(Topic ID: 219716)

PRICE INCREASE - Supreme Court Passes online sales tax

By ovfdfireman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

o (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    stacks-image-2b73051 (resized).jpg
    LOST2018 (resized).png
    2d2j78 (resized).jpg
    OhGod12.jpeg (resized).jpg
    IMG_1530 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    NeroDen (resized).jpg
    caspersan (resized).jpg
    sunset (resized).jpg
    2d27oc (resized).jpg
    RQPa2zE~2 (resized).jpg
    817898738 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.20.25 PM (resized).png
    Solid_Gold_Crapper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #349 Thread warning. Stay off taxation politics. Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #363 State by state sales tax rates. Posted by o-din (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Bezos owns the Post sooooo the "beef" would appear to be in reverse

I read on twitter that this is a "great victory for consumers and retailers."

It's even being reported in the Post!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, Iron Maiden is $7300 shipped. I'm 100% out at that price. Cool game, I've only played the Pro and I want to try the "full featured" one for sure, but I ain't buying no matter how nice it is. You gotta draw a line somewhere, and I'm done at these prices for a game, any game.

As usual the pro is better unless you are a big fan of ball hang ups and stuff you don't need.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont know about you okayestpinballer but this little guy here goes to work every day and busts his ass for his thousand dollar toys and i don't feel guilty one bit about the things that i have. Ive worked my ass off my entire life since i was 15 years old and never had a break yet.

So you don't agree this is a "huge victory for consumers?"

#156 5 years ago

I love how everybody is a “taker” and “bottom feeder” until you actually hear their stories and stop looking at them like scapegoats.

It’s possible here might be more people
    Like oldpinguy out there.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Only problem is in high school, the foreign language I studied was German.

Just follow the smell bro. You'll find something tasty.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You'll notice that sign is in Toronto - the 416 area code is a big clue. We are the most multicultural city in the world and that mix of ethnic foods is everywhere. I do consider myself lucky.

WHY WON'T THEY ASSIMILATE?!

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I think you are a little confused on what the word literally means. Or you are posting from the grave.

LMAO

#260 5 years ago

I’m starting to get the idea some of you guys don’t like taxes!

#276 5 years ago

I gotta ask, since this hasn't been about pinball for about a week, maybe it's finally time to take this thread out back and shoot it?

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't think it ever was about pinball. lol.

The first 2 or 3 posts were!

But for now I think I'd like to tell you all about exactly why I don't like taxes and how much the government sucks! And why it's all the fault of the people I didn't vote for.

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its because the government has borrowed from it and cant pay it back. That money originally was supposed to have never been used for anything other than social security benefits, now here we are in real danger of ss going belly up!

Been hearing that bullshit for THIRTY YEARS.

Just scare tactics to hand over Social Security to Wall Street on a privatization scheme. The way it's going, the American public will soon be dumb enough to finally fall for the scam, and then we can all eat dog food when we get old.

Also, pinball.

#302 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah you just keep living under a rock and thinking that. Everything is just great isnt it? The only good thing is that it may not affect you Levi but who gives a shit about future generations right?

Future bottom-feeders, am I right?!

Look, I think you read me wrong. Im all for protecting and saving social security. It’s not that tough to do.

I’m not for scrapping it and replacing it with some scam rich people come up with to screw us all and take the money for themselves. Not good for the future generations. And every pitch that starts with “social security is about to go tits up!!!!!” always Ends with an informercial for said scam. Every single time.

Also Pinball

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Some people struggle with math, i get it, but 2+2 has to equal 4 at some point, which means "entitlement reform" is coming over the next decade.
    We have a system whereby more and more people are retiring and living longer with less younger people paying into the system. No need to scrap it, just adjust it or it won't be there for future generations.
    Raise the full retirement age to 68 and lower mandatory rmd's to the same age. And mix in a bit of means testing and you can kick the can down the road for a few more decades.

Also, raise taxes on the rich.

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New Governor of NJ wants to be the California of the east coast.

Well at least maybe he won't shut the beach down while his own fat ass lounges on the sand, or cause 4-hour traffic jams to settle petty beefs, or raise gas prices 20 cents a gallon, or use the state helicopter to go to little league games and Springsteen concerts and....

Bring on the memes!

And pinball.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting how a post that started out talking about new sales tax rules has morphed into a general discussion on taxes in general.

It's not really THAT interesting. A discussion on flipper rubber would become political if the mods would allow it.

Speaking of which...how is this thread still going?

#314 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

That's the thing. The biggest corporations in the US do not pay taxes here.

No shit, we all know that. The rich don't pay taxes either but continue to bitch about it.

And, they've got the middle class convinced that this is all good as someday the rich and corporations paying no taxes will help make all of us peasants rich. Also they've got us convinced that the other reason we aren't all rich (besides the rich paying too many taxes) is because poor people get food stamps so they aren't dying in the streets of hunger.

It sucks but what are you gonna do about it? Fuck it, let's go play some pinball.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Let's bitch about 4% GDP growth, never above 2% in the previous 8 yrs, lowest unemployment rate in 40 yrs, including minorities. Not enough workers for the jobs available.
    The middle class have woken up. Just not in New York and California
    And look at the state they are in.....no thanks

Look at Ice's suggestions to fix Social Security - raise the retirement age to 74 when raising taxes on the rich would accomplish the job. This is the mentality. The rich have won. Economic inequality will continue to grow, your grandmother will spend her golden years working at Wal-Mart and eating dog food. We are all fucked. Except rich people they are gonna be fine. They are richer than EVER before - by a huge margin, it's not even close - and still bitch about paying taxes.

Hey at least I have no kids and a shitload of pinball machines. I'll make a fun time of it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/supreme-court-passes-online-sales-tax-?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.