IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I had the random resets as well. It was happening quite often. Sometimes the display would just scramble, but that seemed to be better when I reseated the ribbon cables. But the game reset, especially noticeable in the middle of multiball making me think it was mechanical shaking. I reseated the power connectors often, but then ended up reflowing the connectors on the power supply. It is now much better, but still happens every couple weeks.
I am strongly considering getting a new power supply. Which did you end up getting and from which vendor? Are you happy with it? I was going to go with the one specifically made for the large displays, but I am running a 12v Dr Pinball LCD display and may eventually switch to the Color DMD LCD. So I was considering the Rottendog power supply that doesn't have the higher voltage going to the DMD board.
I was also going to purchase the new capacitor kit for the large DMDs, reflow the fuse clip holders and keep the original power supply as a spare. Anyone redo the capacitors? Does it really help?

Here is the power supply I purchased. A few people told me I'd save a lot of money rebuilding the board but I didn't want to fry my son's game on my first restore. Thus, I just purchased a new board. I've had no issues at all. The color DMD doesn't use as much power as the legacy DMD.

Power Supply

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Here is the power supply I purchased. A few people told me I'd save a lot of money rebuilding the board but I didn't want to fry my son's game on my first restore. Thus, I just purchased a new board. I've had no issues at all. The color DMD doesn't use as much power as the legacy DMD.
Power Supply

The original dmd uses the 18v power and has a built in transformer that steps it up to the HV the screen requires to light. It's actually the dmd controller board that draws a lot of current. I am sure the color dmd uses less current but the display was never a current draw issue, only the display controller board.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

The original dmd uses the 18v power and has a built in transformer that steps it up to the HV the screen requires to light. It's actually the dmd controller board that draws a lot of current. I am sure the color dmd uses less current but the display was never a current draw issue, only the display controller board.

This is what was so confusing for me. I would love your opinion. Here are the links to power supplies listed on K's arcade website for "Batman Forever".

This is the one I was leaning toward and glad to hear Looprunner had great luck with it. I was nervous because it doesn't list a brand or manufacturer but it clearly states it's for the Sega Large Displays.

https://ksarcade.net/new-replacement-power-supply-520-5047-03.html

This one is by Gulf Pinball and I am unfamiliar with them. It clearly does not list any Sega Large Displays on the front of the board, but the "Tech Note" says that it is fine for Sega Large Displays.

https://ksarcade.net/new-replacement-power-supply-for-data-east-520-5047-00.html

So if the above power supply is OK, then I was thinking this one should be OK as well. I am familiar with Rottendog and have been pleased with prior purchases. I love the fact that they list the voltages next to the connector pins on this board. But it also does not list Sega Large Displays on the front of this board. If you click the "Game Capability" tab for this board, it lists all of the Sega Large Display games as well as the others.

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-power-supply-data-east-520-5047-00-dps005.html

I have been extremely hesitant to proceed because years ago I purchased a new power supply for a Data East Jurassic Park and it literally fried my MPU. Board was also supposed to be compatible with BF so I tried it here and fried that MPU. A technician told me later that it was a faulty power supply. Thus my hesitation.

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This is the one I was leaning toward and glad to hear Looprunner had great luck with it. I was nervous because it doesn't list a brand or manufacturer but it clearly states it's for the Sega Large Displays.

I was nervous about this as well but I really trust Marcos. If you call them they may tell you the manufacturer. I assumed it may be a white label situation.

