IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 4 years ago

Put this topper on today. A licensed DC comics Bat signal & before anyone says its the wrong Bat logo yes I know - comes with 3 interchangeable Bats & of course mine was missing 1 of 3 Bats. Apart from that I think it’s pretty cool & looks better at night shining on the ceiling as well.

244140E4-D540-438F-AD26-469F8668E299 (resized).jpeg244140E4-D540-438F-AD26-469F8668E299 (resized).jpeg
#752 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

I put these on last week & they look awesome. Took pictures to put up but very hard to see how good they look in real life. Had a bit of trouble taking the bat wing off & on - & the top right one required longer screws after installing but well worth it for a cheap mod

Post those pics!

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Post those pics!

Here’s one I took last week I’ll try to get better ones later

2EBA3061-7637-4508-B987-6BE94FA55D97 (resized).jpeg2EBA3061-7637-4508-B987-6BE94FA55D97 (resized).jpeg9957C11D-02A4-45DF-BB74-D430B84A31B7 (resized).jpeg9957C11D-02A4-45DF-BB74-D430B84A31B7 (resized).jpeg
#754 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Frosted or clear dome?

I'll be putting in frosted red 2smd. I just wanted confirmation that there should be 3 red lamps there. I'm re-assembling my game today.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'll be putting in frosted red 2smd. I just wanted confirmation that there should be 3 red lamps there. I'm re-assembling my game today

#756 4 years ago

Looks great! Where did you get your color DMD?

Quoted from Terminatrix:

Put this topper on today. A licensed DC comics Bat signal & before anyone says its the wrong Bat logo yes I know - comes with 3 interchangeable Bats & of course mine was missing 1 of 3 Bats. Apart from that I think it’s pretty cool & looks better at night shining on the ceiling as well.[quoted image]

#757 4 years ago

& you bastards I look at this thread & find out about the pin2dmd & fluorescent protectors & both look amazing. Now I'm broke again. Not cool.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Looks great! Where did you get your color DMD?

DMD is from Color DMD they don’t actually have a file for it yet ( still waiting ) the game is all one colour but scores & Sega logo etc are in color

#759 4 years ago

Thx. That's just lazy on their part. Hopefully they will do the game.
again, thx

Quoted from Terminatrix:

DMD is from Color DMD they don’t actually have a file for it yet ( still waiting ) the game is all one colour but scores & Sega logo etc are in color

#760 4 years ago

/

Quoted from izzy:

Thx. That's just lazy on their part. Hopefully they will do the game.
again, thx

Actually they haven’t done the game yet but it’s a start that they at least have made a DMD to suit as you probably know there’s 4 other machines that share the same DMD & I think that may have done 1 of those games already so only a matter of time before they get around to it

#761 4 years ago

I know they did Baywatch and I think they did Frankenstein.

#762 4 years ago

Anyone here know if you can you use someone elses files for the SD card to go with Dr Pinball colour DMD? Im missing the sd card on mine and have tried to contact him to get new license but no response.

#763 4 years ago

So I shopped my game, put it back together, now the ball won't sail around the apron. Hits the start of the opened up area, then right down the drain. Half the time it goes all the way around, half the time it drains. Super frustrating as I know the launcher is firing clear, new sleeve, etc. I've tried adjusting the ramp, bending it, washers under all bolts, none of the bolts, some of the bolts. Nothing I do gives me 100%. Surely somebody has had this issue before? Must be some way I can bend this thing. I've also tried raising & lowering incline, no difference.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Surely somebody has had this issue before? Must be some way I can bend this thing. I've also tried raising & lowering incline, no difference.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen. Is your kicker under the Batcave pushing the ball with adequate speed? I’m assuming you mean the ball is falling off at the opening right above the trough.

EAC96992-B676-4527-90EA-7E6BECF57215 (resized).jpegEAC96992-B676-4527-90EA-7E6BECF57215 (resized).jpeg
#765 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

So I shopped my game, put it back together, now the ball won't sail around the apron. Hits the start of the opened up area, then right down the drain. Half the time it goes all the way around, half the time it drains. Super frustrating as I know the launcher is firing clear, new sleeve, etc. I've tried adjusting the ramp, bending it, washers under all bolts, none of the bolts, some of the bolts. Nothing I do gives me 100%. Surely somebody has had this issue before? Must be some way I can bend this thing. I've also tried raising & lowering incline, no difference.

Mine does that every now & then - ideally an enclosed wire ramp would of solved that issue - I just live with it

#766 4 years ago

Is anyone capable of printing up new apron stickers?

I'd like to freshen mine up a bit.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen. Is your kicker under the Batcave pushing the ball with adequate speed? I’m assuming you mean the ball is falling off at the opening right above the trough.[quoted image]

It is, because the times it does flow through smoothly the ball flies all the way to the top of the PF. Also I cleaned that plunger & new coil sleeve. I had some success by doing some slight wire bending, trial & error.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is anyone capable of printing up new apron stickers?
I'd like to freshen mine up a bit.

