IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

thanks for all the great suggestions its all fixed now
the metal bracket that holds the ball was bent up just enough to shot the ball out and hit the wireform

Nice work. Glad to hear that all if well. Now go defeat some bad guys on the way to big points!

#402 7 years ago

Video is displaying a maverick, but I think you get the point of a replacement
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stolen-pin2dmd-color-rgb-controller-from-pinballspcom/page/12#post-3278809

Greetings,
Dom

#403 7 years ago

Hello! Quick question.

To start an event, you have to hit all the "?".

Next step is to get the ball all the way in the top-left-corner via the right orbit. Correct? The ball lands in a scoop up there, and the event starts, and the ball is ejected out back into play.

Is it suppose to be super-hard to get the ball all the way up there?

(It is on my machine, and I was wondering)

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Hello! Quick question.

To start an event, you have to hit all the "?".
Next step is to get the ball all the way in the top-left-corner via the right orbit. Correct? The ball lands in a scoop up there, and the event starts, and the ball is ejected out back into play.
Is it suppose to be super-hard to get the ball all the way up there?
(It is on my machine, and I was wondering)

Hi. Long answer...

Yes to start an event, you need 'Gotham Event' lit which is the right orbit, and then hit the orbit clean into the top left corner. Gotham Event is lit after hitting all 5 ?s, or obviously starting Gotham Event at plunge.

My right orbit to start a mode I think has a bit of a "Goldilocks Zone" as there are 4 potential outcomes.
1) Hit it too soft, and it dribbles into the top rollovers or even back down the right orbit.
2) Hit it well but it just doesn't have enough OOMPH to stay along the top guide rail coast to coast and it drops a shade and hits the gate for the left orbit and then bounces around the top left saucer, sometimes getting lucky.
3) You pure the shot correctly.
4) You hit the shot so hard that it has enough energy to bounce right out of the saucer.

I'd say right now I'm slightly above 50% successful when I hit the orbit. The shot works, but as stated, too fast or too slow and it risks not making the shot. I also think it goes without saying that just like the upper flipper needing to be strong, your bottom flippers need to be as well. I bet it's borderline impossible to hit the right orbit into the top saucer with a weak left flipper.

On top of that, the right orbit switch must be triggered. If your switch is too low to fully register, I don't think you can ever start a mode during game play, so make sure that is up high enough to register.

I have spent a fair amount of time analyzing this shot, mostly because I'm interested in scenarios 2 and 4 above. I wondered if a small piece of foam would negate #4 by absorbing the momentum. For #2, I've even considered a high speed camera to see where exactly I'm hitting early. I've plunged many times while standing up there just to see but it's very hard without slowing it down somehow. Ultimately I bet there could be a fix to allow some shots slightly off of center channel the ball in.

I just haven't had the time between work and family to look into this further, but I will be taking the glass off probably next month to do some small fixes to my BF and perhaps I'll score a camera by then and set up a little experiment.

If your attempts aren't hitting at least 50% on a good shot, you probably need to do some tweaking.

Good luck!

(Another thing I wish Sega did was locate the Batwing about 1" further towards the bottom of the PF. This would've allowed a Batwing shot to hit the right orbit with ease which would've been a really cool way to start modes, especially since Batman uses the Batwing in the movie to confront his enemies. If I'm lucky, I can hit maybe 10% of my right orbit shots from the Batwing, and the rest just hit the right rail and bounce around and dribble back which is a bummer.)

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hit it well but it just doesn't have enough OOMPH to stay along the top guide rail coast to coast and it drops a shade and hits the gate for the left orbit and then bounces around the top left saucer, sometimes getting lucky.

Same here! Thanks for the post. Let's keep in touch with this issue! I would love to see cam footage of that shot! Funny, but a great idea! You're right, I can't tell why I miss the scoop at all, can't really see back there while you're playing.

Also, are you getting 50% success rate with the back of the playfield waxed, or not? I just waxed mine, but couldn't get clear and good access back there. Maybe if I wax the crap out of the right orbit, my success rate will improve...

My flippers were recently rebuilt (by previous owner). I can't tell you if they are weak or not. I can make all the ramps otherwise, but it has to be done properly. There's not botching the shot to get a nice right-ramp, you have to time it and hit it nicely.

The piece of sticky foam is an interesting idea... That would soak up some ball momentum indeed.

#406 7 years ago

Does anyone need new apron decals? I was able to remove mine from the apron and get them to my local printer to scan and print new ones. I haven't seen the finished product yet, but he was very confident that they would come out well.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone need new apron decals? I was able to remove mine from the apron and get them to my local printer to scan and print new ones. I haven't seen the finished product yet, but he was very confident that they would come out well.

Thanks for offering them, I'm good but I could use a couple of kick ass art cards to replace the rules and price cards.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I could use a couple of kick ass art cards to replace the rules and price cards.

I posted some a while back.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I posted some a while back.

Dang I forgot about those, thanks for reminding me. I love the second one but I'm looking for another one, something without rules text on it. Got anything?

