(Topic ID: 32933)

Surf Champ for Solar City?

By Whitebuffalo

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've got a Surf Champ and somebody has offered me to trade for a Solar City. I was wondering what you guys felt about this game? I've played a Target Alpha and liked it. I am just looking for more opinions.

#2 11 years ago

I have SC and have played a little TA. TA is ok and has a lot of drop targets. No reset after you drop them all I think.

SC has 5 drops that reset after you get all 5 rollovers. Rollovers light double bonus award. Drops and 5 rollovers complete light extra ball and special. SC has spinner and hole that is lit based on number of rollovers completed. Great game.

#3 11 years ago

2 good looking games -hate to trade one for the other
hmmm... blow out a wall and add more room

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

2 good looking games -hate to trade one for the other
hmmm... blow out a wall and add more room

I know! Too bad the guy only wants to trade games.

#5 11 years ago

Is it the EM Solar City ? If so make the trade.

#6 11 years ago

Don't do the trade! You'll be sorry.

I had Target Alpha and got rid of it after less than 6 months. Shoot the targets and that is pretty much it. No plunger shot either. Extra ball and Special are luck shots with no direct way to shoot the ball from the flippers to get them. Targets down do not reset during current ball.

Surf Champ is a great game I would want as a keeper as I am currently keeping an eye out for one locally and it has a much better Ruleset than Solar City.

A trade for a single player El Dorado may be a different matter.

I do love the artwork on all of these titles.

Ken

#7 11 years ago

There's two shots you can make with the plunger on TA. One is just past the shooter lane for 3k lit lane, and the other is to feed it directly to the top left flipper to start shooting the upper targets. I really like mine. Surf Champ is great too though.

#8 11 years ago

Surfer/Surf Champ is way WAY better than any Target Alpha clone. In fact, I find the TA layout very overrated for the most part.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-for-solar-city and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.