0Sure-Shot-Work-01 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20190630_171803 (resized).jpg
20190630_171658 (resized).jpg
20190630_171649 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
20190619_124612 (resized).jpg
20190619_124619 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffcox007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a sure shot pinball machine the game lights up and the credits work but the game wont play. I noticed that the ball count is not working and the flippers aren't either which is because the ball count isn't working i think. I do not have a meter right not but i will get one today they always end up walking away but from what i can tell it seems like the ball count unit is not getting any power. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

20190619_124612 (resized).jpg20190619_124612 (resized).jpg20190619_124619 (resized).jpg20190619_124619 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3 4 years ago

Im having a little trouble understandin what you posted about motor 4c and 2b. But i turned on the machine today it said gameover and it was blinking it also said tilt on the backglass. Then i pushed the credit button and the motor spun around and stopped the back board did not have game over or tilt anymore. Once i hit the credit button in the backboard the AX coil just kept clicking and the motor at the bottom of the playfield kept spinning. After a few minutes about 2 it just stopped but nothing else happened. No power to the flippers and the ball never kicked out and the back glass never had any ball count.

20190630_171649 (resized).jpg20190630_171649 (resized).jpg20190630_171658 (resized).jpg20190630_171658 (resized).jpg20190630_171803 (resized).jpg20190630_171803 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Also when the AX and the motor keeps turning the O coil (ball return relay) kepts clicking at the same time

#6 4 years ago

I am having a little trouble understanding what you posted about motor 4c and 2b. But i turned on the machine today it said gameover and it was blinking it also said tilt on the backglass. Then i pushed the credit button on the front of the cabinet and the motor spun around and stopped the back board did not have game over or tilt anymore. Nothing happened so i turned the machine off again and restarted it. Once i hit the credit button on the front cabinet the AX coil which is located in the back board just kept clicking and the motor at the bottom of the playfield kept spinning. I also noticed that the coil under the playfield which is coil O (ball return relay kept clicking at the same time.After a few minutes about 2 it just stopped but nothing else happened. No power to the flippers and the ball never kicked out and the back glass never had any ball count

3 months later
#8 4 years ago

I really need help I tracked my problem to the ball count credit wheel. If I turn it myself it will shoot the ball out and everything works but it won’t move to the next ball still. So I think something is wrong which the ball count I have no experience with that at all.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Okay so I did what you said I turned the machine off and put points on the score wheel and I moved the ball count stepper unit to the middle. I turned on the machine and it reset the score wheel the ball shot out all motors stopped spinning. But the flippers did not work and everything on the play field didn’t work but everything was lit up. After that I looked up at the ball count stepper unit and it seems to be way out of adjustment I’ll attach a picture. But before I could move the steeper unit by hand to ball one and everything worked perfectly but it never went to ball 2 I just kept playing on ball one but I had to do that manually.

FCAF3F68-503F-4D6F-BBAF-493E30FCDE3C (resized).jpegFCAF3F68-503F-4D6F-BBAF-493E30FCDE3C (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago

Okay I got that fixed it was a lot easier that what I thought. But now the game won’t play. Everything lights up the backboard shows ball one but the ball doesn’t shoot out and the flippers do not work.

#14 4 years ago

Okay I had the machine on and I pushed the O switch in and the ball shot out and the motor stopped. Nothing works all it is doing is shooting the ball out and it just stays on ball one. Flippers do not work and any points on the playing field do not work

#16 4 years ago

I am having trouble of what you were talking about so I was inspecting the ball count unit on the back board I would that the springs on it look worn out and very lose it is not pulling that gear to spin the other gear which moves the ball count to the next number could this be the problem (the spring)

#19 4 years ago

I think I found out my problem when the ball gets kicked out into the shooter land it rolls over this thing do not know the name I will send a picture and that thing makes the ball count move. I touched it and my ball count was not moving the spring was not strong enough to pull it down to catch the gear to move it. So I pushed it down with my finger to make sure the gear will move and it went to ball 2 and everything works (flippers and points on the play field) now where can I get a new spring for the ball count unit?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

Okay thank you so much for the help I’ll get back with you hopefully in a few days to find out if this works!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffcox007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-shot-problem?tu=jeffcox007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.