IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#817 3 years ago

Hello! I will be joining the club soon. I have a Batman Forever coming. Where is the best place to get a new cannon and motor for the cannon?

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Congrats. Is it missing?

Thanks. No, looks like it just needs a new motor.

1 week later
#820 3 years ago

Have my Batman Forever about 95% operational. The DMD was fried so I treated myself to a new one!

IMG_20200520_194128 (resized).jpgIMG_20200520_194128 (resized).jpgIMG_20200520_203404 (resized).jpgIMG_20200520_203404 (resized).jpg
#822 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I've always wanted one of those.
Yours looks terrific!
What kind did you get? Provide a link?

It is a ColorDMD. They did a good job with it. I believe it was just released. Since the old DMD was fried I paid a few bucks more and got this one. The only thing I noticed is the batmobile scene is all green. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way.

http://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-batman-forever-pinball-machine/

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that game all around looks perfect. Nice job. Great looking game. Now I have to pull the trigger on this color display. Damn you guys, why did I click this thread?

It is well worth it!

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

It should not be green. What rom versions are you on? CPU and video rom. I colored it with 3.0x and 4.0x. I also noticed on your freeze ball save you have some extra stuff at the bottom that shouldnt be there. It should look like this.
[quoted image]
Can you get a video of the uncolored part please?

It looks like I was reading the wrong number. Thought I was on four but I'm on two. First Sega game, my bad. Any recommendations as to where I can get an updated ROM kit with the appropriate versions? It looks like Marcos sells them but wasn't sure if there was an appropriate combination I needed.

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that game all around looks perfect. Nice job. Great looking game. Now I have to pull the trigger on this color display. Damn you guys, why did I click this thread?

Lol. Thanks!

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I burned my own.
Looking at Marco's website you'd want the new game code if you aren't running it already:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM1109
And if you aren't running the 4.0x video roms you need these:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM1111
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM1110
I would still like to see a picture of the batcave scene just in case. I have a 2.x rom here and things looks pretty good on that to be honest. So I'm wondering if one of your video roms has some glitch in it.

Thanks! I'll take a look and send you a video. I plan on breaking it down for a shop this weekend so I'll try to grab that today.

#831 3 years ago

We were able to get the game 100% operational. We broke it completely down and shopped it over the long weekend. Replaced all the broken parts and rubbers. We also added an LED kit.

The green screen on the color DMD was due to the fact that there was a "Timed Play Only" ROM on the machine. We replaced it with the latest ROM and all screens are working. The color DMD is fantastic! I highly recommend it if you don't already have one.

IMG_20200523_181828 (resized).jpgIMG_20200523_181828 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#846 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the microswitch on the mini ramp? I'm wondering if it's easier to get to it from the top or bottom. Also, I couldn't find the exact part. Can anyone suggest a replacement that will work?

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Alright I reseated the z connector no dice. I did however notice that a few of the fuse holder clips on the power supply board were extremely wiggly and looks like they might break. Anymore suggestions on possible solutions?

I can't really provide any advice on how to fix it. This machine was my first restore. But I ended up having to replace the power supply and the DMD. My DMD was going crazy on startup as well. It was very scrambled so I just replaced it. I wanted the color DMD so I didn't mess around with the old DMD.

#851 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I had the random resets as well. It was happening quite often. Sometimes the display would just scramble, but that seemed to be better when I reseated the ribbon cables. But the game reset, especially noticeable in the middle of multiball making me think it was mechanical shaking. I reseated the power connectors often, but then ended up reflowing the connectors on the power supply. It is now much better, but still happens every couple weeks.
I am strongly considering getting a new power supply. Which did you end up getting and from which vendor? Are you happy with it? I was going to go with the one specifically made for the large displays, but I am running a 12v Dr Pinball LCD display and may eventually switch to the Color DMD LCD. So I was considering the Rottendog power supply that doesn't have the higher voltage going to the DMD board.
I was also going to purchase the new capacitor kit for the large DMDs, reflow the fuse clip holders and keep the original power supply as a spare. Anyone redo the capacitors? Does it really help?

Here is the power supply I purchased. A few people told me I'd save a lot of money rebuilding the board but I didn't want to fry my son's game on my first restore. Thus, I just purchased a new board. I've had no issues at all. The color DMD doesn't use as much power as the legacy DMD.

