• Latest reply 9 years ago by balls
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imgres.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi all, just picked up a Surf Champ and King Kool, my first EM machines. These machines seem totally foreign to me as I am more familiar with working on machines of the bally mid 90's era.

Surf Champ was running well until I replaced all of the bulbs. Now I have some weird things happening and not sure where to start with a repair. The bonuses at the end of the game are not registering. When the ball goes over the roll over targets they do not register as a bonus, Im pretty sure that is the case with most of the targets, most everything works but when the ball drains a bonus is not added up, a new ball is launched.

Where should I start looking?
Thanks!

imgres.jpgimgres.jpg
#2 9 years ago

The drop targets, bumpers and spinner are working intermittently It seems that if I spin the spinner with my finger rapidly, the problem is fixed, the bumpers, drop targets and spinner all start scoring, when the ball drains and a new ball launches, the problem starts all over again. Im totally puzzled as to where to look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-troubles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.