0Sure-Shot-Work-01 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20190630_171803 (resized).jpg
20190630_171658 (resized).jpg
20190630_171649 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
20190619_124612 (resized).jpg
20190619_124619 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007
I am not familiar with ONE-Player pins. To Your post-6: See the JPG - we toggle-on the pin - the Tilt-Light is lit because the H-Relay is not yet pulling (all good), the Game-Over-Light is lit because the R-Relay is not yet pulling (all good). From the lights on the Ball-Count-Unit we see: The Ball-Count-Unit has an ZERO-Position - this ZERO-Position shall be reached - then one step shall be done to Position-1 is "Ball-1" is in play. - Interesting I see a "Position-6 is "Game-Over-Position for an 5-Ball-Game".
See on the lower part of the JPG - starting a new game does actuate the Replay-Counter-Step-Down AND the "Reset Ball-Count-Unit". Toggle-off Your pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - manually step Your Ball-Count-Unit to somewhere in a middle position - also manually put some points on the Score-Drums. Then plug-in, toggle-on, start a game - when the Replay-Counter is stepped down by one - DOES the Ball-Count-Unit RESET ? I guess the Score-Drums do reset - then: Is the Ball kicked-over to the shooter alley ? - If not (but the motor was nice and friendly, did stop): "work" the ball (kick it over) under the apron over to the shooter alley - DOES the Ball-Count-Unit step-up ? See here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2457&picno=29009&zoom=1 - on the way from the Outhole to the shooter alley the ball closes a switch (see switch in the upper right corner of the picture) - the TROUGH-Switch - closing this switch makes the Ball-Count-Unit to step up - in our test step-up from Position-Zero to Position-1 is position to play the first ball. Greetings Rolf

0Sure-Shot-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Sure-Shot-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007
the Ball Count Unit out of adjustment ? I have taken Your picture (post-10) and show it here together with the schematics (lights) --- I can identify for sure Position-2 and Position-4. I believe to see (encircled blue) a way to adjust the unit.
On the round bakelite plate I count six rivets --- the schematics has positions "one" through "six" so the "Position-Zero" is a step before Position-1. Have the Unit fully resetted - can You adjust / turn a bit the somewhat rectangular looking bakelite plate by just loosening the three screws ? Greetings Rolf

0Sure-Shot-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Sure-Shot-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#13 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007
see the JPG - along "green lines" the O-Ball-Return-Relay should pull-in (as encircled green switch is thrown) - the O-Relay then establishes "Self-Hold-Current" by closing "encircled blue" switch --- the pulling O-Relay makes the motor to run and "encircled orange, orange wiring" the Outhole-Kicker (named Ball Return) should kick the ball over to the Shooter Lane.

Wear rubber gloves or use an wooden stick (electricity can kill people) - start a new game - when it comes to the fault: Lift the playfield - (wear rubber gloves or use an wooden stick) - press the armature on O-Relay and let go - DOES the O-Relay stays pulling for a while ? does the motor run ? - does the Ball-Return-Coil fire ?
IF (if, if) The O-Relay does not stay pulling after You have "pressed, let go" the armature on O-Relay: There is a problem in the wiring - most likely in "my encircled red" switches. Greetings Rolf

0Sure-Shot-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Sure-Shot-Work-03 (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007
see the JPG in post-13 - on the right, You have manipulated /pressed the armature on O-Relay --- the O-Relay stayed pulling (did it - does it ?) for a while and the pin kicked the ball over to the shooter alley --- because the O-Relay did stay pulling we can clue "the marked green wiring (specially the switches in the wiring) is good" --- but in the JPG on the right, upwards comes a switch "Zero Pos. Ball Count Unit" with wire-SL+RED-slate-mingled-with-red, wire-red-yellow. This wiring upwards goes to flipperbats etc. Look on Your Ball-Count-Unit for this switch (most likely a two-bladed leaf-switch operated by a rod mounted on the gear) - switch open or closed ? Greetings Rolf

#18 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007 +
I show the JPG from post-13 again - enriched --- see "marked green" wiring: In a running pin here Initial-Current flows - the O-Relay pulls-in, actuates all its switches - so "encircled blue" switch on the relay closes - establishes Self-Hold-Current along "marked blue" wiring.
I asked You to (manually) press the armature on O-Relay and let go - does the O-Relay stays pulling on its own for a while --- if "YES": We can clue "wiring marked blue" is good, working" - for to chase on the original problem (see the JPG) - on the right, upwards "marked brown", connection to flipperbats etc. --- the next stuff to look at is (encircled brown) Switch-Zero-Pos-Ball-Count-Unit" - then (encircled brown) Switch-on-H-Relay.

in post-16 You write +/- "maybe mechanical problems not proper stepping (?) --- see the JPG, "my grey stuff" --- we toggle-off the pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - clip-on a Jumper-Wire at the stepper-coil, side wire-blue is soldered-on. take the other end of the Jumper-Wire near the 15Amp-24VAC-Fuse and lay the end of the Jumper-Wire near the fuse, lay on wood - the bare end of the Jumper-Wire shall not touch metal. We then plug-in, toggle-on, hold the Jumper-Wire on its insulation - tip-on the bare end of the Jumper-Wire onto fuse SIDE-WIRE-RED-YELLOW* is soldered-on and immediately pull-off - does the stepper fire - step ?

SIDE-WIRE-RED-YELLOW*: Doing so we do have the FUSE in our circuitry - safety reasons.
Greetings Rolf

0Sure-Shot-Work-04 (resized).jpg0Sure-Shot-Work-04 (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago

Hi Jeffcox007
You did a great find - the so called trough switch - in the schematics of Sure Shot at "F-11" --- it triggers the "Add Ball Count Unit".
"Spring on Ball Count Unit" --- shown in the last picture in Your post-19 --- I hope another pinsider chimes in and writes about "buying at pbr - http://www.pbresource.com/ " - I live in Europe, have never bought from pbr --- I mostly use parts from parted out machines or do buy stuff in a local hardware store. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-shot-problem?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.