(Topic ID: 219716)

PRICE INCREASE - Supreme Court Passes online sales tax

By ovfdfireman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

o (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    stacks-image-2b73051 (resized).jpg
    LOST2018 (resized).png
    2d2j78 (resized).jpg
    OhGod12.jpeg (resized).jpg
    IMG_1530 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    NeroDen (resized).jpg
    caspersan (resized).jpg
    sunset (resized).jpg
    2d27oc (resized).jpg
    RQPa2zE~2 (resized).jpg
    817898738 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.20.25 PM (resized).png
    Solid_Gold_Crapper (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Especially in CA!

Time for a Tea Party?

How are the Taxes in Hong Kong? Sales tax? etc?

#202 5 years ago

Sort of on topic. Canada--the entire country---is/ or has
    legalized Mary Jane. The tax possibilities were just too rich to continue to ignore.

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How are the Taxes in Hong Kong? Sales tax? etc?

My neighborhood's starting to look like Hong Kong.

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My neighborhood's starting to look like Hong Kong.

Oh, that hurt.....gotta clean the screen now!

#205 5 years ago

No comprende, it's a riddle.

201252-stripmall-pizza-sign (resized).jpg201252-stripmall-pizza-sign (resized).jpg
    #206 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No comprende, it's a riddle.

Doing their best to assimilate.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Doing their best to assimilate.

They aint assimilating me!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #208 5 years ago

I'd assimilate some Naan & Kebob right aboot now.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They aint assimilating me!

You've grown shockingly pale -- bumped up the SPF there o-din?

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That's crazy!

Well you know two of my kids and folks were in the Bay Area for the Warriors game.

They did some tour bus to see the area and were shocked by the "homeless camps and mini cities". Wtf is going on there? Seems like its two classes of people, the wealthy and the homeless.

Due to lack of housing and cost of living it seems the middle class is fleeing some areas of Cali out of necessity?

Looks like you are in the beautiful wine region!

California is home to 1/4 of the U.S. homeless population and quickly rising. I believe it is because of our year-round warm climate, laws, and generosity/attitude towards them. It jumped 14% last year and there seems no end in sight. This is why some municipalities are considering the Seattle "Head Tax" on corporations to fund solutions because nobody knows how to handle the situation. (Yes, more taxes)

http://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2018/mar/27/travis-allen/has-californias-homeless-population-skyrocketed-an/

I wish I was in the beautiful wine region. I grew up and live in Central Valley of California. We are the "whine" region because of how hot we are compared to the coastal part. I'm 2 hours from the coast.

We are by far the most affordable part of California because of this. We are dry and hot during the summer. We are also mainly agriculture based economically. We rely on irrigation for farming so there is lots of political strife between farmers and environmentalists. One of the big reasons why you see the petitioning of California into 3 states.

#211 5 years ago

To all the MIAS that grew up in Garden Grove and are finally on their way back, welcome home!

vietnam_500x279 (resized).jpgvietnam_500x279 (resized).jpg
    #212 5 years ago

Assimilation worked! It takes time....

The Irish, brought some good food and Beer.
    The Jews gave us Chicken soup and delis,
    The Mexicans gave us Taco Bell
    The Italians brought us the Olive Garden...

All in jest guys.....

But That sign........

#213 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When I was working, I paid more in taxes and insurance, than I paid myself, or needed for my family.
    Now that I am retired from the 60-110 hour week, I am now a "taker" from the standpoint of rhetoric
    because Im disabled.
    I didnt ask for it, I feel both grateful, and embarrassed, but its keeping me alive.
    Its a hard position to see both sides, but I do make a pain in the ass about it when chatting in person.
    Not Tastes Great or Less Filling, but both.
    Become a Business that buys and sells Pinball Machines, and get a resale certificate.
    Keep records, run it like the President, and be "smart" with taxes.
    Write off your Pin Trips, and hobby, but have sales, profit, and expenses.

More than happy to pay taxes if it helps out others like yourself. Sure, I will whine about the gross spending, but your story reminds us all what we are paying for. Glad you're still here man. Thank you for the ultimate reminder.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Make that three! We got the wealthy, the homeless, and the I don't give a shits.

melania-jacket-dont-care-do-you (resized).jpgmelania-jacket-dont-care-do-you (resized).jpg
    #215 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ebay has a petition against the tax.
    Let Trump and Congress know what you think:
    https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/petition/internet-sales-tax-buyers

Ebay? They still in business?

#216 5 years ago

That is the greatest sign in the world!

You got Kbobs & Halal Pizza so that's usually Middle Eastern

You got French pastries.

You got Japanese and Korean food.

You got Caribbean food.

All in one location = You are one hell of a lucky SOB !

8133256d22e46616a9b908b57e0abc5d935f1fe1 (resized).jpg8133256d22e46616a9b908b57e0abc5d935f1fe1 (resized).jpg
    #217 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Ebay? They still in business?

Not if the tax happens.....

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Only problem is in high school, the foreign language I studied was German.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You got French pastries.
    You got Caribbean food.

You left off "Hollywood Video Center," who knows what depravity goes on in there ...

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Only problem is in high school, the foreign language I studied was German.

Just follow the smell bro. You'll find something tasty.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You left off "Hollywood Video Center"

And "Variety & Bargain"

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You got French pastries.
    You got Caribbean food.

You'll notice that sign is in Toronto - the 416 area code is a big clue. We are the most multicultural city in the world and that mix of ethnic foods is everywhere. I do consider myself lucky.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I grew up and live in Central Valley of California. We are the "whine" region because of how hot we are compared to the coastal part. I'm 2 hours from the coast.

