score reel on P2 and see if that fixes it or start trying to figure out if it might be a score motor thing but I'd rather not touch that if I don't have to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surfer-player-1-100s-not-rolling-1000s?tu=ahanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.