• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ksmmspt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksmmspt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

So I just got my surf champ back from a friend who was helping to get it going and it played well for about 10 games or so. Then, I started to have the following issues pop up: The start button would not start a game despite credits being shown. The left coin door switch would however start a game?? That worked for several more games until I lost ball 5 and the game was over. When I started another game, the score reels reset properly but the score motor just continues to spin without stopping. Where do I need to start? I did check all rollover switches and none were stuck. But I haven't checked the standup switches.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. Rolf: Q and U both pull in when power is toggled on. Activating the start relay does go through the startup sequence including the reset bank and back box switching from player to player. However, no ball is kicked out and the score motor is running the entire time and never stops until I turn off the power.

Howard, I am checking what you suggested as well and will report back.

Thanks guys!!

#5 6 years ago

Ok,
My local buddy came over and we found several things: Had to adjust the AX relay as 2 switch blades came out of the bottom of the armature. We switched the springs to give it more snap and that made a world of difference. We found that the stepper in the backbox wasn't registering. So we cleaned the lube off the brass contacts with alcohol and shined them up. Lastly, we set the game to free play and that took care of the start button issue. Everythings up and running perfectly at the moment. Thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ksmmspt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-wont-start-1?tu=ksmmspt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.