IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 8 years ago

New owner here! Fun game!

Desc: New silicone rings all around. Flippers rebuilt. Latest ROMs installed. New Xpin power supply board. Original translight and manual included. Extras include full LEDs, BriteCaps™ EVO Pop Bumper Lighting, Energi Maestro LED smoother to eliminate annoying flashing.
3/21/2016: replaced batwing cannon ball-detection switch.

Here's some pics. Boat mod kind of hard to see.

i-x7Rpdfc-X2_(resized).jpgi-x7Rpdfc-X2_(resized).jpg

i-KhCPZbT-X3_(resized).jpgi-KhCPZbT-X3_(resized).jpg

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey man welcome to our small club. Yours looks to be in fine shape....don't ya just loooove the wire forms. Hope you take some time and check out the cool mods I've done to mine. I make and sell the leg light-ups if your interested and am working on a Bat Plane light up mod also.

Thanks! I'd love to see your products! You have a web site or something?

1 week later
#221 8 years ago

Had to order these this weekend: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1050

Snapped 2 of them with a well-placed ball!

Do you think they snapped because the plastic was old?

How often do you guys replace those?

(purchased 2 sets, to have extras)

#223 8 years ago

My flippers have been recently rebuilt. The coils are not original (I did not replace them myself). I wouldn't say the coils are overly aggressive, if that's where you're going?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Sometimes I wonder if it's too much as a direct rebound is pretty violent!

I can tell you that the way the C.A.V.E. drop targets are molded, they have a major weak point. A strong ball could snap 'em. Happened to me, but the plastic was old and possibly brittle. Still, the drop targets have holes in them for the components to attach to (switch and spring). That's where they are the weakest. Don't live in fear, stock up!

1 week later
#233 7 years ago

Lazy way of replacing the C.A.V.E. drop targets.

Remove both pins from the bottom of the "cage" (the metal box that houses the drop targets). This will allow you to remove the bottom peice (the piece that hinges on the pins, that the coil actuates). Mind the coil as you do this.

Feed down the new drop targets from the playfield side. Pass them through the metal ramp wires. As you do this, tilt them diagonaly and wiggle them. I was able to feed them through this way.

Because you have removed the bottom of the cage, you can push the drop target further down than usual and have more room for your fat hands to do the next step. Attach the springs to the new drop targets. Secondly, attach the other end of the springs to the cage.

Reinstall the bottom "swivel" part with the 2 pins, you know, clean up.

Tada.

1 week later
#238 7 years ago

Yoko2una, awesome mod! Great idea! Tell me about the other parts you used? comet led? etc?

1 week later
#244 7 years ago

Greetings! I am investigating why my batwing cannon is not swinging anymore (the ball loaded switch and the coil works fine). I was wondering, in the batwing gun test, there are 3 items:

The ball loaded switch
The home switch
The gun safety switch

Looking at the schematics, looks like there's only one gun switch under the playfield.

What is the gun safety switch?

Thanks for any info! Cheers!

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Without that switch the plane would keep going around

That's what I imagined too. But like I said, there's only one switch. One switch that serves both purposes?

#247 7 years ago

I think it was a cracked solder on the motor relay board. All better now.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Only a matter of time before the DMDs for those game die out.

True dat.
5 months though? And how much is that "custom job"?
Perhaps using the color replacement that uses a raspberry pi computer is a better solution? Surely faster to implement than 5 months, hopefully.
EDIT: Link to what I am talking about:

Added over 8 years ago: Manufacturer's link for this: http://www.drpinball.co.uk/dmdextender.htm

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But yeah I'd go for a new set with stickers.

Same here.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm not a fan of that colored dmd that was out a while ago

Me neither. But it's a viable alternative to keep the game going.

#261 7 years ago

The right ramp anchors to the playfield using 2 small screws. Plastic will crack around those 2 screws. The ramp should have been mounted to a post (at least). I might make that mod, unless we can score new ramps.

I had read that green is rare / hard to make?

Would black be easier? Would black ramps be cool?

I am not sure about clear ramps. The back of the playfield is kind of cool. Might be nice to see it through the ramps.

I'd be in for a set of new ramps.

2 weeks later
#311 7 years ago

Make a backup / copy of your entire sd card. You can keep the backup on a computer, or another sd card. Don't rely on just one card.

#322 7 years ago

I'd be up for a right ramp.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm cracked down at the left screw down point.

Same here. Terrible design how the right ramp anchors to the playfield. Using 2 tiny screws to anchor the base of it is not a good plan.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

or do nothing since it's fully playable

Yep, same here. The ramp might rock a little from side to side sometimes, but only if hit in a particular way.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, in order for this to work, the ramps will need to be sold as a set.

That's probably true. Hm. Well, I'd be up for a set then.

2 weeks later
#344 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ok here it is guys, Pablomcks clear frosted gun handle with an RGB color changing strip mounted inside bolted onto Beatmasters blue lit shooter plate bolted onto the game

UNREAL. Wow. Especially cool when the green and blue are used. What a mod!

