Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by citerne
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFDFD5F5-66BE-4ACC-8AE8-5948C5AE24E6 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Great Supra commercial during the Super Bowl halftime.

#2 5 years ago

That was fun.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Yup ... liked that one !

#4 5 years ago

Sweeeeet lol

#5 5 years ago

Best commercial of the night

#6 5 years ago

No ramps !?

#7 5 years ago

Kaneda's commercial got played lol

#8 5 years ago

Did they mean pinball is back?-)

DFDFD5F5-66BE-4ACC-8AE8-5948C5AE24E6 (resized).jpegDFDFD5F5-66BE-4ACC-8AE8-5948C5AE24E6 (resized).jpeg
    #9 5 years ago

I will leave the mods to Mezel or Lermods for that game.

Dan
    Lightedpinballmods.com

#10 5 years ago

Awesome

#11 5 years ago

My kids froze and looked at me... proud moment. (We own Tommy)

#12 5 years ago

the supra came back but pinball was always here.

mjr

#13 5 years ago

We will never get rid of that song will we....

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

the supra came back but pinball was always here.
    mjr

Pinball is stronger than ever, but the Supra isn't back... Just another BMW, for better or worse.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from VZSpyder:

Pinball is stronger than ever, but the Supra isn't back... Just another BMW, for better or worse.

Yep. 0 interest in buying a BMW Z4 wannabe. Shame Toyota went to Europe for this. Would have loved to seen a US partnership or another Subura partnership would have been great too.

#17 5 years ago

Very awesome. I squint my eyes and pretend that's a MK IV driving around.

#18 5 years ago

Needed a Ramp and Spinner. But maybe put the ramp last.

#19 5 years ago

Drive lines are the same but the cars feel very different from what I have read. I would definitely look at a Supra for my next toy.

#20 5 years ago

Must be a hint to Stern

#21 5 years ago

The letters S-U-P-R-A are in a straight line out of the way of the massive circular scoop thingy of doom.
    The driver could have just driven across the letters right away and achieved the end goal quicker.

I don't think the driver is a pinball or driving wizard and we have all been bamboozled.

0/10. Would not buy car.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from VZSpyder:

it won’t be the same powerhouse it once was and still is. even before i was born

#23 5 years ago

if i wasn’t a car person i would have thought it was spelling supreme

mjr

#24 5 years ago

Toyota loves it's pinball commercials

#25 5 years ago

They didn't show the shooter lane.....damn it!

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Toyota loves it's pinball commercials

Nice 80's cheese and at least this one had a ramp!

#27 5 years ago

The commercial and car are cool for sure!!! Not a bad looking sports car!!! Although I’ll stick with my 392 Scat Pack Challenger!!!!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

The commercial and car are cool for sure!!! Not a bad looking sports car!!! Although I’ll stick with my 392 Scat Pack Challenger!!!!

I'm also into scat!

#29 5 years ago

Coil count?

#30 5 years ago

The target market here is fifty-year-old men, but men of this age played video games in their youths, not pinball.

Also, while I like to see even a cursory reference to pinball on national TV, the designers of the special-FX in this ad must know little about pinball. For example, the "plunge" emerges SUTM, and there is confusion about what an insert is. Here, an insert is combined with a switch. (See the driver rolling over the inserts to light them, spelling "S," etc.) Moreover, the car is *avoiding* everything it possibly can, while pinballs seek to contact all they can, etc. Not the best metaphor I thought.

Good work, Toyota!

#31 5 years ago

What? No color DMD???

#32 5 years ago

No spinner, I’m out!

#33 5 years ago

Looks like fun, but not $50k worth of fun.

2 months later
    #34 5 years ago

Hi, I have made a video on YouTube to show you pinball used in commercial in France and abroad. 28 minutes of commercials, more than 37 commericals... Look :

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/supra-super-bowl-commercial?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.