• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

surfer g relay simplified (resized).jpg
Surf Champ (resized).PNG
#1 1 year ago

I am working on my Surf Champ. I note that the targets reset when relay G is made. I am trying to figure out what causes relay G to be made. When all targets are down there should be a sequence and they should reset. Does anyone know the sequence for this? I don't have the manual for this machine (yet).

Fantastic!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

I am working on my Surf Champ. I note that the targets reset when relay G is made. I am trying to figure out what causes relay G to be made. When all targets are down there should be a sequence and they should reset. Does anyone know the sequence for this? I don't have the manual for this machine (yet).
Fantastic!

This part of the schematic may help.

Surf Champ (resized).PNGSurf Champ (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago

The red circuit should energize the G relay - the G switch locks it on:

surfer g relay simplified (resized).jpgsurfer g relay simplified (resized).jpg

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from paulace:

The red circuit should energize the G relay - the G switch locks it on:
[quoted image]

Where is the Target Bank Seq. Switch? And what will activate 6B?

Fantastic!

#5 1 year ago

The schematic says that the 6B relay doesn't have a coil, so it's probably got an arm that spans the other drop target relays. When the rest of them go down, the arm falls on 6B and changes its switches, so it only changes when all the drops have fallen.

That target bank sequence switch is probably on the actual target bank. Look for a switch somewhere on the mechanism that closes when all the drops fall. The wire colors will help you identify it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-target-reset?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.