Power Supply

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This is the one I was leaning toward and glad to hear Looprunner had great luck with it. I was nervous because it doesn't list a brand or manufacturer but it clearly states it's for the Sega Large Displays.
https://ksarcade.net/new-replacement-power-supply-520-5047-03.html

I was nervous about this as well but I really trust Marcos. If you call them they may tell you the manufacturer. I assumed it may be a white label situation.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Another noob question. The machine still has old bulbs in it if I want to upgrade to LEDs do I just swap them out or do I need to upgrade something else in the machine to use them?

Like Langless28 mentioned, you can just swap them out. For my first restore I just bought a kit on Marco's website. I know a lot of people use Comet LED lights but Marcos had a kit that laid out where all the lights should go. It turned out fantastic! It looks so much better with the lights.

1 week later
#876 3 years ago

I noticed when I hit the flippers that sometimes the slingshot fires and the purple light goes off near the flipper. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen, correct?

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

First check the obvious. If one of the switches under the sling is really, really close to being closed, then the violent snap of the flipper can shake it and it will fire. Next, replace the purple bulb to see if it's a bulb or socket issue...

Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm guessing it is just something shaking it and causing it to fire. I'll check the switch.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from CRPIT:

Does anyone knows what Robin says after a ball save?

Doesn't he ask....what's a cool sidekick name?

1 week later
#889 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

For those interested in a little background, we based the game on the original script which had all of what's in this article and more. We even had clips of many of the scenes.
https://bit.ly/3iHM8br
Three days before the theatrical release we got to see the finished film. When it was over, the game team was stunned. We looked at each other. WTF was THAT? Key scenes were missing, many scenes were (to us) completely out of order, other scenes had been replaced with very obvious cost-driven shortcuts, etc.
I gotta run here in a few, so let me give you one tidbit now and save a really great one for another time.
One of the deleted scenes came after the Riddler had kidnapped Chase Meridian and had her in his lair near the end of the film. It was the shortly after she told him "Batman will come for me" and he replied with "I'm counting on it!" The Riddler originally went on to say "Nighty night, sweetheart!" - and then pulled out an oversized syringe containing a glowing green liquid. He then plunged its prominently large needle into Chase's neck and injected her, knocking her out immediately. Apparently too dark for Warner Bros. (and perhaps even more likely for a Burger King cup.)
But given production lead times and the fact the factory was had been ramping up production ahead of the film's official release, the playfields had been finalized and manufactured long before we saw the final movie. So if you look just to the right of the upper pair of Two Face's coin standup targets, you'll see the Riddler about to use that syringe on Chase.

That's very interesting. My boys and I were looking at the playfield when we got the game and I did not remember the syringe. Keep the tidbits coming!

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I have two Large DMD for sale. A used Cherry $225 & a new Dale $375. OBO. No lines out. Just pulled the Cherry from my BF. Loving my new ColorDMD & never going back.

It's pretty amazing. Worth every penny!

1 week later
#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

id be in for an extra set

Me too!

1 month later
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Hey Batman Forever Club!
Looking at cleaning up my game and putting a new DMD and giving it some love. At this point it looks like some of my bulb bases are not working and there's a stranger mixture of LED and older bulbs. Looking at cleaning all that up and replacing what is new. It also seems that the wiring for the super jackpot is missing so I will be checking that out as well. Also all the pop bumper lights seem to be out will have to check some wiring there. When replacing all the bulbs do I have to dismantle the whole playfield or just parts?
what's your favorite mods? I thought about putting some lights behind the back skyline to get some more light across the game. I also considered mirrored blades but am worried they will scratch as the playfield needs to be worked on.

The ColorDMD and LED lights made my game look fantastic! I put on side blades but have to be very careful when lifting the playfield as it's really tight.

#921 3 years ago

Here you go. I only got them to cover up a very scuffed up side. It's not even worth showing the other side because you cannot see it. Lol.

IMG_20200831_212033 (resized).jpgIMG_20200831_212033 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200831_212053 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200831_212053 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Just joined the club. Oddly on my color dmd sonic is green?? The rest of all the animations look great though.
[quoted image]

Is there a timer that displays on the DMD? Could be the same ROM issue I had.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Not quite sure what you mean..don't see anything like that..

I had an operator-only ROM on my game that had a timer counting down on the screen. It threw everything off with the colors. Check out this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/17#post-5667076

2 weeks later
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from subedriver:

Picked up a BF and it needs lighting updates. I've looked at the pinball bulbs kit but don't like the purple GI. Are most of you going with this kit or doing comet bulbs?

I used the Comet kit. I was happy with it.

If you don't have a color DMD, and can swing it, I highly suggest it for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider looprunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club?tu=looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.