Topic Stats

• 784 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Terminatrix
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

38665E71-FF9A-4281-8D6F-CA76FB4FEF9E (resized).jpeg
4F1DCE96-E254-4D4E-92CF-BDA7E8DBD98D (resized).jpeg
552EB336-7093-4C44-89C1-E4143DA8A779 (resized).jpeg
9CC0F7D9-2047-429C-BC24-F1946E1A07D5 (resized).png
20191024_134139 (resized).jpg
20191024_134046 (resized).jpg
EAC96992-B676-4527-90EA-7E6BECF57215 (resized).jpeg
9957C11D-02A4-45DF-BB74-D430B84A31B7 (resized).jpeg
2EBA3061-7637-4508-B987-6BE94FA55D97 (resized).jpeg
244140E4-D540-438F-AD26-469F8668E299 (resized).jpeg
20190627_102655 (resized).jpg
A83DD531-8286-4729-94D8-10DBE8413FC2 (resized).png
20190721_140112 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_130856 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_130844 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_110348 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#613 1 year ago

Just got my Batman Forever and it's going to need new rubbers and LED's. It doesn't look like there are many visible rubbers--is it worth going with Titan's on this game? I was going to grab the Titan glow in the dark kit but not sure if the glow effect is noticeable. Also, the Batgun shooter feels loose--like someone was carrying the machine by only the gun handle. Any way to secure that?

#620 1 year ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2122

These look kinda cool, but I assume most Batman fans wouldn't approve because of the incorrect logo for this machine.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t think fans would necessarily care, but a potential buyer might if you decided to sell it. I do like that armor though. I’ve had a ton of DE Batmans, and now this BF game circulated back to me twice miraculously. I do think accessories or mods should match the particular game’s Batman theme and time period.
My buddy has a newer Batman topper on his BM66, and I just don’t think it looks right. Just my thoughts.

Whoa now! In the other thread, I saw that your flipper bat toppers aren't era correct either! They look cool though. For this machine, it's not as bad as something like using Batman Forever-era stuff on the Tim Burton-era Data East Batman machine. Better movie=keep it machine specific, yeah?

3 months later
#683 11 months ago

Anyone know where to get question mark stand up targets? A few of mine are chipped and I saw those in Gov's old restoration thread, but he doesn't remember where he got them.

3 months later
#706 7 months ago

Anyone ever rebuild the slingshots? What about the Batwing cannon or Batcave kickout? Will anything beyond a new coil sleeve (and new rubber rings in the case of slingshots) make much of a difference? The slingshots on mine seem a bit tired, the ball coming from the Batcave seems to come around the ramp kinda slow, and the Batwing cannon does a bit of a stutter at the start of its travel.

#708 7 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever rebuild the slingshots? What about the Batwing cannon or Batcave kickout? Will anything beyond a new coil sleeve (and new rubber rings in the case of slingshots) make much of a difference? The slingshots on mine seem a bit tired, the ball coming from the Batcave seems to come around the ramp kinda slow, and the Batwing cannon does a bit of a stutter at the start of its travel.

Slings, cannon, and kickout are much better after refreshing them. Only issue that I still have is the drop down to the kicker from the ball lock--it always falls too far forward (in front of the switch) so the kicker cannot kick it around the loop. I have secured the upper 3 ball lock habitrail ramp as far back as it will go. The only two "hacks" that have worked to get the ball to fall back against the kicker properly are a piece of dead drop foam or a rubber band, either one being placed at the small overhang as the ball falls down to the lower kicker habitrail ramp. The adhesive on the foam is too weak to keep it there for very long as it dries out over time. The rubber band is too noticeable to be a long-term solution but it's 100% reliable. Like I said, I took the wire ramps out of the machine hoping to re-align it and possibly figure out where the fault in the process is, but reassembling it didn't resolve the issue.

1 week later
#709 7 months ago

I'd been struggling to score points so I finally re-watched Bowen's tutorial and promptly put up a decent score of 1.9 billion. Also, a comment in Buffalo Pinball's stream session of the game really helped too. I was always choosing to lock a ball or start a mode off the plunge. Mystery is where it's at, then hit the two heads to lock in the 20x bonus if that is your reward since that'll carry over to the next ball. Mystery also gave me a lit extra ball twice. So I'm now a believer in that strategy.

2 weeks later
#715 6 months ago

There are pictures in this thread of it installed. I wouldn't want it, but it's not terrible.

2 weeks later
#736 6 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just ordered all of my parts to ship it out. Anything interesting I should know before ripping it down?

When putting the cave area back together, it has to be set just right or the balls won't press against the switches precisely where they need to be in order to register for a lock. I had this problem. At first I thought it was old/bad switches, but they're fine. Also in the same area, the drop down from the cave to the switch below has to be properly aligned or it will also fall too far forward. Some day, I'll try to fix it all yet again to be properly aligned without the use of zip ties and rubber bands, but that day isn't today.

1 week later
#740 5 months ago

Decided to play a quick game or two of Batman Forever and noticed my right flipper was really weak. Stopped the game to look under the hood and saw that the coil stop had fallen off the right flipper and was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. How? Part of the metal base had broken off just below the two coil stop bolts. I've never seen that. Thankfully, I had a spare metal base from a prior flipper swap out and everything fit back together. Didn't think I'd be digging into the game today, but it seems better than ever now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brookfield, WI
$ 224.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside