SureShotPlayfield_(resized).jpg
0629161609a_(resized).jpg
0629161609_(resized).jpg
0629161609b_(resized).jpg
0629161609c_(resized).jpg
0629161813a_(resized).jpg
0629161813_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, so I'm starting to tear down the pf on this game in preparation for cleaning , and I noticed after removing the plastics that at least 6 of the white posts are uniquely different.The placement of them is uniform. There are a few of the usual broken posts that is apparently common with this title. Did Gottlieb use more than one type of post? Or only the type that we're all familiar with?
-Chris

0629161813_(resized).jpg0629161813_(resized).jpg

0629161813a_(resized).jpg0629161813a_(resized).jpg

0629161609c_(resized).jpg0629161609c_(resized).jpg

0629161609b_(resized).jpg0629161609b_(resized).jpg

0629161609_(resized).jpg0629161609_(resized).jpg

0629161609a_(resized).jpg0629161609a_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

They should be faceted. In this era there was a quailty issue where the posts would often split. Someone just replaced them with posts from a 50's or 60's game.

#3 7 years ago

Good to know Mike.

#4 7 years ago

Yup, they all should be the white faceted posts. It does look like somebody must have replaced some broken posts with some other type of posts from a parts machine.

#5 7 years ago

gottlieb had a bad batch of post around the time of sure shot. they were very brittle and broke easy. i had 2 sure shots over the years and the post on both were shot(pun intended) and talking to others that had the same issue.
i would replace them all if they only replaced the ones that were odd and not the correct style.

#6 7 years ago

Can anyone chime in as to where the taller posts, if any, are located on Sure Shot? I counted four when I tore down my game, but they seemed to be in random places...

#7 7 years ago

Those smooth posts look like 60s Bally posts.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

as to where the taller posts, if any, are located on Sure Shot

Should all be the same, no?

#9 7 years ago

Are the smooth old-time posts available? I didn't see them on the PBR website.

#10 7 years ago

I recall the 3 taller posts were used under the playfield supporting the ball rack light. The posts I found there were blue or green, so perhaps Gottlieb didn't care about unseen posts and just used up uncommon inventory???

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Are the smooth old-time posts available? I didn't see them on the PBR website.

Some of us have a stock/stash of these old style posts, if you need a couple hit me up and I'll see if I have the colors you need.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Should all be the same, no?

Could be...was just wondering out loud.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Some of us have a stock/stash of these old style posts, if you need a couple hit me up and I'll see if I have the colors you need.

Thanks for the offer! I think all of the posts on my Williams Spitfire are good -- just need a cleaning.

#14 7 years ago

Mine all appear to be original (again mine was barely used, only having roughly 67000 plays total) So as mentioned yours probably got knocked around and they broke and were replaced.

SureShotPlayfield_(resized).jpgSureShotPlayfield_(resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

Mine all appear to be original (again mine was barely used, only having roughly 67000 plays total) .

67000 play is a above average, i would consider that barely used.
i had one that had 41000 and 75% of the posts were broken or cracked

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

67000 play is a above average, i would consider that barely used.
i had one that had 41000 and 75% of the posts were broken or cracked

That many were cracked after 41000?! How did you use yours? Mine was sitting in a cottage for 40 years, and judging by the dust and amount of build up, I'm starting to think it hadn't been used since the 90s!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-shot-white-postsis-this-normal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.