Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Surfer-ipdb-picture-Work-01 (resized).jpg
WIN_20171021_20_08_26_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20171021_20_07_15_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20171021_20_07_09_Pro (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi all!

I am able to progress to and achieve a double bonus on my Surf Champ. No issues there. However, I find that I am not able to re-light the 5 star rollovers below the spinner -- which should happen after completing the drop target bank (from what I can see in the playfield).

I looked through the schematic, and as best as I can tell, the sequence bank should reset (thus lighting the roll overs), but it never does. To add to the confusion, from what I can tell by looking through things -- the double and triple bonus states should be maintained in the sequence bank itself. So I'm not really sure how the rollovers can be re-lit while maintaining the bonus state.

Initially I thought it might be related to relay G which contains a switch that ties into the sequence bank reset, but I didn't find anything wrong there. I'm probably just mis-reading the schematic, honestly.

Any suggestions on where I might look?

Thanks in advance.

Note: I was able to "manually" progress from double to triple bonus, by (1) manually resetting the sequence bank; (2) tripping the double bonus relay; (3) going through the normal 5 star rollover completion (lighting bonus increment); and (4) triggering one of the two switches that increment the bonus level when lit (thus incrementing to triple bonus).

#2 6 years ago

It's been a few years since I owned a Surfer.

Struggling to recall, but I was thinking that triple bonus is only possible on the last ball (which starts out with double bonus lit). Someone with the game should jump in here.

#3 6 years ago

Yep, only on the last ball. You can only advance bonus once per ball. After you complete the stars and drops the drops reset so you can complete them again but the stars stay off

#4 6 years ago

Thanks!

Do you know if this is only a 3 ball mode feature? This doesn't happen for me, but I have it set for 5 ball play. I recall seeing in the schematic some scoring differences when in 3 ball, not certain if this was one of them.

Also, does anyone know what the circled portion of the included image is referencing ("Lites Bottom Rollovers"? Is that the "extra ball" and "special" rollovers in the out lanes? Those never seem to light for me either.

WIN_20171021_20_07_09_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20171021_20_07_09_Pro (resized).jpg

WIN_20171021_20_07_15_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20171021_20_07_15_Pro (resized).jpg

WIN_20171021_20_08_26_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20171021_20_08_26_Pro (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

On the last ball, you should automatically get 2x bonus.

#6 6 years ago

Is that regardless of 3 or 5 ball settings?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Is that regardless of 3 or 5 ball settings?

Well, on five ball it's ball 5 (only). I assume on three ball it's ball 3, haven't tried it. I think there's a 'last ball' relay on one of the banks

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think there's a 'last ball' relay on one of the banks

Not on a bank, but there is a last ball interlock relay that might do what you suggest.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks. I’ll check that.

Does anyone happen to know the rules around the ‘extra ball’ and ‘special’ features?

#10 6 years ago

Hi joetechbob
I write the ruleset from my Surf Champ set to "5 balls per player / game". I write it in the succession You may check if Your pin is functioning complete.

In the first game I do NOT make all Drop-Down-Targets to drop (easyer to describe the functions). One of the lights "A B C D E" is lit --- the light may move to the left when the spinner (P) is actuated - when the pin steps after the loss of a ball - steps to next player / next ball. An unlit "ABCDE" gives 500 points and ONE Bonus, the lit one gives 500 points and TWO bonus.
In balls 1,2,3,4 - at the beginning of a ball: The "U" and the "V" are not lit --- when I play good I can make "double bonus - lighted U". When the pin gives the fifth ball: Automatically the "U double bonus)" is lit --- when I play good I can make "triple bonus - lighted V".
Still I do not make the Drop-Targets to drop --- at the beginning of every ball the "FGHIJ" are all lit - the "KLMNO" are all un-lit. When the ball lands in the Eject-Hole: A hundred points for every unlit "KLMNO" - a thousand points for every lit "KLMNO". When the ball rolls over (lets say) "F": The "F" changes from "lit" to "unlit" AND the "K" changes from un-lit to lit. Same with G-L, H-M, I-N, J-O.
AT THE MOMENT I make the last of the "FGHIJ": The green invitation lights "Q" and "R" are lit: HERE You can make DOUBLE Bonus (playing in ball 1,2,3,4 - the "U" lights up) - HERE You can make TRIPLE Bonus (playing ball 5 - "the light changes from "U to V"). The "Q" and the "R" always give 500 points and one bonus (lit or un-lit). Also at the moment I make the last of the "FGHIJ": The Spinner (P) is lit and changes from 10 points to 100 points.

I start the second game - this game I NEVER touch the "FGHIJ" - but I do make all Drop-Targets (12345) to drop - every hit Drop-Target gives 500 points and one bonus. When all Drop-Targets are down: They stay down --- until I loose the ball.

I start the third game - I first make the "FGHIJ" --- it does not matter if I make the bonus-multiplier --- then I make the targets to drop - at the time I let the last Drop-Target to drop: BINGO: I get 5000 Points AND all Drop-Targets RESET AND the "invitation-lite 'S' HERE You can make an Extraball" is lit - AND the "invitation-lite 'T' HERE You can make an Special-Replay" is lit. And I can make all drop-targets to drop - again 5000 points and the targets reset.

I start the fourth game - I first make ALL Drop-Targets to drop - they stay dropped - THEN I make the "FGHIJ" - BINGO: (Q and R are lighted and) I get 5000 Points AND all Drop-Targets RESET AND the "invitation-lite 'S' HERE You can make an Extraball" is lit - AND the "invitation-lite 'T' HERE You can make an Special-Replay" is lit. And I can make all drop-targets to drop - again 5000 points and the targets reset.

Whatever situation: The "rollover S and T" give 500 points plus one bonus. The INLANE rollover-wires next to the "S and T": Only give 500 points. Greetings Rolf

0Surfer-ipdb-picture-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Surfer-ipdb-picture-Work-01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-cant-progress-to-triple-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.