IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 8 years ago

I'm currently getting my metal wire frames powder coated.

After 20 years, it is needed.

If you haven't already, get the pinball pro speakers into this game. What a difference they make.

3 weeks later
#69 8 years ago

I just got my ramps back from being powder coated.

I'll post some pics this weekend.

#71 8 years ago

Here are pics of my freshly powder coated ramps.

IMG_1476.jpgIMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1475.jpgIMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1471.jpgIMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpgIMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpgIMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpgIMG_1474.jpg

#72 8 years ago

Here's my machine. I prefer cool white for GI.

IMG_1479.jpgIMG_1479.jpg

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Looks great!
I was wondering if you'd know if they'd "pop" under black light. I have several CFL black lights in my can lights in the arcade area and BF stock ramps just glow. I thought if I ever repainted them I might lose the fluorescence.
Next thought... Anyone have pinball side mirrors or mirror blades on BF? How's it look? Pics? Maybe we could have someone photoshop the buildings at the back of the playfield and make side decals that carry the city scene around. Kinda like the spiderman side decals.

These don't pop under blacklight. The guy asked me if I wanted that applied to it, I declined (I don't know what the paint coat is called). I figured that I would never play the game under a blacklight...plus I don't even own a blacklight lol.

I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I'm a bit on the anal side, because I want everything to be perfect. Having those ramps chipped everywhere really bothered me. I was thinking of painting them, because it was impossible trying to find someone local who does the powder coat. A couple weeks ago, I happened to ask my cousin if he knew anyone, and he has a friend who does it as a side business. He only charged me $75...I ended up giving him $200. I knew at the $75 price point that it was a favor price due to my cousin and him being close.

#75 8 years ago

I forgot to add, this game rocks with the pinball pro speakers. Everyone who owns this machine should have those installed.

#77 8 years ago

I'm a business owner too. I know exactly what you mean. I give friends and family fair prices...but it pisses me off when they price it out and find companies who do awful work (I believe you get what you pay for).

I can't compete with shady companies that don't have insurance and pay their guys under the table. Come January 1st, I wake up with $250,000 in insurance costs for the year.

#85 8 years ago

For everyone in the club, just a couple questions:

1 - Have you gotten your metal wire return ramps powder coated?

2 - Have you upgraded the speakers?

3 - Frosted or clear LEDs?

For my experience, I think have the wire return ramps powder coated helps make the game pop. Plus, the upgraded speakers really makes the game sound awesome. As for the LEDs, I went with clear just to keep it consistent with the current Stern lighting.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Check the thread "Powder coating crazy".
There's pics of a BF with the rails, lock-down, and wire ramps all powder coated in purple.
Really changes the mood of the machine. Reminiscent of a special edition or something.
I think it looks great but not sure I would do it as I like to keep things original.

I think the purple looked great on everything except the ramps. IMO, the green ramps go perfect with the play field.

6 months later
#191 8 years ago

It'd be nice if Stern did a run of some parts on this game. I'd love to pick up 2 sets of ramps.

1 week later
#196 8 years ago

There should be a clear plastic that goes to the left of the green wire ramp and to the right of the mini-ramp. Then the super jackpot sits over the mini-ramp and the rest of the clear behind the green ramp.

IMG_1803_(resized).jpgIMG_1803_(resized).jpg

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I think that's a guard that goes along the left side, middle playfield. Below batcave? I don't have this guard... I think it prevents balls from getting stuck on top of the plastic left of the pops. I'll see if I can dig up a photo, as I was gonna make one. Anyone that has one in place, let us know... Maybe a pic?

That's exactly where it goes.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, got a picture.

When I get home tonight, I'll take a pic and post it.

#217 8 years ago

IMG_1807_(resized).jpgIMG_1807_(resized).jpg
IMG_1806_(resized).jpgIMG_1806_(resized).jpg
IMG_1805_(resized).jpgIMG_1805_(resized).jpg

Check out those nicely powder coated ramps! If only someone made the green plastic ramps...

#219 8 years ago

If I knew that color existed, I would've chosen the color you have.

