Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RTS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Have a Gottlieb Surf Champ and the knocker fires when the game is in replay mode but not when in extra ball mode.
Is this normal and if so, is there a way to have the knocker fire when in extra ball mode?
Thanks.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Have a Gottlieb Surf Champ and the knocker fires when the game is in replay mode but not when in extra ball mode.
Is this normal and if so, is there a way to have the knocker fire when in extra ball mode?
Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by replay or extra ball mode, but the knocker is based off of the score. It won't fire when you are awarded an extra ball.

#3 2 years ago

I believe it’s normal. On my Surfer, when it is in extra ball mode it awards an extra ball when the Special is lit in the right out lane, as does the left out lane. In replay mode it will award a credit in the right out lane and the left out lane will still award an extra ball. So to answer your question, the knocker does not fire in extra ball mode. I believe that’s what you were asking. At least that’s how it functions on my Surfer.

#4 2 years ago

The Knocker coil on Surf Champ is wired in parallel with the Add Replay Unit solenoid. (See schematic at 12D) So it will only ever knock when you earn a replay and not when you earn an extra ball.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies and I figured that was normal operation which is a bummer.
Great game though.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The Knocker coil on Surf Champ is wired in parallel with the Add Replay Unit solenoid. (See schematic at 12D) So it will only ever knock when you earn a replay and not when you earn an extra ball.

any way to mod this so that the knocker fires anytime a ball is awarded?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

any way to mod this so that the knocker fires anytime a ball is awarded?

I think you would need to install a new relay to accomplish this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-knocker-replay-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.