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This is what was so confusing for me. I would love your opinion. Here are the links to power supplies listed on K's arcade website for "Batman Forever".
This one is by Gulf Pinball and I am unfamiliar with them. It clearly does not list any Sega Large Displays on the front of the board, but the "Tech Note" says that it is fine for Sega Large Displays.
https://ksarcade.net/new-replacement-power-supply-for-data-east-520-5047-00.html
So if the above power supply is OK, then I was thinking this one should be OK as well. I am familiar with Rottendog and have been pleased with prior purchases. I love the fact that they list the voltages next to the connector pins on this board. But it also does not list Sega Large Displays on the front of this board. If you click the "Game Capability" tab for this board, it lists all of the Sega Large Display games as well as the others.
https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-power-supply-data-east-520-5047-00-dps005.html
I have been extremely hesitant to proceed because years ago I purchased a new power supply for a Data East Jurassic Park and it literally fried my MPU. Board was also supposed to be compatible with BF so I tried it here and fried that MPU. A technician told me later that it was a faulty power supply. Thus my hesitation.

You do not want to fix the bad fuse connectors on your current one first? I would go that route first before buying a replacement. But yes the 520-5047-**03** is the correct power supply for this game. I would not use the -00 or -02 because I do not know the differences between the generations.

#856 3 years ago

Thank you. I will check out the fuse connectors first. If necessary, I will go with the power supply that Looprunner used and stay away from "off label" use.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

If they are fuses for your 5v then when the dmd turns on its drawing the voltage too low and resetting everything. The on board fuse clips are notorious for breaking and causing weak connections which drops the voltage. You need to replace the fuse clips.
The large dmd controller board draws upward of 1.2A. Try unplugging the red/black wire that goes to J1 on the display controller. It’s directly attached to the back of the dmd. See if it can turn on and start a game etc. I know you won’t see anything but see if the mpu boots and stays on.
Know how to solder?

I'll try this when I get home. I'm pretty amateur with my soldering skills. But practice makes perfect right?

#858 3 years ago

Another noob question. The machine still has old bulbs in it if I want to upgrade to LEDs do I just swap them out or do I need to upgrade something else in the machine to use them?

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Alright I reseated the z connector no dice. I did however notice that a few of the fuse holder clips on the power supply board were extremely wiggly and looks like they might break. Anymore suggestions on possible solutions?

if you press slightly downward on the fuse. If it spreads out, then you know you have bad clips and they will have to be swapped out. Happens to me on DE all the time.

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you press slightly downward on the fuse. If it spreads out, then you know you have bad clips and they will have to be swapped out. Happens to me on DE all the time.

Thats definitely happening with 3 of them on the power supply.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Another noob question. The machine still has old bulbs in it if I want to upgrade to LEDs do I just swap them out or do I need to upgrade something else in the machine to use them?

you can just replace them with LED's.

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Thats definitely happening with 3 of them on the power supply.

those have to be replaced. That's where all your problems are coming from.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Like Langless28 mentioned, you can just swap them out. For my first restore I just bought a kit on Marco's website. I know a lot of people use Comet LED lights but Marcos had a kit that laid out where all the lights should go. It turned out fantastic! It looks so much better with the lights.

#864 3 years ago

These are the 1/4 clips correct? Not the 5mm? Looking at what I need to buy to fix this guy.

IMG_20200617_183248 (resized).jpgIMG_20200617_183248 (resized).jpg
#865 3 years ago

I think it's these

https://www.pinballlife.com/pcb-fuse-clips-for-14-diameter-fuses.html

pbl-600-0030-00 fuse clip (resized).jpgpbl-600-0030-00 fuse clip (resized).jpg
#867 3 years ago

You also can send the original power supply to ChrisHibler for repair. I would also replace all the capacitors.

#868 3 years ago

Does anybody have a crime spree insert they would like to part with as well as the back playfield plastic

#869 3 years ago

Figured since there are a few new owners since the last time I asked. Does anyone have the capability to scan part of their cabinet art? The front of my cabinet is terrible and I need to make new artwork for stencils or a waterslide.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Figured since there are a few new owners since the last time I asked. Does anyone have the capability to scan part of their cabinet art? The front of my cabinet is terrible and I need to make new artwork for stencils or a waterslide.

Mines got awesome artwork still. I don't have the equipment to scan tho. If you're ever in AZ you can use mine to get your stencils.

#871 3 years ago

So I pulled the PS off today to solder new fuse clips in and noticed alot of bulging on the backside of the board. Is this common?

