You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

004_(resized).JPG
003_(resized).JPG
chimes_-.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 8 years ago

Picked up a Surf Champ, chimes didn't seem to be working properly, always firing the middle one, and they needed a rebuild. Soni took a picture of the wiring, took it out, rebuilt it, and plugged it back together. Chimes sound better (although it only manages three hits on a 500?), but it was still only firing the middle one, even when I manually closed switches on the lmn relays. None of the wire colors on the chimes match what's on the relays, and there's five wires hanging free, but only three chimes and the common. Through trial and error I found a combination of four wires that works 'correctly' but don't know what to do with the fifth wire... Anyone have a picture of how their chimes are wired?

#2 8 years ago

I don't have this machine, however do have a schematic. You will see the wire colours on the attachment from the schematic.
The 'Black' wire links across all chime coils.
With your machine x2 wires to the right flipper (Black and Blue/Red), x 2 wires to the 'knocker' (Black and Slade/Green) and the four wires as shown for the chimes. I hope this helps.

chimes_-.pdfchimes_-.pdf

#3 8 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Surfer , it's the two player version of yours , here are some pictures of my chimer . Mine was seized and had to replace all the coils and plungers

003_(resized).JPG003_(resized).JPG
004_(resized).JPG004_(resized).JPG

#4 8 years ago

Thanks! Both those wirings match what I came up with after some deduction.

Quoted from oldpins:

With your machine x2 wires to the right flipper (Black and Blue/Red), x 2 wires to the 'knocker' (Black and Slade/Green) and the four wires as shown for the chimes.

I've got all those wires and a green wire that was hooked onto the thousands chime originally. I guess I'll just leave it off...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-late-gtb-chime-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.