IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

I swear if this thing said Bally/Williams on it, it would be rated higher and not be such a bargain in bang for buck.

I disagree, and not meaning to throw salt on your thread either. I had one of these, and absolutely loved the look of it, the shots, the bat cave, how it came out LED'd (a must given the poor lighting for incandescent) but the rules are too shallow and repetitive. 7 mode inserts only, with one being an extra ball and another being the classic DE/sega exact same repetitive vid mode. I could almost do the vid mode with my eyes closed by the end.

For home use, the tight shots offered by this machine and MSF would be a nice touch with the right rules. The DMD animations were great for utilizing the larger DMD. The final mode is hard to get to, but was not well tested, as getting the Forever super jackpot requires you to load the cannon, while it is moving, and in multiball, however, this allows for the ball to get stuck between the cannon when it's extended and jam it. This happened on my first time there, and totally killed my excitement for finally getting there, as I had to take apart the cannon to repair it, as it no longer worked.

With a big revision to the rules, keeping a lot of what is there now for sure, as the modes are fun and very difficult (other than the vid), I think it could be a very good machine. Definitely a crowd pleaser, as everyone that came over was drawn to it. But as it stands, I think it falls short for longevity.

5 months later
#17 9 years ago

Always always always repin the 5v connector on all DE/sega/stern to the display with a molex conenctor and trifurcon pins. I don't know if that is the issue, as this usually causes full out DMD reboots (not game), but it is what should be done without any issues, and the first place I would start with this.

Also try reseating the ribbon cable at both ends, pay close attention to the red line on it making sure it aligns with the "1" on the header on the boards. If the ribbon cable is suspect, sometimes swapping end for end where it plugs in will fix this issue, or at least let you know you have a ribbon cable that needs replacing.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

FYI: Reseated the ribbon cable and the condition improved, but has not been cured. ?When you say "end for end" do you mean the same end or unplug both ends and reverse it. We shall see if this helps. After this I will reconnect and with new pins. Sorry, I lack experience as I haven't been at this very long.

Yeah, reverse the ends, that was the simple term escaping me when I was trying to convey that

Try that, sometimes that changes the situation, if it gets better or worse (if worse, won't hurt, you can always reverse back), you know it's the ribbon, and that you need to buy another (cheap). Always do with machine turned off.

That's likely the issue, and as for the repinning of the 5v connector, you can wait on this, it doesn't really hurt anything when it starts to go, it just starts cutting out the DMD and rebotting and cycling the boot screen. It just always seems to start when you least would like it to, as with all issues, so that's why I try to embed this requirement into anyone when first getting a DE/sega or used new stern.

#22 9 years ago

Great Plains Electronics has them for WPC's, not sure about the DMD ones for these though, Marco I'm sure does but they are usually expensive. You might have to look around, but fairly common cable that isn't too much.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Good advice from Atomicboy. Reversed the ribbon cable ends and the DMD no is longer jumpy or jittery. Thanks for your help.

No problem. It will likely crop up again in the future, so you may want to be proactive on your next order. They are only like $5-10.

5 months later
#32 9 years ago

I almost bought another one of these. I do miss the ball coming out of the batcave, and around in front of the apron. I miss the cave mode, and trying to spell out those drops in order. Hard modes, just needs more of them.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I can usually spell "CAV" but getting that "E" in time is really tough. For some reason the C and A are not too tough to hit for me in one shot, but I do play a lot of Doctor Who that has a similar shot

You would think the E would be the easiest, as you don't have any others up, and you don't have to worry about missing and resetting.

#47 9 years ago

Brock (Pinball.customs) made a proto clear and painted cast of the ship for the BF I bought from him, and LED'd the inside. It was well done, and of all the things he has made, I have often wondered why he hasn't made more of these, as I'm you all would want one.

3 months later
#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Also wondering if anyone has a problem with the laser kick not always working when it should? The switch is working, and the solenoid will always fire but seems to "miss" the ball about 1/2 the time.

Your switch activates too soon - common issue with kick backs. You want it to close (hear the switch "click") right when the ball is almost in front of the kicker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.