I wish someone would make an H channel for this game too.

1 week later
#226 8 years ago

I have the standard coils. I don't have a problem making the ramp shots, however, it has to be a good flip. If I'm off a little, it won't make it up.

1 week later
#231 8 years ago

I almost made it to the wizard mode last night. I got it to where "FOREVER" was blinking in the middle of the playfield.

Anyone who has gotten there, how does the wizard mode start? Is it just like starting the other modes?

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Feel free to judge... I stand guilty as charged. I frequently put balls to 5 in hopes of reaching the "Forever" wizard mode. I have lit it several times, but never started it during game play. Makes it a heck-of-a-lot more exciting getting close!
To verify "Forever" actually works, my daughters and I removed the glass, and followed the instructions below. Verify that software and switches work so you know it's attainable, the quick turn off machine so nothing is recorded!
http://pinball.org/rules/batmanforever.html
"Forever
The Wizard Award....
It is started by matching both the good and bad heads... sighting all bat signals and having completed all gotham events. After doing so, "FOREVER" is lit to be collected via the regular Mode Start routes. The beginning is a great graphic of the riddler which I didn't get to watch very long as all the balls just started spewing out. Thus, also, I was not aware if anything else was occurring (such as Mega Pops, lit special, etc).
This is a 4 ball multiball mode with a ? second ballsaver. The object is to load the batwing to collect jackpots. The problem is that the batwing is moving. Thus, you may hit the left ramp but if the batwing isn't in the right position - No jackpot. Really it's quite ingenious, and very fun! The mode ends when less than two balls are in play."

You own the game. Any setting you put the game on is between you and your game.

No sense in paying thousands for a game, only to have it set at unenjoyable settings.

2 weeks later
#248 7 years ago

My DMD went......ugh.

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh noooo, really sorry to hear that. Now what ya gonna do?

Specially order a new one...which takes 4-5 months to make.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man 5 months. Sure wish Color DMD had it available for our game, I'd buy one. Maybe if you posted on their thread that yours went out and how much you wished they had it for your game. Couldn't hurt.

I emailed them to see if there was a way to use their LCD as a replacement screen, even if all I could get was the standard orange color. Won't work on the Batman Forever hardware.

IMO, I think they should adapt their screen for the large Sega displays. Only a matter of time before the DMDs for those game die out.

#255 7 years ago

Way too much. I'm not a fan of the "color" DMD for the game. I don't mind waiting the 5 months. Ghostbusters LE will be here in a few weeks. I still have GOT LE to play.

Question about the plastic ramps. What would it take for someone to manufacture new ramps? I'd imagine every batman forever owner, if not in need of a new ramp, would at the very least want backups? Mine are pretty solid, but I would still buy 2 sets of them.

#259 7 years ago

How many ramps would we need ordered for freeplay40 to make them?

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not sure. He would have to have a pair to mock up new ones though. Contact him. No telling if he could make green ones too. I could give him a call.

If you know him personally, please give him a call. The ramps need to be green. Clear ramps just wouldn't look right.

#265 7 years ago

Any luck on the ramps ?

Can the bat cave and/or the batwing be recreated with 3D printing? Mine are currently good, just thinking about down the road. I really wish Stern would do a run of some of the parts for this game.

#270 7 years ago

New DMDs can be specially ordered through Action Pinball. It's costly and takes 4-5 months.

#283 7 years ago

I'm having apron decals made up if anyone needs a set.

#285 7 years ago

Not entirely sure yet about the material, but it should be stock looking. I called up my printers at 4:30 today. I asked them if they would be able to scan it and print it on a glossy sticker. They said it shouldn't be a problem.

My apron paint is all chipped. I figured I'd get it powder coated. Before I do that, I want to make sure I can replace those stickers.

1 week later
#292 7 years ago

Outch. Game wasn't made with decals.

I'm afraid to ask how much you paid.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was wondering if we had anyone in the club that would be willing to color the dots with Color DMD?

Color DMD won't work with the hardware in Batman Forever.