#410 7 years ago

Going to pick up BF this weekend and was going to order my LED's so I can shop ASAP. Does anyone have a rough bulb count and type for the GI and the playfield?
Thanks for any info. Looked on the data base and the Manuel is incomplete so nothing on the lighting

#411 7 years ago

My BF is NOT set to free play and it won't record a credit or fire the knocker when a game is "won". Is there a setting or something else that I'm missing? I have the latest game ROMS and the knocker is turned on in the settings. Help. I love the "pop" when I win a game.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

My BF is NOT set to free play and it won't record a credit or fire the knocker when a game is "won". Is there a setting or something else that I'm missing? I have the latest game ROMS and the knocker is turned on in the settings. Help. I love the "pop" when I win a game.

Hmmmm no idea sorry. What does the manual say?

#413 7 years ago

I hate to overstate the obvious... Mine was doing the exact same thing... no knock. Then I realized that the previous owner literally cut out the knocker. Had to buy the knocker and plate from PBL. Works like a charm! If it's there, check the wires to make sure none are broken off the coil.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hmmmm no idea sorry. What does the manual say?

Checked the manual and rechecked the set-up: Set up for a credit when winning a game and the knocker is turned on. The knocker does NOT work when I run the coil test. The wiring has continuity to the driver board and I have already replaced the driver and pre-driver transistors and I obviously need to run that issue to ground, but the thing that I don't get is that (forget the potential knocker issue) no credit is awarded when a game is won (an additional credit is not added to the existing credits). Is it possible that my electrical/electronic issue with the knocker results in no credit awarded when a game is won? Weird.

#415 7 years ago

Wow, if you can replace transistors you know a heck of a lot more then me. Maybe you could ask Pinsider jewboyflowerchild, he lives in Omaha and knows alot about games.

#416 7 years ago

I got my apron back all freshly powder coated. They were able to match the "rough" look to the paint.

Now I'm just waiting on the apron decals from the guy who does my printing.

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang I forgot about those, thanks for reminding me. I love the second one but I'm looking for another one, something without rules text on it. Got anything?

Check pinball cards.com He makes amazing instruction cards. He's a fellow pinsider to boot

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Check pinball cards.com He makes amazing instruction cards. He's a fellow pinsider to boot

Yeah I know all about him but I want just pictures with no text. I want them bigger, big enough to cover the csrd slots in the apron. I then glue the pictures on to magnetic film which sticks real good and won't fall off. Problem is the cards aren't the standard size, it wouldn't be a problem for me if I still had my Mac with PhotoShop cuz I'd make my own. I REALLY miss my Mac.

#419 7 years ago

Why did you get rid of your Mac?

#420 7 years ago

It was a G4, dual 867mhz running OS3 I think and it just starting messing up really bad. Had it for 6 years.

1 week later
#421 7 years ago

First test with PIN2DMD XL in BF

#422 7 years ago

I can't make the top-left Start Event hole from the left flipper.

So I decided to lower the pitch of the machine.

Question: When a new ball is served from the shooter lane, is it supposed to land in the Start Event hole (then be ejected by the coil) ?

Or did I lower my deck too much?

Thanks guys.

#423 7 years ago

Does anyone have a Batman Forever speaker plastic they want to sell? New or used. Please PM me.

Thanks

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Does anyone have a Batman Forever speaker plastic they want to sell? New or used. Please PM me.
Thanks

I would like to get a new one too but nobody has one. Pinsider "dantina" has a topic about new speaker panels, sorry but I can't remember the name of it.

#425 7 years ago

Does anyone know how to make one?

#426 7 years ago

I am looking for one in the mich area of any body want to,sell

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for offering them, I'm good but I could use a couple of kick ass art cards to replace the rules and price cards.

Have we got the mod for you, again. LOL Hope to show those off in about 2 weeks. Another complete line.

Dan

#430 7 years ago

Have we got the mod for you, again. LOL Hope to show those off in about 2 weeks. Another complete line.
Dan

Oh Dan your killin me again.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Question: When a new ball is served from the shooter lane, is it supposed to land in the Start Event hole (then be ejected by the coil) ?

Guys, it's an easy question. Anybody? Hello?

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Guys, it's an easy question. Anybody? Hello?

Yes. Most of the time, mine launches in the Start Gotham Event hole... but as discussed earlier, some of us have the occasional shot that doesn't always fall in the "Goldilocks zone" and is either too hard or soft to stick in the saucer.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yes. Most of the time, mine launches in the Start Gotham Event hole

Thanks so much for the information! I think I'll adjust the pitch of the machine so it barely makes it in the saucer. That seems like a good plan.

I had adjusted the pitch of the machine the "standard" pitch, but there's no way to start an event that way. Thanks again!

#434 7 years ago

My new DMD is shipping out. I haven't played my Batman Forever since April.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

So, my question is; Does anyone here know of more professionally produced cabinet stickers

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Yeah that's pretty low rez, no one I've heard of has high rez decals or any decals for that matter for this game

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That would be great if someone could make decals.

