Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pocketscience
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-148.jpg
image-223.jpg
image-168.jpg
image-691.jpg
image-116.jpg
image.jpg
hieroglyphics-at-karnak-tem.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,

Just picked up my first EM - a GTB Surf Champ. It's not very happy currently and needs some love. First thing I need is to understand which relays are which as the vast majority of the factory labels are gone. Does anyone have an annotated photo, or something else to indicate the relays?

Cheers,

#2 4 years ago

At work now, but I can get some pics to you tonight. I believe most/all my labels are intact. Pm me your email if interested.

*my favorite game for a while now

Dave

#3 4 years ago

I will piggy back on this if you don't mind. I have the same issue since all my labels are in a pile in the cab.

#4 4 years ago

FWIW, there are other ways of determining which relays are which, using the schematic and the coils/switch configs.

On the schematic, the list of coils is given on the left side. This info includes the coil type (e.g., A-9735) along with the quantity and type of switches in the associated switch stack (e.g., "7A, 1B"). An 'A' type is normally open; 'B' is normally closed; 'C' is make/break.

The coil number is printed on the coil wrapper, but is also stamped into the cardboard or plastic on the lug baseplate. So each coil type can be positively identified. Then the number and type of switches can be matched.

In the case of more than one coil having the same coil type, and same number/type of switches, then they can be further distinguished via the schematic using the wire color to the coil lug.

So even without the labels, each coil can be ID'd.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

FWIW, there are other ways of determining which relays are which, using the schematic and the coils/switch configs.
On the schematic, the list of coils is given on the left side. This info includes the coil type (e.g., A-9735) along with the quantity and type of switches in the associated switch stack (e.g., "7A, 1B"). An 'A' type is normally open; 'B' is normally closed; 'C' is make/break.
The coil number is printed on the coil wrapper, but is also stamped into the cardboard or plastic on the lug baseplate. So each coil type can be positively identified. Then the number and type of switches can be matched.
In the case of more than one coil having the same coil type, and same number/type of switches, then they can be further distinguished via the schematic using the wire color to the coil lug.
So even without the labels, each coil can be ID'd.

I wish I could read a schematic but all I can see is this
I plan on taking a night class, hopefully soon, to read schematics and do board repair.

#6 4 years ago

I'm only talking about the table that's on the left side of the schematic. It's just words, no lines.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I wish I could read a schematic but all I can see is this
I plan on taking a night class, hopefully soon, to read schematics and do board repair.

Translated..

-get Falcon
-get big pot, have friend help, fill with water and boil
-head towards Space needle
-find Steer
-something something

#8 4 years ago

Here you go. Some overlapping.

image.jpg image-116.jpg image-691.jpg image-168.jpg image-223.jpg image-148.jpg
#9 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys - much appreciated! I'm going to have to make some of these up and put them in my cabinet I think.

#10 4 years ago

Hey, what's the amperage on that lightbox fuse? 15A?

#12 4 years ago

Start pressing them and see what happens

#13 4 years ago

You think I haven't?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside