IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 25.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

And my last custom card printed. Sorry for delay
"Batman Forever Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (SEGA) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Batman%20Forever%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew%20print1.jpg
"Batman Forever Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (SEGA) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Batman%20Forever%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew%20print2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
For to check desing of my "Batman Forever Custom rules Card", here is original post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/13#post-4556333
Regards

Would you please share your printable file?

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from CRPIT:

Maybe someone could help me. I recently bought my BF a couple of months ago and I had all sort of problems due to lack of maintenance, passing through a blurry display (I was able to replace), Flippers that didn't work (problem on control board beneath the playfield, Lazy flippers (flippers mount lose) and I was able to fix it all. My old lady is now just fine, but there’s one thing that is making me crazy: What Robin says when the ball goes right through south and the ball is saved? Not asking about laser kick.

See post #882

#904 3 years ago

Or POST #180

#905 3 years ago

Need help from the club. I was getting random resets during game play. Researched it and found a lot of information about the 5volt variance that can cause these random resets.

I reflowed the connectors on my original power supply and reseated the wires in the plugs. My resets significantly decreased to happening only occasionally. But after a restoration, I didn't feel like living with this. So I bought the capacitor rebuild kit for the large display Sega Power Supplies. My soldering skills are above average (so I thought, definitely with reconsider). After installing the kit, board work is quite a bit different than switches and coils, my Power Supply didn't even boot up the game. But I was thinking this was going to happen.

So I ordered a new Power Supply for large displays from Marco. It came in and it worked perfect! Everything good, so I thought. After a few days of games, my daughter says "Dad, the screen's blanking out again and resetting". I pressed on the CN6 plug and the game started freaking out. Random call outs and sounds, so I figured I found a loose connection.

I pulled the plug, reseated the wires, and plugged it in several times. The game boots normal, lighting comes, I hear "Suppose we flip" but then the craziness starts. The game actually starts, switches begin firing, even "Slam Tilt" comes on the display (I do not have the slam tilt connected). I tried a factory reset. Same issues occurring, but instead of the game starting, the credits increase, then a game starts and more credits start flashing on the display as if someone constantly depressing the start button.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks

#906 3 years ago

We should do a crowd fund to purchase those NOS ramps and have them reproduced.

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We should do a crowd fund to purchase those NOS ramps and have them reproduced.

id be in for an extra set

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

id be in for an extra set

Me too!

2 weeks later
#909 3 years ago

Looking for input:
The "C" light on my drop targets has gone out.
Did the obvious, changed the bulb and changed socket.
Still dark. Do you suppose it might need a reflow or perhaps a
component on the board has gone out?
Not the most technically inclined but hoping this is easy enough
for recto rectify.
Thanks in advance

#910 3 years ago

Every time I thought it was something more serious, like the board, it was something much more simple.

Check the twist-in black light socket. Remove the socket. Sometimes the metal tabs that connect to the board once twisted in, can become a little flat and don't maintain good contact. Make sure the tabs are clean and free of corrosion. Wipe them with alcohol. Hit them with some fine sand paper, if needed. Then bend them up just a little. You can use your fingers or a small flat head if needed. Enough to make good contact. Inset the light. Make sure the wire leads on each side of the light are aligned and make good contact with the inside of the socket. Twist it in and you should feel a little resistance - good contact.

If it doesn't light, try reversing the light in the socket. Most bulbs don't matter, but I have come across some that are polarized (or maybe they didn't seat correctly until I did the opposite way).

If this doesn't work, then look at the solder tracing on the board that the socket twists into. Clean it with alcohol on a Q-tip with the game off, of course. Occasionally the solder rim can flatten and waer down/oxidize, making the connection weak and not light.