IMG_20200623_172910 (resized).jpgIMG_20200623_172910 (resized).jpg
#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

So I pulled the PS off today to solder new fuse clips in and noticed alot of bulging on the backside of the board. Is this common?
[quoted image]

Typical

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

[quoted image]

That's a result of the factory soldering process. Nothing to worry about.

#874 3 years ago

Alright I changed out the bad fuse holders/fuses in the power supply. No luck machine is doing exactly what it did before that.

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Arrakis:

Alright I changed out the bad fuse holders/fuses in the power supply. No luck machine is doing exactly what it did before that.

Do you have a multimeter to measure the voltages off the board? Especially the 5v?

#876 3 years ago

I noticed when I hit the flippers that sometimes the slingshot fires and the purple light goes off near the flipper. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen, correct?

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I noticed when I hit the flippers that sometimes the slingshot fires and the purple light goes off near the flipper. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen, correct?

First check the obvious. If one of the switches under the sling is really, really close to being closed, then the violent snap of the flipper can shake it and it will fire. Next, replace the purple bulb to see if it's a bulb or socket issue...

#878 3 years ago

Think I finally found my issue. A bat without wings found the power cord.

IMG_20200625_181615 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_181615 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_181630 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_181630 (resized).jpg
#879 3 years ago

Nevermind clipped off the rat damage and still the same results

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

First check the obvious. If one of the switches under the sling is really, really close to being closed, then the violent snap of the flipper can shake it and it will fire. Next, replace the purple bulb to see if it's a bulb or socket issue...

Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm guessing it is just something shaking it and causing it to fire. I'll check the switch.

#881 3 years ago

Does anyone knows what Robin says after a ball save?

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from CRPIT:

Doesn't he ask....what's a cool sidekick name?

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from CRPIT:

"I saved your life - you owe me!"

#884 3 years ago

i'm sure most here already have this game, but if you are looking to upgrade your current one. I ended up putting mine up for sale. I've had the game for about 10 years, maybe more. very very nice example.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-forever-w-color-dmd-9-piece-armor-set

1 week later
#885 3 years ago

I recently listed a new old stock green ramp set. See link:

ebay.com link: itm

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I recently listed a new old stock green ramp set. See link:
ebay.com link

O wow. I’m sure this will make a BF owner with destroyed ramps very very happy!

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

O wow. I’m sure this will make a BF owner with destroyed ramps very very happy!

Quite a rare find for sure! A few years ago I found a NOS TMNT ramp fully populated with flaps, decals, switches, wiring etc, plug and play! Super rare score!!!

#888 3 years ago

For those interested in a little background, we based the game on the original script which had all of what's in this article and more. We even had clips of many of the scenes.

https://bit.ly/3iHM8br

Three days before the theatrical release we got to see the finished film. When it was over, the game team was stunned. We looked at each other. WTF was THAT? Key scenes were missing, many scenes were (to us) completely out of order, other scenes had been replaced with very obvious cost-driven shortcuts, etc.

I gotta run here in a few, so let me give you one tidbit now and save a really great one for another time.

One of the deleted scenes came after the Riddler had kidnapped Chase Meridian and had her in his lair near the end of the film. It was shortly after she told him "Batman will come for me" and he replied with "I'm counting on it!" The Riddler originally went on to say "Nighty night, sweetheart!" - and then pulled out an oversized syringe containing a glowing green liquid. He then plunged its prominently large needle into Chase's neck and injected her, knocking her out immediately. Apparently too dark for Warner Bros. (and perhaps even more likely for a Burger King cup.)

