IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2066 (resized).JPG
IMG_2065 (resized).JPG
IMG_2063 (resized).JPG
IMG_2951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2952 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2061 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

Not really related, but reminded me of something we did to a coworker who was always a PIA and bragging about not needing an IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) or notes when putting stuff together after he had taken it apart for repairs.

While he went on a break, we added two screws to the box of parts he was using. He then spent the rest of the day taking the controller apart and back together again, trying to figure out where the two other screws went. We were laughing like crazy. Only after he got it together again toward the end of the day did we tell him we tossed those screws in. He wasn't too happy with us, especially the more he complained, the harder we laughed. however, after that, he quit talking about how he never needed notes or an IPB, so it was a win for us.

My point is, I don't ever recall seeing a small screw like that in a stepper unit, so I wonder if maybe the box you put the parts in had the screw laying in it, and you didn't notice it until after you had the stepper together. I'm not even sure that's a Gottlieb screw - I don't recall seeing black screws in Gottlieb EMs.

Good Luck with the repair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surf-champ-bonus-unit-leftovers?tu=Billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.