IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Paul, the armor and siderails look awesome! I actually do like that color, especially metallic. Like the LED under the ramp too. Post a pic once you get it installed and some power to it! At this point with all your mods, you might have to tap into the display power...hahahaha

Hey thanks I think the color is a good match for the game. The ramp lights are run off a variable volt wall wort that's plugged into the service outlet of the game. I have a DK power distribution board that's going to be put in so I can still run that wall wort for 12v power into the DK board so I can plug in the gun shooter plate light up that beatmaster is making for the game (and if anyone else wants one he'll make more, mine will be the first) and I'll be able to plug in my leg light-up also. I also added a powered sub and man that game really thunders now. If someone would make a Color DMD for the game I'd buy it for sure, the dots are terrific on this game. I'm not dome modding this game that's for sure.

#152 8 years ago

I've had my BF for 6 months and still love it (after having the right and upper flipper recoiled), but still have a lingering issue that I was wondering if anybody else had.....my mini ramp and right orbit switch doesnt activate every time it gets rolled over...when trying to fix it the game will recognize it when I tested it out, but it doesnt during normal game play...I was kinda just gave up thinking it was a game design issue and the ball wasnt actually going over it....any ideas?

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Bergy4Selke:

I've had my BF for 6 months and still love it (after having the right and upper flipper recoiled), but still have a lingering issue that I was wondering if anybody else had.....my mini ramp and right orbit switch doesnt activate every time it gets rolled over...when trying to fix it the game will recognize it when I tested it out, but it doesnt during normal game play...I was kinda just gave up thinking it was a game design issue and the ball wasnt actually going over it....any ideas?

Press down on the wire and make sure the switch is being activated.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you just pull the roms, erase, load new code and reinstall or do you have to buy new roms? What is the new version name? So I know what to look for on my roms.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I couldnt find this in my settings, any way you could give a step by step or what section its under? i swear I looked under all of the settings when I got my game

Sorry for the delay - haven't been on the this forum for a bit.

My local tech burned to roms for me and poped them in. ROM version 4.01. Downloadable from IPDB.ORG

We went throught the adjustments menu and found coil strength there. Sadly, cannot check exactly where as a friend wanted to buy the game off me for his Batman-obscessed sons for a Christmas present, so it's no longer with me.

No more swearing at the cave shot for me I'm afraid.

#155 8 years ago

actually found the settings in the manual on IPDB.org - hope this helps

batman.pngbatman.png

#156 8 years ago

Hey guys, a new mod is commin down the road, I should have it in a week or so. When I have installed it I'll post pictures and let you know availability. It was designed to my specs and the proto looks GREAT.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Sorry for the delay - haven't been on the this forum for a bit.
My local tech burned to roms for me and poped them in. ROM version 4.01. Downloadable from IPDB.ORG
We went throught the adjustments menu and found coil strength there. Sadly, cannot check exactly where as a friend wanted to buy the game off me for his Batman-obscessed sons for a Christmas present, so it's no longer with me.
No more swearing at the cave shot for me I'm afraid.

WOW....really sorry to here that but thanks for the info you were able to get. That chart will REALLY help.

Batman Forever!

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Bergy4Selke:

Most likely a worn out switch. Its a cheap and easy fix to replace them. Also check for a burned connector on the pin for the switches in question.

#159 8 years ago

Thanks for the chart. So I was going thru my test mode and I can't activate any test. When I select run it just makes the noise but doesn't run the test. Not sure what the hell that's about...

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Thanks for the chart. So I was going thru my test mode and I can't activate any test. When I select run it just makes the noise but doesn't run the test. Not sure what the hell that's about...

Maybe there's a door interlock switch that's not working? I don't have my game at the moment or I would check.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Maybe there's a door interlock switch that's not working? I don't have my game at the moment or I would check.

ill take a look thanks for the tip

#162 8 years ago

I went into Baywatch and ran the coil test. I needed to have the coin door closed and the start button held down after selecting "RUN" to get the test to work.

Hope that helps

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I went into Baywatch and ran the coil test. I needed to have the coin door closed and the start button held down after selecting "RUN" to get the test to work.
Hope that helps

Right on, I was thinking about that as a solution after I read your post cause I know I had the coin door open. I'll try that tonight after work! Thanks!