Grew up on the coast. Moved to Madera for about 7 years for the low housing costs. Liked the town but could never get acclimated to the heat.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You'll notice that sign is in Toronto - the 416 area code is a big clue. We are the most multicultural city in the world and that mix of ethnic foods is everywhere. I do consider myself lucky.

Today, Google is not my friend-- I searched So Cal signs. Plenty of others though...

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

WHY WON'T THEY ASSIMILATE?!

#226 5 years ago

Now, we're talkin' So Cal!

130411145047-08-bourdain-horizontal-large-gallery (resized).jpg130411145047-08-bourdain-horizontal-large-gallery (resized).jpg
    #227 5 years ago

I left california 13 years ago and moved to new zealand. I was a third generation Californian and was well off but I just got tired of the crowds and traffic.

I'm happy with the move!

What gets me about taxes is when you can't see any value from it and dollars get sucked up in a black hole. I make my living now basically looking for efficiencies in government. I would LOVE to have at it in California. Happy to do it on a no fee basis only taking a little tiny percentage of what I identify in savings

#228 5 years ago

Well this will fix it!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #229 5 years ago

Why I stay in So Cal-

Where else can I get paid $15 an hour to sit around this smog shop three days a week trying to keep you guys entertained?

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why I stay in So Cal-
    Where else can I get paid $15 an hour to sit around this smog shop three days a week trying to keep you guys entertained?

#232 5 years ago

Here's your sign!

o (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg
    #234 5 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Beware of Kong Dong!

And automobeeeels!

1327773723_long-duk-dong_480_poster (resized).jpg1327773723_long-duk-dong_480_poster (resized).jpg
    #236 5 years ago

Well said. Because of this Compton is well on it's way to becoming the next Beverly Hills!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/12/19/compton-hot-new-housing-market/

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well said. Because of this Compton is well on it's way to becoming the next Beverly Hills!
    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/12/19/compton-hot-new-housing-market/

STRAIGHT INTO COMPTON

Straight into Compton, crazy motherfuckers just movin' in
    No more gangs, just suburbanites Wit Attitudes wavin' fins
    Now that their marked off, dead trees gettin' sawed-off
    Sweeping up the streets and bodies are hauled off

You too, boy, don't you move in next to me
    Now police are gettin' called when I go outside to take a pee
    Crackers comin' in, that's why I'm getting out
    For another motherfuckin' Starbucks that's showing out

As I leave, believe I'm stompin'
    But I won't be back boy, cuz they movin' straight into Compton

cube (resized).jpgcube (resized).jpg

#238 5 years ago

Now that's the funniest shit I've seen all day!

#239 5 years ago

Compton, Paramount, or my favorite, El Monte....

Pasadena, you ain't got nutthin' on El Monte......

#240 5 years ago

We had a name for the homeless once. Bums.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

We had a name for the homeless once. Bums.

In Orange County they were known as "river dwellers" or "Angels fans", but it got too crowded so they are getting shipped down to Irvine to let them deal with it.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #242 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

WHY WON'T THEY ASSIMILATE?!

They do - IN MAH BELLY

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now, we're talkin' So Cal!

Dude those pics are of K-Town (Korea Town) in LA lol! You know like Little Italy in San Diego. Or Chinatown in most major cities.

No most of SoCal does not look like that...unless you live in K-Town!

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Dude those pics are of K-Town (Korea Town) in LA lol! You know like Little Italy in San Diego. Or Chinatown in most major cities.
    No most of SoCal does not look like that...unless you live in K-Town!

How bout lovely Hacienda Heights, Garden Grove, or Westminster?

#245 5 years ago

Is see a lot of new unsuccessful pin retailers in the future.

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

In America we are literally taxed to death now!

I think you are a little confused on what the word literally means. Or you are posting from the grave.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I think you are a little confused on what the word literally means. Or you are posting from the grave.

LMAO

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How bout lovely Hacienda Heights, Garden Grove, or Westminster?

Let me guess, you live near or in Garden Grove/ Westminister? But I don't get it what are you saying that there is a large Asian population in those areas. Yes there is, but is that how all or even most of Socal is or looks like...absolutely not!

Go a little further south to Fountain Valley, Lake Forest, Laguna Niguel and Mission Viejo and is that what you see all around?

Or let's look West and North of LA in Santa Monica, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard into Santa Barbara... still see the same thing?

That might be 100% of what you see in front of you but that doesn't mean that is what it looks like everywhere, especially all of SoCal.

Definitely diverse no doubt about that. Around all large metropolitan areas in any major city (Especially cities with a population of > 2 million), there are ALWAYS surrounding areas and cities which will have a more specific concentrated ethnic demographic.

In other words most major cities will have areas with shopping center signs you can't read. But that doesn't mean those signs are everywhere you turn and anywhere you go.

I've lived most of my life in LA working in real estate and have a pretty decent idea of demographics in many many areas all around LA and Orange County.

So it's bs to put a pic of a shopping center sign from an ethnic specific area and say "hey look at whats happening in all of SoCal can you believe it!?".

WAY too much of that going on in general and I won't even get into all the examples we see of this in our current political..errr.. state affairs..

I mean you could take a pic of any of these districts in LA and say "WTF? Why can't they assimilate"...... pfffttt.

rtr4c6nm (resized).jpgrtr4c6nm (resized).jpg
    #249 5 years ago

When Im out of town and I say I live in Orlando, its assumed I live in Disney!
    Well today, one can......

We have a Little Vietnam of around 45 businesses.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

In America we are literally taxed to death now!

Quoted from nwpinball:

Incredibly, the dictionary backs him up on this one, the second definition for “literally” is “figuratively”:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally

Weird, wild stuff.

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/supreme-court-passes-online-sales-tax-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.