Quoted from hd60609:

So I have a similar situation, but not as bad. I bought my BF on ebay years ago as it was listed as "Nice, not show quality, but a players game". When I received it, I found out that meant "Routed and beat to Shxx!" The game cleaned up fine inside, but the cabinet was beat around the edges/corners. The "purples" on the cabinet were faded to more of a burnt orange. I investigated and yes, there are no decals. The artwork was silkscreened on the cabinet.
So I can repair the cabinet and have the art airbrushed by section, which I can airbrush, but this is beyond my scope.
The alternative is to make hi-res scans of a cabinet exterior. The hi-res scans of my cabinet are not nearly perfect so they will need to be photo-shopped. Decals could then be made and applied. Problem is that I am not highly motivated currently because in a line-up, you can't see the cabinet flaws.
Recently, I had a buddy with a trashed Monopoly exterior. He took hi-res photos of a good cabinet. His buddy was able to clean them up and make decals from the photos. He said it turned out great, although I have yet to see them. I used to think no way on photos being blown up, but the resolution on cameras these days is remarkable.
Pursue your lead at CPR, but know that there is a way to get those fixed, eventually.

That would be great if someone could make decals. I saw an old thread how someone made Congo decals. They looked great too.

The biggest problem with the game, it isn't worth enough to go overboard on fixing it up. I just need a new H channel and new set of ramps to make my Batman Forever perfect (relatively speaking for a 20 year old game, where 99% of them were on route).

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I agree with Trekkie1978. It's just not that expensive of a game. I know there are some people asking $4500 for one, but Pinside has a pretty good pulse for the norm... $2300-$2700. That's what's tough. New playfield...$800. Cabinet artwork... $300? Display is $500 or Dr Pinball components...$300. LEDs... $200. Custom painted hardware (which the example look beautiful)...$300?
I'm struggling with the beautiful reproduction of the Batgun (ball launch) that Paul did recently...$400. Mine is OK so it would be a spare, but I appreciate the work he did. Someone could dump in huge on the components and go way over it's value.
Like I did with my custom 98 HD Fatboy... all the extras I did were only for me and my pleasure, because when it sold, none of it mattered that much... just the base worth.
I always thought BF was a keeper for me. We'll see if GB and a possible Star Wars are that good... maybe it leaves and I'd hate to have over-restored or over modded it. Having said all that, I love playing the crap out of my BF!!!

I bought mine for $2,000 and then dropped it off at TNT. It mostly needed cabinet work and board work...2 things I just can't do. Now the cabinet looks great and the boards are bulletproofed probably for however long I own the machine (I really don't plan on getting rid of it). I got my metal ramps powder coated, they came out great. Now I just want new plastic ramps. Mine are in pretty good condition, it's just that with new ones, it will make my machine pop.

On a side note, IMO, I think the Sega games give you a lot of bang for the buck. I'd eventually like to own a Tales from the Crypt (I know it's Data East). Even that game gives you a lot.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So it would have to have an LCD screen?

You would need to use the Smart DMD or whatever that LCD thing is that you need to build or purchase a new plasma DMD, which is expensive.

#306 7 years ago

The large DMDS are made when ordered. I have one coming in 12 weeks. I figure for home use, it will never burn out.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey guys, Mark...freeplay40 will be looking into making the left ramp for our game. He said the the green plastic is more expensive then other colors so the price would be more but Marks quality is way worth it if you ask me. How many would be in for a green left ramp? How many would also like a right ramp? I have to give him some numbers. Someone would have to provide him with the ramps so he can make molds, any takers? Your ramps would probably be free for the use of yours but don't quote me on that.
One green left and right ramp for me.

I'd get one of each. If they're not too expensive, I'd buy 2 of each.

Can he make the sticker for it too?

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Is that how much the replacment is? $500?

$700

#325 7 years ago

Am I the only one who has a broken left ramp? Mine broke at one of the screws. My right ramp is perfect.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nope, I could use a left too. Mark said he has to see what kind of plastic was used on the originals and he doesn't know if the color green he can get looks like the originals, if only one is done it may not match the color of the other one.

Close counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and the color of green for the ramps.