#911 3 years ago

Hey Guys, asking this for a mate who is not on Pinside. Does this machine have a spare connector on the loom inside the cab where you can source 12V and Ground for a mod? I know quite a few of the later Data East's do and it's usually above or close to the power switch box on the front right of the cab. Either that or maybe a connector for a bill validator perhaps? I had a look at the manual online and couldn't seem to spot anything, possibly just overlooked it maybe. Thanks in advance

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Every time I thought it was something more serious, like the board, it was something much more simple.
Check the twist-in black light socket. Remove the socket. Sometimes the metal tabs that connect to the board once twisted in, can become a little flat and don't maintain good contact. Make sure the tabs are clean and free of corrosion. Wipe them with alcohol. Hit them with some fine sand paper, if needed. Then bend them up just a little. You can use your fingers or a small flat head if needed. Enough to make good contact. Inset the light. Make sure the wire leads on each side of the light are aligned and make good contact with the inside of the socket. Twist it in and you should feel a little resistance - good contact.
If it doesn't light, try reversing the light in the socket. Most bulbs don't matter, but I have come across some that are polarized (or maybe they didn't seat correctly until I did the opposite way).
If this doesn't work, then look at the solder tracing on the board that the socket twists into. Clean it with alcohol on a Q-tip with the game off, of course. Occasionally the solder rim can flatten and waer down/oxidize, making the connection weak and not light.

Some good information.
Next time my son stops by and we can pull it out and take the glass off
to get into it, will try all you suggest. Hope something works to get that
pesky light to um... light.
Thanks!

#913 3 years ago

Found these little gems on eBay & couldn’t resist. Will see how they look sitting on top of the head box something a bit different.

FF6AEFB5-D4DD-48DA-9BE9-179D7B2D9BD9 (resized).jpegFF6AEFB5-D4DD-48DA-9BE9-179D7B2D9BD9 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#914 3 years ago

Have another set of NOS ramps. 1st set went to Texas. PM if interested thanks!

#915 3 years ago

Farewell Batman Forever Club.
Left today as it was sold to a good home,
Jayg1981 in Iowa. I will certainly miss it!

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Farewell Batman Forever Club.
Left today as it was sold to a good home,
Jayg1981 in Iowa. I will certainly miss it!

It is supposed to be FOREVER!!!

#917 3 years ago

Hey Batman Forever Club!
Looking at cleaning up my game and putting a new DMD and giving it some love. At this point it looks like some of my bulb bases are not working and there's a stranger mixture of LED and older bulbs. Looking at cleaning all that up and replacing what is new. It also seems that the wiring for the super jackpot is missing so I will be checking that out as well. Also all the pop bumper lights seem to be out will have to check some wiring there. When replacing all the bulbs do I have to dismantle the whole playfield or just parts?

what's your favorite mods? I thought about putting some lights behind the back skyline to get some more light across the game. I also considered mirrored blades but am worried they will scratch as the playfield needs to be worked on.

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Have another set of NOS ramps. 1st set went to Texas. PM if interested thanks!

We need to get these reproduced.

How do we go about doing this?

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Hey Batman Forever Club!
Looking at cleaning up my game and putting a new DMD and giving it some love. At this point it looks like some of my bulb bases are not working and there's a stranger mixture of LED and older bulbs. Looking at cleaning all that up and replacing what is new. It also seems that the wiring for the super jackpot is missing so I will be checking that out as well. Also all the pop bumper lights seem to be out will have to check some wiring there. When replacing all the bulbs do I have to dismantle the whole playfield or just parts?
what's your favorite mods? I thought about putting some lights behind the back skyline to get some more light across the game. I also considered mirrored blades but am worried they will scratch as the playfield needs to be worked on.

The ColorDMD and LED lights made my game look fantastic! I put on side blades but have to be very careful when lifting the playfield as it's really tight.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The ColorDMD and LED lights made my game look fantastic! I put on side blades but have to be very careful when lifting the playfield as it's really tight.

Can you share pics of those side blades with the club? I always wanted them but was hesitant about getting them... didn't know if they added much. Thanks.

#921 3 years ago

Here you go. I only got them to cover up a very scuffed up side. It's not even worth showing the other side because you cannot see it. Lol.

IMG_20200831_212033 (resized).jpgIMG_20200831_212033 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200831_212053 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200831_212053 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#922 3 years ago

Continuing to update all the lights and bulbs in my BF and the start and tournament buttons aren’t lighting up. I noticed it has a resistor on each bulb prong is this normal? Also looking for a replacement since it seems the bases for the lamps aren’t working.

#923 3 years ago

LED ColorDMD?

#924 3 years ago

yea was going to replace with a colorDMD.

#925 3 years ago

Looking for some help. There is a string of flashers on the back of the play field and even with replacing sockets and bulbs the last bulb is still not flashing and lighting up dim in the middle. Any suggestions? I used a multimeter to check connectivity and didn’t see any issues after soldering new socket.

