Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sure Shot Add Bonus (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
6C64139B-0DE9-43DC-A771-0A03036F2A62 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Hit a bit of a snag on this last bit of the repair. Schematic wiring and unit wiring appear to be different.

Any Sure Shot owners out there that can post a pic of their bonus unit step up and reset coil wiring.

Here’s what mines looking like.

Thanks

6C64139B-0DE9-43DC-A771-0A03036F2A62 (resized).jpeg6C64139B-0DE9-43DC-A771-0A03036F2A62 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

The Sure Shot schematic shows the Add Bonus Unit solenoid having a Black wire on one terminal and a Green&Red wire on the other terminal. That's what your picture looks like.

#3 4 years ago

I just don’t know about the second black wire, it’s not listed anywhere on the schematic, could it be that it should be one black wire per terminal? I just don’t understand where this second black wire came from as it’s not listed in any documentation

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

I just don’t understand where this second black wire came from as it’s not listed in any documentation

The black wire is common to all of the relay coils and solenoids:
Sure Shot Add Bonus (resized).jpgSure Shot Add Bonus (resized).jpg
Typically relay coils and solenoids are wired together daisy chain style so many (most?) will have two black wires soldered together on one terminal. The colored wire on the other terminal usually leads to the control circuit that fires the coil or solenoid. Think of the common terminal as having an inbound black wire and an outbound black wire. I bet if you look around you'll find other relay coils and solenoids with two black wires.

/Mark

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The black wire is common to all of the relay coils and solenoids:
[quoted image]
Typically relay coils and solenoids are wired together daisy chain style so many (most?) will have two black wires soldered together on one terminal. The colored wire on the other terminal usually leads to the control circuit that fires the coil or solenoid. Think of the common terminal as having an inbound black wire and an outbound black wire. I bet if you look around you'll find other relay coils and solenoids with two black wires.
/Mark

I didn't know that main wire was black, that answers the question. Only about 1000 more to go, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sure-shot-bonus-unit-wires and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.