(Topic ID: 219716)

PRICE INCREASE - Supreme Court Passes online sales tax

By ovfdfireman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

o (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    stacks-image-2b73051 (resized).jpg
    LOST2018 (resized).png
    2d2j78 (resized).jpg
    OhGod12.jpeg (resized).jpg
    IMG_1530 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    NeroDen (resized).jpg
    caspersan (resized).jpg
    sunset (resized).jpg
    2d27oc (resized).jpg
    RQPa2zE~2 (resized).jpg
    817898738 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.20.25 PM (resized).png
    Solid_Gold_Crapper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #349 Thread warning. Stay off taxation politics. Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #363 State by state sales tax rates. Posted by o-din (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 5 years ago

Ill stick my neck out. Scrap Federal Income tax and state sales tax.
    Consumption (VAT) everything at 15% other than food, clothing, shelter.
    7.5% each to Govt and state. National.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Let us know how that goes. Steve Forbes proposed that when running for the big job and he didn't get very far except to land a teevee show for a few years.

With the day to day changes in DC, who knows.......

#90 5 years ago

In Florida, I pay property taxes under $1500 a year....

#152 5 years ago

When I was working, I paid more in taxes and insurance, than I paid myself, or needed for my family.
    Now that I am retired from the 60-110 hour week, I am now a "taker" from the standpoint of rhetoric
    because Im disabled.
    I didnt ask for it, I feel both grateful, and embarrassed, but its keeping me alive.
    Its a hard position to see both sides, but I do make a pain in the ass about it when chatting in person.

Not Tastes Great or Less Filling, but both.

Become a Business that buys and sells Pinball Machines, and get a resale certificate.
    Keep records, run it like the President, and be "smart" with taxes.
    Write off your Pin Trips, and hobby, but have sales, profit, and expenses.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres nothing to be embarrassed about Oldpinguy. You worked hard and paid your own way through life when you were able bodied and now you unfortunately have health problems. There is no shame in that at all so keep your chin up. You have earned everything that you have got.

Thank you....I have had more than my share of "taker" insults....its a fine line out there, as even the government wouldnt help under
    disability, but did so under AHC.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf is going on there? Seems like its two classes of people, the wealthy and the homeless.

Wealth Disparity, by the numbers on any "side", still show the same....imo.

With Sales Tax, look who this affects the most, as a percentage of income.

Agree with you Ice, concerned about the meetings to go off the US Petrol Dollar, as a Reply in a Trade War response.

#196 5 years ago

Sounds Funny!

Heres an Old Ad I just received for some cheap Booze! Tax the Can opener!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #199 5 years ago

Sorry...1 More! Solves problems for everyone!

Quoted from o-din:

That's what we pay for the convenience of being able to walk into a store and buy weed, instead of hustling it in the back alley of some ghetto.

Just funny, as its not here, yet.....

#201 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Especially in CA!

Time for a Tea Party?

How are the Taxes in Hong Kong? Sales tax? etc?

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My neighborhood's starting to look like Hong Kong.

Oh, that hurt.....gotta clean the screen now!

#212 5 years ago

Assimilation worked! It takes time....

The Irish, brought some good food and Beer.
    The Jews gave us Chicken soup and delis,
    The Mexicans gave us Taco Bell
    The Italians brought us the Olive Garden...

All in jest guys.....

But That sign........

#228 5 years ago

Well this will fix it!

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why I stay in So Cal-
    Where else can I get paid $15 an hour to sit around this smog shop three days a week trying to keep you guys entertained?

#249 5 years ago

When Im out of town and I say I live in Orlando, its assumed I live in Disney!
    Well today, one can......

We have a Little Vietnam of around 45 businesses.

#331 5 years ago

Retirement is soooo Awful!

Speaking of Taxes, who does this look like? Who says History doesnt repeat!

NeroDen (resized).jpgNeroDen (resized).jpgcaspersan (resized).jpgcaspersan (resized).jpgsunset (resized).jpgsunset (resized).jpg
    #334 5 years ago

Good Guess! Different Nose!

#358 5 years ago

"Chicago once waged a 40-year war on pinball"

a story we know much off.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2018/05/05/chicago-once-waged-a-40-year-war-on-pinball

The Rhetoric that followed from Horse Gambling, and gambling in General made Pinball a Sin.

So would sales tax on a NIB be a Sin Tax?

1 week later
    #395 5 years ago

In doing Financial and Business "consulting" these days, Personal Finance first rules, are the comfort and experience of the Individual or Company.
    In Personal matters, a professional, (Not me), can suggest all kinds of strategies. (ie I paid of my conventional, and went with a .5% below Prime, Interest only Equity Line), to bi-monthly payments, to mortgage to the absolute max!
    All are about personal goals, cash flow, and desire to learn and perhaps change methods of money management.
    All work, and in hindsight, all provide different results. Most often, huge differences in monthly costs, personal wealth, and estate planning need to be considered.
    For me, the equity line, served as a line of credit for everything, still tax deductible, 1/2 the monthly payment, and liquidity
    to collect 7 properties, all which have appreciated even years ago, for me to realize retirement.
    I can certainly respect any other view, as there is no right or wrong....just money.

In business, the "Sales Tax" issue was a big debate for online business that I was involved in since 2000.
    Today, that is all changing. Large Ticket items will have the biggest impact of course.
    Id expect promotions to offset that, I hope in Pinball, and still "work arounds" that will occur, notably resale certs increasing dramatically, as there is minimal funding to police this.
    The sales Tax changes wont hurt the wealthy, they will hurt the poor a bit, in general they purchase less high ticket items,
    and as expected, the middle class will bear the burden.

Add this to wherever this Trade war takes us, and I only hope for the best, or at least, business as usual.

#403 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think they are definitely pricing alot of people out, me included. If prices keep going up i truly think it is going to come back and bite them in the ass. Im glad my collection is almost complete.

Im keeping busy with System 11 games...Fire, ES, BOP, Blackwater, Diner....many Ive never played....Nice that they all are around 2K an under. Safe Games, Just as much fun to restore and play.

Any NIB, is going to have to wait for Perfection....

#408 5 years ago

I would expect after midterms which means next year to begin, but it may take a while with delays to implement.

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I apologize if I offended you which it appears like I did. Do whatever you want. First time I've ever been called an infomercial, lol, I grew up on a farm in a town of 300 and spent my summers detasseling and weeding soybeans, the farthest thing from city life imaginable. I know what it's like to not have any money, we lived in a rental house till I was 13.

I appreciated your wisdom and agree!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/supreme-court-passes-online-sales-tax-?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.