As if by magic, cabinet decals now exist: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/batman-forever-sega-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#436 7 years ago

Dang, if they fit and stick good they look GREAT. Good price too.

2 weeks later
#437 7 years ago

My new DMD arrived today.

IMG_2071 (resized).jpgIMG_2071 (resized).jpg

#438 7 years ago

Oh man that's great. A review when your ready would be great.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man that's great. A review when your ready would be great.

A review on the DMD? It's much better than my old one that stopped working.

I didn't like the extender option, so I went with this. If that newer LCD (?) option was available at the time, I would've went in that direction. I had ordered this back in May.

#440 7 years ago

Had to bite the bullet myself last year when our DMD went out. Expensive piece of merchandise that's for SURE!
Well worth it though as we(my son and I) love this game.
Best SEGA out there?
Quite possible...
ENJOY

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Best SEGA out there?

I think so too and I love the wireforms.

#442 7 years ago

My bat cannon has some issues that I need to address. It occasionally doesn't recognize that it is loaded when the ball is present (I assume that is as simple as a switch that is dirty or failing). Once loaded and after starting to pan to the right, it won't consistently fire (using either the trigger or the flipper buttons) until it pauses at the right then pans back to the left. After that point, it will properly fire properly using either the trigger or the flippers. Lastly, it has a slight pause or hesitation about half way through the arc when panning from the right to the left. I haven't had one of these apart before, so I am wondering if there are any trips or traps that I should be aware of?

#443 7 years ago

Large DMD Sega panels are nearly done, just a few finishing touches. Working on speaker artwork for Batman Forever, Baywatch and Maverick. Pictures done with panels in different brightness levels.

0924161743a_resized (resized).jpg0924161743a_resized (resized).jpg

0924161746_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0924161746_HDR_resized (resized).jpg

0924161746a_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0924161746a_HDR_resized (resized).jpg

0924161746b_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0924161746b_HDR_resized (resized).jpg

0924161743_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0924161743_HDR_resized (resized).jpg

#444 7 years ago

Large DMD Sega panels are nearly done, just a few finishing touches. Working on speaker artwork for Batman Forever, Baywatch and Maverick. Pictures done with panels in different brightness levels.

WOW!!! That looks GREAT Dan. Here's a BF speaker opening you wanted. The BF panel plastic is so plain, just a bunch of question marks compaired to the MSF panel. maybe they could blink or fade off and on at random and all stay on, selectable like that.

IMGA0780[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0780[1] (resized).JPG

1 week later
#445 7 years ago

Just spent more time writing up the steps of how to paint your batcave ($10-$15 in supplies from Walmart and less than 30 minutes) than I spent painting it. Motivated after seeing another Pinsider's.

Then my wife walks in and says "Oh, I think I broke your little guy." You think? I spray painted a terror dog brown in the garage on a rather large piece of cardboard, hoping she'd see it and not drive the van back in and separate the leg from the body! Can't be too upset. She let's me keep this @5&%^$ hobby. Then I lost my detailed directions post. Figures.

If anyone wants the detailed steps, I'll write them out again. Simple and easy.

IMG_2524 (1).JPGIMG_2524 (1).JPG

#446 7 years ago

That looks FANTASTIC. Nice work hd !

#447 7 years ago

Step 1: Paint bricks matte brown (Walmart $1.00 acrylic tube). Careful not to get brown in cracks so it looks like grey mortar.
Step 2 (optional): Paint the metal metallic silver (Walmart $2.00 acrylic tube). Careful not to cover the brighter, original silver. Makes a nice contrast.
Step 3: Paint the metal riveted highlights and the "Robin" symbol on the batsignal a metallic gold (Walmart $2.00 acrylic tube). Doesn't need to cover perfectly, couple thin coats... looks more rustic.
Step 4: Wash the stones, batsignal (and metal, if desired) with matte black paint (Walmart $1.00 acrylic tube). Wait til the gold dries. Then use a drop or two of black and thin it with water. Use a wider brush and slop the black over the stones. you're trying to get it in the cracks to create better highlights/shadows. Wait a minute or two then wipe away the excess with a paper towel. The longer you wait or the thicker the black wash, the darker it will be. Ideally, you'd wipe away so all raised objects wont have any paint on them. Careful not to use the wash on the bricks as it will fill in the cracks. It might look good, but the mortar cracks would be dark instead of lighter.

Brush set should be $5.00 at Walmart. I use the ones with the light blue handles and it has many different widths. Good luck!

#448 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can find this part? In bad need of it can't find it anywhere

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#449 7 years ago

Marco doesn't have it? Where does it go?

#450 7 years ago

No, sold out called them and they said they mite never have them again sucks there is a guy on here that made them in a post 3months back but he hasn't messaged me back yet. And the part goes under the playfield it alows it to pivot up to work under the playfield I can't do much work on my machine because of it and the playfield leans to one side I noticed can't believe it's this hard to find this piece

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.