I would love a set too if anyone can make these I will buy a set as well!!!

4 weeks later
#769 4 years ago

hi,could someone please tell me the sizes of the two apron cards,preferably in mm.
any info much appreciated

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from johng2611:

hi,could someone please tell me the sizes of the two apron cards,preferably in mm.
any info much appreciated

Once upon a time I printed these off...
135mm x 73mm
135mm x 56mm

20191024_134139 (resized).jpg20191024_134139 (resized).jpg20191024_134046 (resized).jpg20191024_134046 (resized).jpg
#771 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

135mm x 73mm
135mm x 56mm[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for that mate,much appreciated.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from johng2611:

thanks for that mate,much appreciated.

You betcha'

#773 4 years ago

just out of interest did you ever fit these to your game,if so were they an exact fit or were they undersized a little to allow a border if laminated?
thanks

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from johng2611:

just out of interest did you ever fit these to your game,if so were they an exact fit or were they undersized a little to allow a border if laminated?
thanks

Nope, never did cut and install. Sorry.

#775 4 years ago

I had one of these installed the other day. Was having a lot of trouble getting the ball up the left ramp. It would go up 1/2 way & then roll back down 8 out of 10 times. Old coils were tested & seemed to be ok , flippers were rebuilt , new flippers & new rubbers put in & pitch for the machine was as it should be. After this went in I’m making the shot 9 out of 10 times so we’ll worth the upgrade.
9CC0F7D9-2047-429C-BC24-F1946E1A07D5 (resized).png9CC0F7D9-2047-429C-BC24-F1946E1A07D5 (resized).png

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

135mm x 73mm
135mm x 56mm[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like you had your settings of the printer wroung (fitt to page).
You should have set it at "printing at true size" or 100%.
Then you would see the cards are 138x76mm and 138x58mm.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

It looks like you had your settings of the printer wroung (fitt to page).
You should have set it at "printing at true size" or 100%.
Then you would see the cards are 138x76mm and 138x58mm.

Thanks for the info.
Might have to re-do a set.
Are they on your site?
Pinballrebel?

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Thanks for the info.
Might have to re-do a set.
Are they on your site?
Pinballrebel?

I don't know where you found the images.
I don't have them.
My website http://www.inkochnito.nl has the files which look like the original cards.

#779 4 years ago

I made some cards a while back.
Post #180

1 week later
#780 4 years ago

I’m not sure If this has been covered before, but I’m on my 3rd or 4th Batman forever and I can’t shoot the super jackpot (mini ramp) with the bat cannon during that multiball (it during the other mode either of “load the bat cannon)

I can’t say for certain, but I seem to remember being able to do this on the first one I had nearly ten years ago, and on the 2-3 different ones (this one included) It will load the bat cannon for the super jackpot at the mini ramp, but it won’t let the trigger activate until JUST past the sweet spot for that mini ramp! I’m standing there pressing as fast as I can to get it at the earliest possible time and it always fires just past it to the right.

Anyone familiar with this or have the same issue? Cannon tweak or adjustment?
Thanks

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I can’t say for certain, but I seem to remember being able to do this on the first one I had nearly ten years ago, and on the 2-3 different ones (this one included) It will load the bat cannon for the super jackpot at the mini ramp, but it won’t let the trigger activate until JUST past the sweet spot for that mini ramp!

Is your Batwing lined up perfect with the feeding wireform, or is it misaligned slightly to the right? Mine did that once in a while, but it usually realigned itself after 4 or so uses.

Or is it a little loose?

You can adjust it if you disassemble the mech a little. That might be causing it to be a hair off.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

I had one of these installed the other day. Was having a lot of trouble getting the ball up the left ramp. It would go up 1/2 way & then roll back down 8 out of 10 times. Old coils were tested & seemed to be ok , flippers were rebuilt , new flippers & new rubbers put in & pitch for the machine was as it should be. After this went in I’m making the shot 9 out of 10 times so we’ll worth the upgrade.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it’s been debated on here for awhile now with some that argue against it, though I swear by those coils for the 4 huge Sega Dmd pins.

The reason they work so well on a game like Batman Is, they don’t heat up like the stock coils. So when your “balls deep” into a game, you can count on making the ramp, which isn’t the case with stock coils (and Batman ramps are super steep and weird)
Putting those thick wound coils in a game like Frankenstein which is multiball heavy with up to 6 balls flying around should have been a Sega/Stern bulletin.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Is your Batwing lined up perfect with the feeding wireform, or is it misaligned slightly to the right? Mine did that once in a while, but it usually realigned itself after 4 or so uses.
Or is it a little loose?
You can adjust it if you disassemble the mech a little. That might be causing it to be a hair off.