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

edit: After thinking about it I went back into Adjustments > Sega and Adjustment 32 is coil power. I was able to adjust that with the door open with either the start button or the enter switch inside the door.

Hope that helps

#165 8 years ago

Hey guys, Jeff at Classic Arcades is looking into getting the artwork to make a new speaker panel plastic. I know I want one and was wondering who else would want one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he can find the art.

1 week later
#166 8 years ago

I thought I'd share these... I just installed some new LED black lights that I picked up on Amazon in the basement overhead cans.

BF_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpgBF_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpg

BF_playfield_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpgBF_playfield_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpg

BF_on_in_black_light_(resized).jpgBF_on_in_black_light_(resized).jpg

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I thought I'd share these... I just installed some new LED black lights that I picked up on Amazon in the basement overhead cans.

BF_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpgBF_playfield_off_in_black_light_(resized).jpgBF_on_in_black_light_(resized).jpg

I can dig it. I want to do my wireforms like that and light up the speakers too.

#168 8 years ago

Hey guys I just installed my custom blue shooter housing light up from Pinsider beatmaster. It looks GREAT on the game. As you know BF doesn't have a 12v outlet like the newer Sterns so I bought a 12v wall wort and plugged it into the service outlet and then plugged that into a DK 8 way distribution board and plugged the shooter light up into that. When I put my leg light-ups on the game they will plug into that board also and REALLY light up the front of the game. With the gun handle plate lit up there is less of a chance of banging into it also. Here are some pictures, the color is off and a bit dark because of the camera but it's a beautiful bright blue. Beatmaster only made 3 so if you want one contact him quick, I have one so only 2 left.

IMGA0321[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0321[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0323[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0324[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0324[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0325[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0325[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0326[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0326[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0328[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0328[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0330[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0330[1]_(resized).JPG

#169 8 years ago

Here's another way of getting 12v up front... Doug from speakerlightkits.com sold me his adapter for Sega that tapped the board. $10. Then I extended the wires, put on female pins and plug (Mezelmods), ran it to the front corner and plugged it into the DK 8.
1) Lighted flipper buttons
2) Lighted topper
3) Lighted speakers
4) Connection to Dr Pinball color screen

with 4 connections to spare...
5) Lighted shooter
6) Undercabinet LED lighting
7) ???
???

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Here's another way of getting 12v up front... Doug from speakerlightkits.com sold me his adapter for Sega that tapped the board. $10. Then I extended the wires, put on female pins and plug (Mezelmods), ran it to the front corner and plugged it into the DK 8.
1) Lighted flipper buttons
2) Lighted topper
3) Lighted speakers
4) Connection to Dr Pinball color screen
with 4 connections to spare...
5) Lighted shooter
6) Undercabinet LED lighting
7) ???
???

That's a good way too but I didn't want to stress the board, it's 20 years old and not getting any younger. My wall wort was only $10 too.

#171 8 years ago

Good point. Mine is a Rottendog replacement.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Good point. Mine is a Rottendog replacement.

Well yours should be good then, mine is still an original.

1 week later
#173 8 years ago

All the wireforms came back from the powder coaters today. They did a great job and now my ramps are perfect.

Anyone else doing anything with their game?

IMGA0339[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0339[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0341[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0341[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0340[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0340[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#174 8 years ago

Hi guys, I just modded beatmasters shooter light up. I found a place that sells clear plastic nuts and bolts so I got them and replaced the 6 nuts and bolts that hold the gun plate on. It turned out just like I imagined it would, all 6 bolt heads glow blue now. The bolts pick up the light from beatmasters lit plate as they pass through and transfers it to the bolt head. It really looks cool, here are some pictures.

IMGA0368[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0368[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0367[2]_(resized).JPGIMGA0367[2]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0365[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0365[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0366[1]_(resized).JPG

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hi guys, I just modded beatmasters shooter light up. I found a place that sells clear plastic nuts and bolts so I got them and replaced the 6 nuts and bolts that hold the gun plate on. It turned out just like I imagined it would, all 6 bolt heads glow blue now. The bolts pick up the light from beatmasters lit plate as they pass through and transfers it to the bolt head. It really looks cool, here are some pictures.

