(Topic ID: 81264)

Sure wish there was a LED placement guide out there!!

By Tilt

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T3_Translite_LEDs.jpg
    LEDsComplete.jpg
    LEDs.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

It would be nice if there was a website that would have pics of peoples games with LED lights in them. Everyone has different opinions as to what looks good and where, so i really am not a fan of seeing kits for sale like what you see one bay, and other reputable dealers that are popular here. Please, this post is no offense to any of those people.

What i would love to see is a site with pics of games tht have LED'sin them. Soemthing that users could uload pics or submit them. Nothing that actually says what they used, although that would be even better. But mainly so people can see different ideas on how to go with there own machine.

Reason im saying this is that ive got a few machines that im working one, and would like to get ideas. Im shopping out my star wars EP1 and since some of the bulbs are a pain to get to, it would be nice to see what colors others have put in it. instead of trying things and assembling it all only not to like it.

Doing a search on here is just about useless, so a site that would have a main page with games titles, and then click on it and just se pics of different submitted pics

just a randon thought, but does anyone else think that this would be good?

#2 10 years ago

We have a cool tips page where you can gather some basic info and tips on what types of bulbs and colors to use by going to pinballbulbs.com/installs/insertinstall.html

We have a GI section on colors as well, http://pinballbulbs.com/installs/GIinstall.html

All our kits have pics too. Not any user submitted pics, but at least some pics of games. Big issue is certain colors come out terrible in pics so having a pics section on any site of LED jobs could be really tough. It could look fantastic, but with the wrong cell phone or camera it can bomb really bad

#3 10 years ago

Here's my T3 that I have with LEDs in it.

Three pictures: one for the LEDs themselves, one for the translite and one for the playfield.

LEDs.jpgLEDs.jpg

LEDsComplete.jpgLEDsComplete.jpg

T3_Translite_LEDs.jpgT3_Translite_LEDs.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Your wish in some ways wiil be coming soon....

#5 10 years ago

Its a nice idea. My only reservation is that there are so many color variations and styles (ex. clear, warm, bright, frosted, retro, blue flex, super) and so many manufacturers. With games having so many bulbs the combinations are endless. Ten people could do the same game in LEDs and have each one look a little different.

That, and games look way different in pictures than in real life.
    Otherwise it's not a bad idea.

#6 10 years ago

That T3 looks great!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

That, and games look way different in pictures than in real life.
    Otherwise it's not a bad idea.

100% with this. It's been really tough to photo pinks/purples. Even when just a few the camera captures a big haze of it frequently. Cool whites tend to overpower and wash things out in pics too, which is another commonly used bulb. If you can look past this though you can definitely get a good idea of what people used and where.

We started a gallery and users can submit stuff too, if accepted its $20 in credit to the store! - http://pinballbulbs.com/gallery

#8 10 years ago

Nice Job James!

Your Kits help so many people that need it!
    I hope you dont mind my referrals!

Art

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

It would be nice if there was a website that would have pics of peoples games with LED lights in them. Everyone has different opinions as to what looks good and where, so i really am not a fan of seeing kits for sale like what you see one bay, and other reputable dealers that are popular here. Please, this post is no offense to any of those people.
    What i would love to see is a site with pics of games tht have LED'sin them. Soemthing that users could uload pics or submit them. Nothing that actually says what they used, although that would be even better. But mainly so people can see different ideas on how to go with there own machine.
    Reason im saying this is that ive got a few machines that im working one, and would like to get ideas. Im shopping out my Star Wars EP1 and since some of the bulbs are a pain to get to, it would be nice to see what colors others have put in it. instead of trying things and assembling it all only not to like it.
    Doing a search on here is just about useless, so a site that would have a main page with games titles, and then click on it and just se pics of different submitted pics
    just a randon thought, but does anyone else think that this would be good?

Spell check and review before posting for the win!

#10 10 years ago

Could use one for road show

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-wish-there-was-a-led-placement-guide-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.