#333 7 years ago

IMO, in order for this to work, the ramps will need to be sold as a set. As Paul said earlier, the color won't match.

If I had to guess, a lot of batman forever owners need ramps.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup that just happened a while ago with the BOP helmet, you could get them a while back and now there gone and no one knows if they will be ever made again. There are many examples of that out there.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Mark will take this on. This will be a HUGE project for him and he may not sell very many so he might charge a premium for them but he's our only hope. Our ramps will continue to deteriorate to the point we can't use them...then what?

This is exactly why I want to order 2 sets of ramps. This is a game is like to hold onto for the next 30 years. The metal ramps will be fine. We have solutions to work around the DMD. But once a ramp breaks...game is done.

2 weeks later
#340 7 years ago

I just adjusted my switches by slightly bending them.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I've spent almost 2 hours on adjusting these and am at my wit's end. I have tried raising the back of the machine, cleaning the rails and rollers and switches, bending them in every conceivable way, even researching opto retrofits! I am going to try inserting spacers to the rear habit rail mounts to try and increase the angle and give the balls more force. Next is maybe ordering new switches but I don't have much faith. Any and all help/pics is appreciated.

Send us a pic of that problem area.

2 weeks later
#360 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I know I'm late to the game, put is this awesome gun available? Thinking about picking up a BF for a friend who likes to rebuild things, but the gun is missing.

You have the new gun the one insider made and on eBay there is a used one.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Who is the "insider"?

Pinsider. Lol

#367 7 years ago

When mine starts, it defaults to Sugar or Spice. IMO, this might be a setting we see, because we have it on free play. Personally, I like the setting, whenever kids are over, they play the novice setting.

Paul, any update on reproduction ramps?

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Sugar and spice isn't the novice/hard choice though that exists in the 4.0 ROM. Its a jackpot style choice.
Are you saying that choosing spice is hard and sugar is novice somehow?

When my game starts, sugar and spice are in the DMD. I select with the flipper novice or standard. On novice, the ball save is set for 2 minutes each ball. Standard is just that, standard.

#372 7 years ago

When during the game does that come up?

I've never seen that before.

I'll get pics up tonight of the Novice/Standard selection.

3 weeks later
#406 7 years ago

Does anyone need new apron decals? I was able to remove mine from the apron and get them to my local printer to scan and print new ones. I haven't seen the finished product yet, but he was very confident that they would come out well.

1 week later
#416 7 years ago

I got my apron back all freshly powder coated. They were able to match the "rough" look to the paint.

Now I'm just waiting on the apron decals from the guy who does my printing.

#419 7 years ago

Why did you get rid of your Mac?

1 week later
#425 7 years ago

Does anyone know how to make one?

#434 7 years ago

My new DMD is shipping out. I haven't played my Batman Forever since April.

2 weeks later
#437 7 years ago

My new DMD arrived today.

IMG_2071 (resized).jpgIMG_2071 (resized).jpg

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man that's great. A review when your ready would be great.

A review on the DMD? It's much better than my old one that stopped working.

I didn't like the extender option, so I went with this. If that newer LCD (?) option was available at the time, I would've went in that direction. I had ordered this back in May.

2 weeks later
#449 7 years ago

Marco doesn't have it? Where does it go?

#451 7 years ago

Did you try contacting TNT Amusements? He might have it on a spare parts playfield.

#455 7 years ago

Try contacting Stern. Maybe they have a couple lying around.

4 months later
#487 7 years ago

My Batman Forever has been put in storage for Batman 66. I'm hoping to be in my new place by the end of the year. The game room there, will be more than twice the size of what I have now (I use the 2nd bedroom as a game room).

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to hear your game is going off line but at least your getting another Batman. Which one? SLE? That's a long time to wait but at over twice the size your gonna love that.......MORE PINS.

LE Episode #62

I only have room for 7 right now. I didn't want 2 of them to be Batman.

The new place, I'll have room for 16 - 20 pins...I'm not really looking to get that many. I'd like to top out around 12. I'm at 9 now...my KISS LE is at my builders house...I'll probably end up letting him keep it and have him just credit it against the building costs.