Very cool Paul...you're making me want to mod my BF even more! Where did you get the clear bolts/nuts?

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Very cool Paul...you're making me want to mod my BF even more! Where did you get the clear bolts/nuts?

I'm having a great time doing mine up, the previous owner can't believe it's the same game he sold me. I got the 1/4-20, 2 inch long bolts and nuts from E&T Fasteners, the sales reps name is Eric and his email is [email protected] and tell him you saw it on the forum and talked to me. I got 12 nuts and bolts just in case. The 2 inch length is probably to long but with beatmasters light up plate I wanted to go longer rather then have them be to short. If you want beatmasters light up plate he only made 3 and I got one so 2 left. One of the nice things about my light up plate and bolts is that I don't find myself banging into it because I can't see it so there's less chance of snapping the gun off.

#177 8 years ago

Your wireforms look awesome! That makes such a difference as the original wireforms are always all chipped up. Congrats and keep the pics coming.

1 week later
#178 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

All the wireforms came back from the powder coaters today. They did a great job and now my ramps are perfect.

They look great! By chance do they have fluorescence like the originals?

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

They look great! By chance do they have fluorescence like the originals?

Not that shade of green, there is a lime green but it looks a bit odd to me. Prizmatic has a clear the floures's (spelling?) but my coater said it was junk and would turn chalky. Gotta trust your coater right. To have mine done cost $175 locally.

3 weeks later
#180 8 years ago

I can finally join this club. Here's my initiation fee. These are to size.

Batmancards..jpgBatmancards..jpg

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I can finally join this club. Here's my initiation fee. These are to size.
Batmancards..jpg

Welcome to the club, those are REALLY nice. If my printer wasn't broken I'd print them out on nice photo paper. I hope your game is in nice shape and you get some ideas here for mods for your game. I'm trying to get Classic Arcades to remake the plastic speaker panel.

#182 8 years ago

Thanks Paul. It's a my only CL "barn find". Sat in a guys basement for 20 yrs. barely played. Still running 2.0 & hasn't been serviced since 2002. I found the tag in the back box. I'll post some pix after I finish it. Just fixed the batwing cannon last night. PF is real nice, cab has 1 scratch by the bats & 1 ding in Batman's right shoulder, no fade. Wire forms are not chipped. Had some acid damage from neglect. Cleaned it up & put in NVram. Installed the 5v update, but still has top line out on the dmd. Ramps are nice, small cracks by the screws. Plastics are nice, no breaks just a few of scratches. Nylon pegs on the cab have no damage & all the goodies were there. I think its HUO. My speaker panel is out of registration. Is that normal?

#183 8 years ago

That is quite the story, glad you "rescued" it. What a horrible fate to decay away down in someones basement. At least there were no dear animals in it. Find anything in the cab? Did you see my posts and pictures a ways back? If your interested in the gun plate light up with the clear bolts pm me and I can give ya the info.

1 week later
#184 8 years ago

Hi guys, awfully quiet here so I'll make some noise. Just finished my led Bat Plane mod, turned out really nice. Still have some tweeking to do but you get the idea.

IMGA0395[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0395[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0416[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0416[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0417[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0417[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0418[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0418[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0419[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0419[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0420[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0420[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0421[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0421[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0422[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0422[1]_(resized).JPG

#185 8 years ago

Lookin good! Will it flash with the current bulb when loaded or connect to GI?

#186 8 years ago

Super cool

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Lookin good! Will it flash with the current bulb when loaded or connect to GI?

Not the gi, that's 6.3v this is 12v so I'd have to wire it to a flasher for it to flash. I have 5 of the laser cut plastics cut if anyone would like to try their hand at making one.

1 week later
#188 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not the gi, that's 6.3v this is 12v so I'd have to wire it to a flasher for it to flash. I have 5 of the laser cut plastics cut if anyone would like to try their hand at making one.

