Pinball (resized).png
IMG-0246 (resized).JPG
ScoreChart (resized).jpg
ScorePlugs (resized).jpg
backbox (resized).jpg
22F441BF-D18D-4911-A9D6-0768BFAD37FF (resized).JPG
11C76D39-4116-4744-B877-8A4F079629B7 (resized).JPG
44A3B3B6-4536-4920-A654-A106DC23B1A1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Hi jradams76
I like the ending of Your post-1: "... game ejects a ball ...". (I may be wrong - but) I believe the problem is just the switch on the Q-Game-Over-Relay --- see HowardR 's JPG in post-12, on the right, near the number 14 - switch (on Q-Relay) has wire-color-red-mingled-with-white - has wire-red-yellow.
The Q-Relay MUST "quit pulling" when You start a new game - so this switch is closed (closed when relay is not pulling - we want the relay non-pulling). May use very fine sandpaper to clean the contact-points --- are the wires soldered-on*** ? . If "No luck": I then would like to troubleshoot using Jumper-Wires --- do You have at least two ? --- well, we can use just simple wires - wind around the bare metal of the Jumper-Wire-End - wind around an solder-lug in the pin --- but Jumper-Wires with gator-clips are recommended.

soldered-on***: Wires in the pin connect from "AA" to "BB" --- well a wire can break-off at "AA (here the Switch on Q-Relay)" --- but this connecting wire could have broken-off at "BB" --- we must have this fact in mind when we investigate on "AA (here switch on Q-Relay)". Greetings Rolf

#16 6 years ago

Hi jradams76
(I may be wrong - but) I believe the problem is just the switch on the Q-Game-Over-Relay or the wire-color-RED+WH leading from the switch - (long wire) - through a Jones-Plug - leading to many switches on the underneathside of the playfield --- means no connection.
Wire-color-RED+WH is the POWER-side-connection of the 24VAC-Circuitry in the pin --- a lot of switches --- to relays current is feeded POWER to coils.
My idea is "when we force connection up to the playfield": You can play. I do have an Surf Champ (it is fully running) - I made the "set permanent Jumper" I ask You to do on Your pin. My Surf Champ nicely runs WITH the permanent jumper (O.K. it is not broken down) - my Surf Champ does not act strange with the set permanent Jumper. Please toggle-off Your pin and unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons).

See the JPG - I took snippets from two ipdb-pictures: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2459&picno=46683 and http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2459&picno=46684 . See in my JPG the "lemon green curved line" --- the set permanent Jumper. See on the playfield in Your pin --- a naked wire runs from Rollover-Switch (middle) to the Rollover-Switches to the left - also to the right. THIS BARE wire also is wire-color-RED+WH --- easy to clip-on the end of a Jumper-Wire (You have Your pin toggled off) at this bare wire. Then have the Jumper hang loose - clip-on the other end at the Fuse-Holder 24VAC AS SHOWN in the JPG.

Keep Your hands off --- You have set the permanent jumper - now toggle-on - nothing spectacular should happen --- then press the Replay Buton / start a game (and keep hands off the pin - just watch) - the pin should do a simple start / reset. AFTER the pin has resetted and kicked-out the ball - NOW, YOU: Try the flipper-bats pushing them flipper-buttons - can You play ? Greetings Rolf

0Surf-Champ-Work-28 (resized).jpg0Surf-Champ-Work-28 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-score-motor-just-continues-to-spin?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.