Star Wars LE is a must buy for me. If Stern releases a Tron VE, I'd buy that too. I'd like to get a LUCI AC/DC too. I won't buy these 2 on the secondary market due to the prices on them. Walking Dead Premium is one I might get too.

I don't want to fill up the new room too fast, what if they release a He-Man machine based on the 1983 cartoon...I don't know how I would resist that one. Put Battle Cat on one side of the machine and put Panthor on the other side. Put Prince Adam raising the sword on one side of the backbox and Skeletor on the other side. The picture I attached would be the backglass. The actor who voiced He-Man is still alive...should use him for custom speech.

he-man-amos-universo (resized).jpghe-man-amos-universo (resized).jpg

1 month later
#492 7 years ago

Pinball life has NOS gun handles in stock.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really? WOW....I wonder where they came from.

Now if they just could get the ramps.

#496 7 years ago

Gun handle looks like it's brand new.

Glad I picked it up.

3 months later
#500 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright I am looking for a shooter gun for my BF. If anyone has an old extra one they want to sell let me know. PM me details..

Pinball life carries them.

2 weeks later
#501 6 years ago

Has anyone upgraded their flipper coils? If so, what did you go to?

Did you also change the drop targets?

Thanks!

2 years later
#766 4 years ago

Is anyone capable of printing up new apron stickers?

I'd like to freshen mine up a bit.

5 months later
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Performing a complete restore on a Batman Forever. My ramps are in not the best of shape. Cracked out near the screw holes and many scratches. Looking for anyone that has one or both of the green ramps. Willing to pay a premium depending on the condition, but honestly looking for any. Thanks.

We need to find someone that can make these. I bet most owners would buy a spare set.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I remember awhile back Mustang Paul knew someone who was going to produce a run of these. Don't know if it ever happened though.
Look back in this thread. It's in here somewhere.

Never happened.

1 month later
#814 4 years ago

Any video of the color?

3 months later
#906 3 years ago

We should do a crowd fund to purchase those NOS ramps and have them reproduced.

1 month later
#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Have another set of NOS ramps. 1st set went to Texas. PM if interested thanks!

We need to get these reproduced.

How do we go about doing this?

7 months later
#953 2 years ago

Couple questions.

Has anyone installed the color LED? If so, how long did it take to load the software? Mine is taking forever.

Does anyone know where to purchase this yellow grounding cable?

99D73288-9E39-4D5E-B445-97FFE443C435 (resized).jpeg99D73288-9E39-4D5E-B445-97FFE443C435 (resized).jpeg
#955 2 years ago

Awesome!!!!! Thank you!!!

2 months later
#972 2 years ago

Leaving the club.

Payment cleared yesterday. Machine will probably be picked up next week.

Was a very fun playing machine. Brought me back to being 17 again, when I would play it nonstop at the arcades.

Time to start thinning out the collection.

2 months later
#977 2 years ago
Quoted from bushav:

I'm in the club! Traveled to Tampa yesterday with the wife to pick up my first Batman Forever. I have been working on the Pin2DMD colorization for a couple of months and fell in love with the game. I also needed a test bed for my colorization.
The game is nice but still some room for improvement. According to the owner this game was originally routed at Disney in Orlando. After leaving Disney it was in storage for quite some time and then purchased by a pin addict, sold to his best friend who wanted it and then sold to me. Cabinet is very nice for age, playfield almost perfect and great plastics. The right ramp has a slit at the bottom about an inch long but it looks like the slip is purposeful to get the ramp to mount correctly to the playfield. All LED's ( I have found four blown LED's). I am rebuilding the flippers and changing flipper rubbers. The rest of the rubbers are pretty good and it looks like a pain to change these playfield rubbers! Perfect translight.
Here is the interesting part for you guys. The quality control stamps say September 1995. The very interesting thing is the playfield is stamped "Paul - E Pinball #1 4-19-95. Is this unique? Could this be #1?
I'll be adding a color DMD to this baby ASAP![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if this is the one they had at the Grand Floridian.

I was down there in February 1996. In the evening, I would play it nonstop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.