But given production lead times and the fact the factory had been ramping up production ahead of the film's official release, the playfields had been finalized and manufactured long before we saw the final movie. So if you look just to the right of the upper pair of Two Face's coin standup targets, you'll see the Riddler about to use that syringe on Chase.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

For those interested in a little background, we based the game on the original script which had all of what's in this article and more. We even had clips of many of the scenes.
Three days before the theatrical release we got to see the finished film. When it was over, the game team was stunned. We looked at each other. WTF was THAT? Key scenes were missing, many scenes were (to us) completely out of order, other scenes had been replaced with very obvious cost-driven shortcuts, etc.
I gotta run here in a few, so let me give you one tidbit now and save a really great one for another time.
One of the deleted scenes came after the Riddler had kidnapped Chase Meridian and had her in his lair near the end of the film. It was the shortly after she told him "Batman will come for me" and he replied with "I'm counting on it!" The Riddler originally went on to say "Nighty night, sweetheart!" - and then pulled out an oversized syringe containing a glowing green liquid. He then plunged its prominently large needle into Chase's neck and injected her, knocking her out immediately. Apparently too dark for Warner Bros. (and perhaps even more likely for a Burger King cup.)
But given production lead times and the fact the factory was had been ramping up production ahead of the film's official release, the playfields had been finalized and manufactured long before we saw the final movie. So if you look just to the right of the upper pair of Two Face's coin standup targets, you'll see the Riddler about to use that syringe on Chase.

That's very interesting. My boys and I were looking at the playfield when we got the game and I did not remember the syringe. Keep the tidbits coming!

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

One of the deleted scenes came after the Riddler had kidnapped Chase Meridian and had her in his lair near the end of the film. It was shortly after she told him "Batman will come for me" and he replied with "I'm counting on it!" The Riddler originally went on to say "Nighty night, sweetheart!" - and then pulled out an oversized syringe containing a glowing green liquid. He then plunged its prominently large needle into Chase's neck and injected her, knocking her out immediately. Apparently too dark for Warner Bros. (and perhaps even more likely for a Burger King cup.)
But given production lead times and the fact the factory had been ramping up production ahead of the film's official release, the playfields had been finalized and manufactured long before we saw the final movie. So if you look just to the right of the upper pair of Two Face's coin standup targets, you'll see the Riddler about to use that syringe on Chase.

Wow, that's so interesting!
Have you seen my previous posts about my game possibly being an early run? I would love it if you could, possibly, shine some light on it.

#892 3 years ago

Does anyone have a display or color display to sell me for Batman forever?

#893 3 years ago

I just pulled the plasma DMD out of mine to put in color DMD. My DMD worked perfect.

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have a display or color display to sell me for Batman forever?

I have two Large DMD for sale. A used Cherry $225 & a new Dale $375. OBO. No lines out. Just pulled the Cherry from my BF. Loving my new ColorDMD & never going back.

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I have two Large DMD for sale. A used Cherry $225 & a new Dale $375. OBO. No lines out. Just pulled the Cherry from my BF. Loving my new ColorDMD & never going back.

It's pretty amazing. Worth every penny!

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I sent you a pm

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I sent you a pm

I returned your PM.

#898 3 years ago

Maybe someone could help me. I recently bought my BF a couple of months ago and I had all sort of problems due to lack of maintenance, passing through a blurry display (I was able to replace), Flippers that didn't work (problem on control board beneath the playfield, Lazy flippers (flippers mount lose) and I was able to fix it all. My old lady is now just fine, but there’s one thing that is making me crazy: What Robin says when the ball goes right through south and the ball is saved? Not asking about laser kick.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

I have a problem with the third flipper. I hadn't turned on the machine for a month or two. Previously it was working 100%. Now when the ball kicks into the shooter lane, the 3rd flipper slowly moves until it's fully extended and stays there until the ball drains, at which time it instantly drops back to where it belongs. Next ball, it start over again, rinse repeat. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem and it was basically the connector from the control board on the right side of the cabinet beneath the playfield.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I encorage myself to design a custom pinball cards for this pinball. I finished with rules card. All opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome! I hope you like!
"Batman Forever Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Batman%20Forever%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Batman Forever Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (SEGA). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Batman%20Forever%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

It would be great to have the original file to print. Would you share the source?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/18?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.