• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Surf Champ A relay (resized).jpg
0Surf-Champ-ipdb-image-12-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Surf Champ rollovers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hbpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

I'm trying to get blenderheads surf champ working. I know that the coils use ac voltage. By - side of the coil i mean the black wire side. By + side of the coil i mean the switched RED-WH wire. By reading i mean setting the meter to ac volts, attach one wire from the meter to the black wire and the other wire from the meter to the RED-WH wire. Also I mean one wire from the meter to the black wire and the other meter wire to the + side of an energized coil reads 29 volts. When i meter the black wire to the - side of an energized coil it reads 0 volts. When my brother purchased the machine a month ago, the "A" relay didn't work. I noticed that the coil on the "A" relay was not soldered by the factory. Then i saw that the coil in the "A" relay had the wrong #. I put a new coil with the proper # and still the "A" relay has never fired since we have owned it. It might be a bad new coil, but i doubt it. I'll do a few more test later when it's daytime.

#13 4 years ago

I cut the red wire off the "A" relay The"A" relay shows 1.3 ohms. The meter shows 0 ohms from the "A" relay red wire the the - side of the five rollover coils. With red wire cut off the "A" relay coil, I fired it with a jumper wire from the 24 volt fuse. If i try to fire the "A" relay coil with a jumper wire with both of its wires attached, it blows the 24 volt fuse.

#14 4 years ago

Even with the red wire disconnected from the "A" relay coil, the 5 rollover coils still work fine. everything works except the "A" relay coil when the red wire to that coil is connected or not.

#16 4 years ago

MarkG is the answer man. I found a jumper wire connecting the black wire linking the rollover switches to the black wire linking the coils located next to them. I cut the added jumper wire and cut the voltage in half to the rollover coils by adding the proper "A" relay coil to the circuit. Now the machine works as new! Machine to be in a public location soon near pch and main in hb, 92647. MarkG, Thank You.

3 months later
#17 4 years ago

The reason for all the problems was recently discovered. the plate that the coil pulls in became magnetic. it would hold even with the power off. it worked for a month after i changed the coil, but then malfunctioned. i put a piece of electrical tape on the plate and it no longer sticks. the machine is working great and was sold to Australia.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hbpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-rollover-no-scoring-sound-issue?tu=hbpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.