Joining the club today as I took home a BF over the weekend. I definitely need to come up with some lighting mods (the batwing totally needs something IMO, and I also have a GI issue near the B-A-T rollovers) and wow do I like this idea above. If you're selling the routed bat plates, this may be worth a try.

#189 8 years ago

Hey Welcome to the club, glad you like my idea for the plane. I've been tweaking the design and am not that happy about how the plastic is lighting up. Routing out for the strips (2) doesn't give me the light intensity on the edges so I'll have to try having the led channel laser cut all the way through the plastic so that the strips will actually sit completly in the channel which will pump some of the light directly into the plastic and not depend entirely on reflected light bouncing off the silver underside of the plane.

Also you'll see that I had to sand down the tail of the plane because using the 1/4 inch thick plastic caused it to rub on the glass. 1/8th inch plastic would be to thin and I would have the same problem of the plastic not lighting intensly enough as with the routed plastic.

This is a fairly complex problem of light reflection, refraction and absorption that I have to work out.

Here are pictures of the top, bottom side with aluminum duct tape to reflect light back up into the plastic, the top, underside of the plane with more aluminum duct tape to reflect light back into the plastic and a picture of the sanded down tail. I'm also not done painting the plane.

It's a work in progress but it deffenitly looks cool (I used red leds) lit up, it's just not lit up enough. I want it lit like my LED Leg Light-Ups I have for sale. Now THEY are lit up.

If you would like a shooter plate light up like mine but without the plastic bolts (I can tell you where to get them) contact Pinsider beatmaster, he has a couple left.

IMGA0425[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0425[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0426[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0426[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0429[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0429[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0427[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0427[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0428[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0428[1]_(resized).JPG

#190 8 years ago

Nice speed tape Paul, aircraft appropriate. Working on a mod for the box/housing that the Batplane is mounted on.

#191 8 years ago

It'd be nice if Stern did a run of some parts on this game. I'd love to pick up 2 sets of ramps.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Nice speed tape Paul, aircraft appropriate. Working on a mod for the box/housing that the Batplane is mounted on.

That sounds interesting, keep us informed.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It'd be nice if Stern did a run of some parts on this game. I'd love to pick up 2 sets of ramps.

Tell me about it. If freeplay40 was a bigger operation other then just one guy there would be a good chance it would happen.

1 week later
#194 8 years ago

Hi guys, anyone have any high rez (so I can zoom in) glass off pictures of this area of the playfield. I waited to long to put the new powder coated ramps on and I forgot how stuff goes back together. My camera was on the fritz so I couldn't take any pictures. Thanks for any help.

IMGA0433[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0433[1]_(resized).JPG

#195 8 years ago

Had a helluva time myself. Here is what I have... See a few open holes, but can't match them... might be modded or drilled from previous owner...

IMG_1629_(resized).JPGIMG_1629_(resized).JPG

IMG_1632_(resized).JPGIMG_1632_(resized).JPG

IMG_1635_(resized).JPGIMG_1635_(resized).JPG

IMG_1638_(resized).JPGIMG_1638_(resized).JPG

#196 8 years ago

There should be a clear plastic that goes to the left of the green wire ramp and to the right of the mini-ramp. Then the super jackpot sits over the mini-ramp and the rest of the clear behind the green ramp.

IMG_1803_(resized).jpgIMG_1803_(resized).jpg

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Had a helluva time myself. Here is what I have... See a few open holes, but can't match them... might be modded or drilled from previous owner...

IMG_1629_(resized).JPGIMG_1632_(resized).JPGIMG_1635_(resized).JPGIMG_1638_(resized).JPG

Thanks guys, that's what I needed and hd60609 it looks like you have a home made Super Jackpot sign.

#199 8 years ago

I'm have a weird power issue to my flippers. They barely move when the button is hit. They register in test mode. No power to kickback or the auto plunger either.

SDB issue?

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks guys, that's what I needed and hd60609 it looks like you have a home made Super Jackpot sign.

Yes. The one that was there off route was horrible. Used some pet-g, sprayed it yellow on the backside, then coated it with white. Printed a sticker for the front and my guests aren't the wiser. I was able to pick up a NOS Super Jackpot sign off ebay a while back... Just haven't installed it yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.