I need to take a closer look at it and report back

#784 4 years ago

Wired these up last weekend & am awaiting a new custom sound & Shaker package

38665E71-FF9A-4281-8D6F-CA76FB4FEF9E (resized).jpeg38665E71-FF9A-4281-8D6F-CA76FB4FEF9E (resized).jpeg4F1DCE96-E254-4D4E-92CF-BDA7E8DBD98D (resized).jpeg4F1DCE96-E254-4D4E-92CF-BDA7E8DBD98D (resized).jpeg552EB336-7093-4C44-89C1-E4143DA8A779 (resized).jpeg552EB336-7093-4C44-89C1-E4143DA8A779 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#785 4 years ago

Hey everyone here’s a little project I’ve been working on for the past 3 months. A Pinsound custom orchestration with original themes & music from the movie as well as several other Batman related music clips. Something different as well with a Shaker added to specific SFX

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Hey everyone here’s a little project I’ve been working on for the past 3 months. A Pinsound custom orchestration with original themes & music from the movie as well as several other Batman related music clips. Something different as well with a Shaker added to specific SFX

That is awesome. Does it play the whole U2 song? Now you’re making me really regret selling my BF a few months ago.

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

That was fantastic!

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That is awesome. Does it play the whole U2 song? Now you’re making me really regret selling my BF a few months ago.

Yes plays the whole U2 song that’s the main play song for the game. Was unable to play a game while holding the phone . I should of cranked the sound up prior to recording.

#789 4 years ago

Here’s the end of game - main orchestral theme with a Riddler call out

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Terminatrix:

Here’s the end of game - main orchestral theme with a Riddler call out

That’s interesting. I like the soundbites you have, but it seems like the reconfigured audio is confusing the flashing circuit that is usually synchronized with the endgame sequence?

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s interesting. I like the soundbites you have, but it seems like the reconfigured audio is confusing the flashing circuit that is usually synchronized with the endgame sequence?

Yes I think your right it’s like the flashers are on steroids. Not sure why but I think there’s always going to be glitches when mixing old technology with new. It’s certainly not flawless but it’s something different which is what modding is all about.

1 week later
#792 4 years ago

Does anyone know how the OEM wireforms were powder coated on Batman Forever?

I know that several Pinsiders have powder coated theirs in metallic green and they look great, but I was hoping to preserve the original look that glow intensely under blacklight. It appears to be a lime color, but see-through, maybe a candy lime? Finished off with a special coating to "glow"? Any thoughts or comments? Thanks.

1 month later
#794 4 years ago

Getting my ramps powder coated with what you exactly have said I will post photos when I get them back and if ok details of what was used

#795 4 years ago

I’m looking for inset decals can anybody help I need crime spree and picture of what looks like an Indian

#796 4 years ago

Joined the club with this BATsketcase of a European reimport. Needs work. Good news is the mpu boots per the leds. Non working display as of now. 5v is a little low. The playfield is in good shape. 1 insert ghosted and lifted badly. I’m up for the challenge of bringing it back to life.
602F57EC-273C-4C53-A3AD-CA9BE2C24DF2 (resized).jpeg602F57EC-273C-4C53-A3AD-CA9BE2C24DF2 (resized).jpegF25E15EE-944D-46B1-8BBA-27B17DFA7E79 (resized).jpegF25E15EE-944D-46B1-8BBA-27B17DFA7E79 (resized).jpeg13F5E2B5-3838-40DC-BD8F-FCED32C028F8 (resized).jpeg13F5E2B5-3838-40DC-BD8F-FCED32C028F8 (resized).jpeg2A2B3B67-710E-4653-9EE5-BDC2C131F922 (resized).jpeg2A2B3B67-710E-4653-9EE5-BDC2C131F922 (resized).jpeg

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Joined the club with this BATsetcase of a European reimport. Needs work. Good news is the mpu boots per the leds. Non working display as of now. 5v is a little low. The playfield is in good shape. 1 insert ghosted and lifted badly. I’m up for the challenge of bringing it back to life.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. Welcome.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from roboclan:

Getting my ramps powder coated with what you exactly have said I will post photos when I get them back and if ok details of what was used

Looking forward to seeing these! Are you looking for the actual insert decals or just some high resolution pictures of the 2 areas?

1 week later
#799 4 years ago

Performing a complete restore on a Batman Forever. My ramps are in not the best of shape. Cracked out near the screw holes and many scratches. Looking for anyone that has one or both of the green ramps. Willing to pay a premium depending on the condition, but honestly looking for any. Thanks.

#800 4 years ago

I have two Large DMD for sale. A used Cherry $225 & a new Dale $375. OBO. No lines out. Just pulled the Cherry from my BF. Loving my new ColorDMD & never going back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/16?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.