#349 7 years ago

Yes! Thanks for posting a nice fix with pics! Awesome job.

3 weeks later
#373 7 years ago

I have latest rom and mine is not sugar/spice.

Also, I disable that feature so the game starts in regular mode all the time.

3 weeks later
#403 7 years ago

Hello! Quick question.

To start an event, you have to hit all the "?".

Next step is to get the ball all the way in the top-left-corner via the right orbit. Correct? The ball lands in a scoop up there, and the event starts, and the ball is ejected out back into play.

Is it suppose to be super-hard to get the ball all the way up there?

(It is on my machine, and I was wondering)

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hit it well but it just doesn't have enough OOMPH to stay along the top guide rail coast to coast and it drops a shade and hits the gate for the left orbit and then bounces around the top left saucer, sometimes getting lucky.

Same here! Thanks for the post. Let's keep in touch with this issue! I would love to see cam footage of that shot! Funny, but a great idea! You're right, I can't tell why I miss the scoop at all, can't really see back there while you're playing.

Also, are you getting 50% success rate with the back of the playfield waxed, or not? I just waxed mine, but couldn't get clear and good access back there. Maybe if I wax the crap out of the right orbit, my success rate will improve...

My flippers were recently rebuilt (by previous owner). I can't tell you if they are weak or not. I can make all the ramps otherwise, but it has to be done properly. There's not botching the shot to get a nice right-ramp, you have to time it and hit it nicely.

The piece of sticky foam is an interesting idea... That would soak up some ball momentum indeed.

3 weeks later
#422 7 years ago

I can't make the top-left Start Event hole from the left flipper.

So I decided to lower the pitch of the machine.

Question: When a new ball is served from the shooter lane, is it supposed to land in the Start Event hole (then be ejected by the coil) ?

Or did I lower my deck too much?

Thanks guys.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Question: When a new ball is served from the shooter lane, is it supposed to land in the Start Event hole (then be ejected by the coil) ?

Guys, it's an easy question. Anybody? Hello?

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yes. Most of the time, mine launches in the Start Gotham Event hole

Thanks so much for the information! I think I'll adjust the pitch of the machine so it barely makes it in the saucer. That seems like a good plan.

I had adjusted the pitch of the machine the "standard" pitch, but there's no way to start an event that way. Thanks again!

1 month later
#458 7 years ago

Quick q. What is the most common reason the game would trigger too many multiball sessions?
Thanks guys.

2 weeks later
#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

1-way gate on the left orbit

Is that the horizontal wire that's supposed to drop and block the ball from coming back to you from the left orbit?

If so, when is that wire suppose to drop and block the ball?

Thanks for your post. I totally see what you mean. The rubber on my post there only partially covers the white color of the playfield there. It's not terribly thick, but I can see what you mean.

Did you re-install a thinner post rubber at all? Just metal on metal?

#461 7 years ago

Well, I think I found my problem? I manually lowered that wire ball-guide thingy and started a game. It never was actuated back down!

That can't be normal.

#463 7 years ago

I should have written my post differently. My one-way-gate is always up! It never falls back down.

It's supposed to fall back down "by gravity", correct?

EDIT: FIXED. It was bent in a weird way, so it wasn't falling back down. Now it free-flows. That's going to change the gameplay for sure. Duh!

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. It does move from left to right. When it moves right, it then gets stuck in the up position forever? I need to study this.

EDIT 3: One-way-gate is part number 500-6040-00 and is hard to find?

EDIT 4: Found the culprit! It's the screw from the post on the right of the one-way-gate. The gate wire will eventually ride on top of that screw, then adding spring resistance (if you will) and the wire will get stuck up. I've screwed down the post screw, lowering it again. We'll see if that works.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

White or black rubbers on this game

Mine's purple. Looks very nice.

1 month later
#475 7 years ago

Does anybody have "lighted LED flipper buttons" for this game? I have blue ones on my STTNG. I was thinking of adding green ones on the batman forever. Thoughts? Technical challenges? Thanks guys.

EDIT: If so, what part number / kit did you get?

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just make your own

Clear buttons I understand. What about the LEDs? And how do you mount them inside so they light up the buttons? Staple them?

My STTNG has the kit that has the LED boards that are mounted on the inside. They have 3 LEDs I beleive, and the LEDs are soldered on the board.

Would you suggest getting a bigger LED then, and using only one per button?

#480 7 years ago

Thanks! Awesome.

1 week later
#483 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just completed a project wherein I replaced the TIP42 transistors with MOSFETs and removed the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix section of the MPU from my Batman Forever

Awesome Work!

11 months later
#566 6 years ago

Wow!

2 weeks later
#570 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

there are magnet cutouts

That's a reason why I sold my BF when I had a LAH (side by side).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bendit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club?tu=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.