Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Was starting up and resetting fine before I replaced a reset coil on the Bonus Unit. After I soldered the wires to the coil and tried to play a game, the score reels reset fine and playfield and backbox light up but just before the ball kicks to the shooter lane it goes dark and the Tilt light comes on as well as the gGame Over light.

For reference, if the ball is not in the outhole the game resets and lights up and stops there with no tilt. The Tilt Bob is not touching.

Since it was starting up fine before I put the new coil in, I must have messed something up but not sure where to start looking. The wires I soldered to the new coil are in correctly and I have the schematic.

Thanks for any help.
Danny

#2 1 year ago

The tilt bob is not the only tilt mechanism in the game. There are also slam switches on the score motor board and likely on the coin door that can tilt the machine. Have you checked those?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from essmeier:

The tilt bob is not the only tilt mechanism in the game. There are also slam switches on the score motor board and likely on the coin door that can tilt the machine. Have you checked those?

Thanks but It’s not them. The one on the coin door is closed and the one on the bottom board is closed like they should be. If they weren’t, you would not get anything when hitting the start button. The score reels reset fine on startup and everything lights up.

The slam switch under the playfield is widely gapped like it should be.

If it was the slam switch under the playfield it would tilt without the ball in the outhole which it does not. It only tilts when the ball is in the outhole.

#4 1 year ago

Some coils are supplied with diodes across the connections. If yours has a diode, remove it.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Some coils are supplied with diodes across the connections. If yours has a diode, remove it.

Thanks Howard. It does have the diode. I wondered about that when I installed it but figured since it came from PBR, it was an upgrade from the original. Heading down to remove it and I’ll report back.

#6 1 year ago

Howard, that was it. Removed the diode and no more tilting. Thanks a bunch. Now if I can get this Bonus Unit to start stepping up mechanically correctly I’ll be set.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Tools
JuanSolo's modshop
Tools
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-shot-tilting-on-startup- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.