(Topic ID: 107573)

Surf Champ Pinball cabinet artwork - help!

By PBJunkie

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by paintpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just purchased a Surf Champ pinball with a great playfield and backglass, but unfortunately some moron brush-painted the entire cabinet black. And they didn't bother to remove the legs or backglass, and apparently couldn't afford masking tape. The market for Darth Vader-themed surfing pinballs is very small, so I will need to repaint.

Would any pinsiders with this game in their collection be willing to take some hi-res, straight-on pictures of their side-art? Would need 5 good pictures - left/right cab, front cab, left/right backbox. I need to get some stencils made so I can restore this baby back to original.

#2 9 years ago

If it was only brushed on, that paint might come off well enough to salvage the original paint underneath. There have been several threads on removing paint. Just don't use Goof-Off. Xylene, rubbing alcohol, or Motsenbocker have all had some success, depending on what over-paint was used.

Avoid Acetone or anything that contains it (like the new Goof Off).

If nothing else, can probably get enough off to make stencils from the surviving original paint.

#3 9 years ago

I can get some pics to you tonight if you still need them then. PM me your email.

Dave

#8 9 years ago

I have painted two Surfers and can help you out, I may actually have some stencils around. Bit of advice, this is not one of the easier games to paint. You can check my other work at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preservation-Pinball-and-Paint/383113651705319?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Either way, good luck and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Kevin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-pinball-cabinet-artwork-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.