C2D27406-9A47-4917-9641-4593A070B7A9 (resized).jpegC2D27406-9A47-4917-9641-4593A070B7A9 (resized).jpeg
#926 3 years ago

When I have had that exact thing happen, all out except the two in the center, it was simply that the LED bulb went bad. Try a different, working bulb in that socket.

#927 3 years ago

Update on this I got it working! It was a badly crimped wire connecting to the cpu. So it wasn’t getting enough voltage.

Quoted from Maverick87:

Looking for some help. There is a string of flashers on the back of the play field and even with replacing sockets and bulbs the last bulb is still not flashing and lighting up dim in the middle. Any suggestions? I used a multimeter to check connectivity and didn’t see any issues after soldering new socket.
[quoted image]

#928 3 years ago

My Batman Forever got a face-lift courtesy of Curt at Portland Pinball Repair. Color Dmd, mirror blades, metallic green powder coated rails and legs, and a bunch of upgraded led lighting .

20200920_144350 (resized).jpg20200920_144350 (resized).jpg
#929 3 years ago

Finally got her back on the line. Does anyone make plastic question marks for the speakers? I'd love to light up the speakers ,and thought it would be cool to have some plastic question marks inside. Also thinking of adding green apple T moulding to the head.

20200924_153017 (resized).jpg20200924_153017 (resized).jpg20200924_153031 (resized).jpg20200924_153031 (resized).jpg
#930 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

For those interested in a little background, we based the game on the original script which had all of what's in this article and more. We even had clips of many of the scenes.
https://bit.ly/3iHM8br
Three days before the theatrical release we got to see the finished film. When it was over, the game team was stunned. We looked at each other. WTF was THAT? Key scenes were missing, many scenes were (to us) completely out of order, other scenes had been replaced with very obvious cost-driven shortcuts, etc.
I gotta run here in a few, so let me give you one tidbit now and save a really great one for another time.
One of the deleted scenes came after the Riddler had kidnapped Chase Meridian and had her in his lair near the end of the film. It was shortly after she told him "Batman will come for me" and he replied with "I'm counting on it!" The Riddler originally went on to say "Nighty night, sweetheart!" - and then pulled out an oversized syringe containing a glowing green liquid. He then plunged its prominently large needle into Chase's neck and injected her, knocking her out immediately. Apparently too dark for Warner Bros. (and perhaps even more likely for a Burger King cup.)
But given production lead times and the fact the factory had been ramping up production ahead of the film's official release, the playfields had been finalized and manufactured long before we saw the final movie. So if you look just to the right of the upper pair of Two Face's coin standup targets, you'll see the Riddler about to use that syringe on Chase.

TheRudyB --- still waiting for that follow up longer story!!!

#931 3 years ago

Love this game!

20200924_190729 (resized).jpg20200924_190729 (resized).jpg
#932 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

therudyb --- still waiting for that follow up longer story!!!

I’ve got several of them. Fortunately I can tell one of the longer ones a lot faster now, so I’ll save the other one that needs a little more description for another time. So ...

The original opening of the movie was naturally a lot darker before the suits at Warner Bros. decided to tone it down/candy it up for the kiddies. You could find it on the extra stuff on the DVD, but I just recently found the 2010 version had been posted on YouTube, so instead of me spending time describing it for those who haven’t seen it, you can watch it for yourself. It’s not exactly the one the game team worked with, but it shows my main point:

The wall scrawl (with accompanying sound effects) seen in this opening was originally the opening animation you’d see on the dot matrix display when you started a game. It was one of the first animations completed and coded into the game as it was being developed. It looked great and it stayed there ... until we saw that early preview showing of the film.

Our jaws hit the floor. Where the hell did THAT opening go? WTF? (Sadly, that was just our first WTF? in a torrent of them to follow.)

But since it was no longer in the cut of movie released to the theaters, we had to take it out of the game. That’s why the game just has Two-Face saying “Let’s start this party with a bang!” and going directly to the skill shot/selection animation.

From that day forward, we started saying that the movie got “royally Schumachered” (all the more appropriate as the name of the doctor in that opening in the script was ‘“Dr. Burton.”)

Hope that will hold ya’ll for a little while.

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Love this game!
[quoted image]

Game looks awesome, what have you used for the GI lighting?

