IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigbadmiker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 8 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with the Batcave? Specifically, the 2nd lock rollover switch? I have replaced the switches with new ones from Pinballlife, but I'm still having issues.

Basically, if there is a second ball that gets locked, then when its supposed to be released, it gets stuck on the switch and won't roll down to lock 1 switch. I've adjusted and adjusted and adjusted. The switch is too stiff. If I adjust the switch so that it will roll down to lock 1, then the switch is too far away from the ball to register and close the switch.

I'm thinking of swapping lock 2 switch out with one from the trough that may be worn a bit, and easier to activate. Any other ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Mike,
I remember having issues like this when I first got mine. Yes, I switched out bad switches from PBL and they needed it, but I thought I had to adjust the actuators so the barely were in front of the ball. Mine were a little too far in front of, or perpendicular to the ramp. So when the balls start moving from a rest, they wont have the actuator impeding them. Just had the same exact issue on my MB, ball was getting stuck by the actuator.

Thanks, I'very adjusted the actuators (arm) too a little, but I thought that was bad for the switch. I still think the switch is too stiff. Not as stiff or strong as the ones from radio shack... that's what I replaced with first, then pbl ones. Sometimes, the kicking of the coil will jog it loose, but most of the time not.

I'm surprised more people haven't had this issue. Guess mine is one of the lucky ones. Game is pretty awesome besides this frustrating issue.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I was having the same issue, drove me crazy. One time, after sliding back the glass and taking off the Batcave to inspect matters I got tired of removing the two nuts and just left them off. It might sound a little hokey but "whatta 'ya know" it RARELY happens anymore.
Maybe there is a little extra vibration to move the ball forward? All I know is I haven't put those nuts back since and all is good!

Interesting. I was adding a couple washers underneath the batcave, but I'll give that a shot too. Thanks.

5 months later
#269 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I joined the club yesterday. My DMD has a single column that is not working. Is anyone aware of a fix for that? (Sorry if this has already been covered but I haven't read all of the posts)

There is no fix and new ones are not really available. You can either look for a used one that will probably cost you $400 - $600.

Or, you can replace it with a DMD Extender (which you will have to build) for around $250, which allows you to set it to any color or mix of up to 4 colors.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New DMDs can be specially ordered through Action Pinball. It's costly and takes 4-5 months.

Can you share what you paid?

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Anybody using the updated ROMs notice a weird callout, "Lock 2" when the ball hits either right inlane rollover?

What updated roms? Was there a recent update?

Version 4.01 is on mine. Have not seen this issue.

1 week later
#294 7 years ago

Are you the guy (who contacted me through CL) that wanted to trade your Johnny Mnemonic for my Batman Forever? I know I decided no on the trade...

Did you trade for it or buy it for cash?

Guessing if you didn't trade, you must have found a deal. Gotten a few offers, but still have it.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

The Game works great and needs a good cleaning. Ramps are good, no cracks, flippers are strong and make all the ramps. I haven't looked under the hood since I brought it home. That's tonight. There is one vertical line out in the DMD and the power connector definitely needs to be dealt with since it is intermittent.
Yes, bigbadmiker, I'm the guy who contacted you about a possible trade with my Johnny Mnemonic. I found this machine down in Beaverton and paid $1500, which other than the cabinet decals I find fair. I will put some work into it and see where it goes.
The guy I bought it from says he purchased it in Scottsdale AZ from Stuart Wright, who is now the Art Director at CPR. This is encouraging. I have sent an e-mail to him asking for more history on the machine and will update this when I hear from him.

Hi John. You got a good deal even with the exterior cab condition. I'd suggest doing a SmartDMD, which could be done for about $250.

#307 7 years ago

Yah, I'm not a fan of the DMD extender look either, and these big DMDs are as rare as hens teeth. On the DMD Extender I assume that rather than choosing colors to approximate an RGB color scheme that one could choose different shades of one color to look more like the OG DMD? I have a ColorDMD in my Johnny Mnemonic and love it, too bad there is no solution like that for these Sega games. Just not enough of them out there I guess.
I look at these machines as a hobby. I'm not trying to flip them, only to get them at a good price, fix them up to my liking, enjoy them for a while, then sell them for a fair price and try something new. I have Tales From The Crypt, Brahm Stoker's Dracula, and T2 on my list for the next machine.
I will say that this Batman Forever is a BIG candidate for LEDS, spotlights, and auxiliary lighting! With the stock 44/47 bulbs it is super dim unless the room lights are on and then there is too much glare on the glass. I can hardly see the in-lane lights through the green ramp. The back of the machine is a complete black hole!

Pick up the led kit from Pinballbulbs and then add color led flashers. And yeah, if you did the SmartDMD or DMD extender, you could just pick shades of one color, all green or all purple maybe.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The large DMDS are made when ordered. I have one coming in 12 weeks. I figure for home use, it will never burn out.

He's not going to spend that kind of money when he got the pin for $1500.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Make a backup / copy of your entire sd card. You can keep the backup on a computer, or another sd card. Don't rely on just one card.

It's not just the SD card going bad. Dr. Pinball ties the license to the SD card that he ships to you.

If the SD card goes bad, you have to contact him for another license, which I have heard can take some time to get a response.

3 weeks later
#345 7 years ago

I've spent almost 2 hours on adjusting these and am at my wit's end. I have tried raising the back of the machine, cleaning the rails and rollers and switches, bending them in every conceivable way, even researching opto retrofits! I am going to try inserting spacers to the rear habit rail mounts to try and increase the angle and give the balls more force. Next is maybe ordering new switches but I don't have much faith. Any and all help/pics is appreciated.

I had the exact same problem with mine. I spent hours and hours trying to figure out how the hell to get the bat cave switches to work right. Posted the issue here in this thread and not many seem to have this issue and couldn't help.

I bought new switches from Pinball Life, did not fix the issue. I bent the switch arms, didn't fix the issue. Finally took out the switches from the trough and used those in the bat cave. These switches were really worn and so they didn't push the balls back up the ramp. This was my last shot trying to figure out what would work... And it did.

The switches are just too strong in the bat cave. These should have been optos. Total design flaw!

Oh, another tip from someone here is to take the nuts off the bat cave that lock it down. This allows more vibration to occur when the solenoid fires which helped the balls roll down to the next switch. The ball was getting stuck on switch lock 2 - middle switch. This helped a bit.

Good luck... hopefully you can find weaker switches.

7 months later
#485 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Looking for pictures/video of LED kits for BF. Would like to see what the kit from cointaker etc looks like before purchasing. My machine has a number of LED's but in all white and would like to add some varied colors. was hoping the kit provided this so I was not all on my own and paying multiple shipping fee's. Thanks!!

Get the LED kit from pinballbulbs. It's worth the money. Mine looks just like the photos on the site after I did the kit. Just plain awesome. LED strips and spotlights that are easy to install are included.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/batman-forever-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

You can get 10% off too if you use coupon code: pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigbadmiker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club?tu=bigbadmiker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.