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Finally got her back on the line. Does anyone make plastic question marks for the speakers? I'd love to light up the speakers ,and thought it would be cool to have some plastic question marks inside. Also thinking of adding green apple T moulding to the head.
[quoted image][quoted image]

All your machines look awesome all lined up & powder coated. Just wondering why the coin doors weren’t done at the same time. Great setup you have.

#935 3 years ago

I scanned the playfield at 300dpi if anyone ever needs them let me know.

#936 3 years ago

Its always tempting however I own all the newer stern Limited edition Machines and none of the coin doors are powder coated. In fact the only Machine I own with a powder coated door is Medeviel Madness Royal Edition. Its black so still looks nice with the rest. I just like everything looking uniform for the most part, and I think it would be difficult to match some of sterns Limited Edition powder coating to do all of those coin doors as well.

Quoted from Terminatrix:

All your machines look awesome all lined up & powder coated. Just wondering why the coin doors weren’t done at the same time. Great setup you have.

#937 3 years ago

A modified version of pinballbulbs.com kit. We added a few extra spot lights as well.

Quoted from Jasonba:

Game looks awesome, what have you used for the GI lighting?

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

A modified version of pinballbulbs.com kit. We added a few extra spot lights as well.

Oh cool, Thanks. I've been considering using their kit as well

1 week later
#939 3 years ago

Finished cleaning the play field and replacing all lamps with LEDs. Very happy with how it all turned out. Also replaced all the bands with UV bands and added some UV bulbs in some areas.
May eventually do some side art or mirror blades.

739483A3-A379-4D79-BD97-69FC6AD13E4F (resized).jpeg739483A3-A379-4D79-BD97-69FC6AD13E4F (resized).jpegF26D43F8-3D24-46EB-84D7-FCDBE54308F6 (resized).jpegF26D43F8-3D24-46EB-84D7-FCDBE54308F6 (resized).jpeg
#940 3 years ago

Looks nice. Great job!

2 weeks later
#941 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Oddly on my color dmd sonic is green?? The rest of all the animations look great though.

IMG_20201028_191859 (resized).jpgIMG_20201028_191859 (resized).jpg
#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Just joined the club. Oddly on my color dmd sonic is green?? The rest of all the animations look great though.
[quoted image]

Is there a timer that displays on the DMD? Could be the same ROM issue I had.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is there a timer that displays on the DMD? Could be the same ROM issue I had.

Not quite sure what you mean..don't see anything like that..

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Not quite sure what you mean..don't see anything like that..

I had an operator-only ROM on my game that had a timer counting down on the screen. It threw everything off with the colors. Check out this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/17#post-5667076

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

Can you snap a pic of it? I'm curious as to why that scene would be uncolored. It should look like this:

https://images.pinside.com/4/72/472eacd8cf11c1ebc2b1193f511d89a9c3ef49d8/resized/large/472eacd8cf11c1ebc2b1193f511d89a9c3ef49d8.png

What game rom version are you on? I colored for 2.xx and 4.02 (I didn't have 3 to test with)

Sega (resized).PNGSega (resized).PNG
#946 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Can you snap a pic of it? I'm curious as to why that scene would be uncolored. It should look like this:
https://images.pinside.com/4/72/472eacd8cf11c1ebc2b1193f511d89a9c3ef49d8/resized/large/472eacd8cf11c1ebc2b1193f511d89a9c3ef49d8.png
What game rom version are you on? I colored for 2.xx and 4.02 (I didn't have 3 to test with)[quoted image]

IMG_20201102_190351 (resized).jpgIMG_20201102_190351 (resized).jpg
#947 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

lol.

I wonder how many people are running the game with the colors wrong.

Go into the colorDMD menu and switch from RGB to BGR to whichever and see the colors as I intended

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

lol.
I wonder how many people are running the game with the colors wrong.
Go into the colorDMD menu and switch from RGB to BGR to whichever and see the colors as I intended

Just did..well..that looks a little better now ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ thanks!

#949 3 years ago

Must admit I had the same issue for a while until I worked it out - so why are there 2 settings on the switch ?

2 weeks later
#950 3 years ago

Picked up a BF and it needs lighting updates. I've looked at the pinball bulbs kit but don't like the purple GI. Are most of you going with this kit or doing comet bulbs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/19?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.