IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine doesn't have that and there are no screw holes in the ramp for it. If it were stock why is it an upside down picture of a Vulture and have another partial decal on it. It's a hack.

+1 on that. Mine doesn’t either, and mine was restored professionally a few years back.

#702 5 years ago

Likely placed there to stop balls popping out the ramp due to it not being levelled correctly. Definitely a hack

#703 5 years ago

No "shield" on mine either.

3 weeks later
#704 5 years ago

Guessing this is a long shot but I'm looking for a front cabinet decal. Thanks

#705 5 years ago

I need help
Does anybody know where I can buy insert decals as you see my insert lifted and chipped of the print
Or does anybody have a scan

20190202_214156.jpg20190202_214156.jpg
1 month later
#706 5 years ago

Anyone ever rebuild the slingshots? What about the Batwing cannon or Batcave kickout? Will anything beyond a new coil sleeve (and new rubber rings in the case of slingshots) make much of a difference? The slingshots on mine seem a bit tired, the ball coming from the Batcave seems to come around the ramp kinda slow, and the Batwing cannon does a bit of a stutter at the start of its travel.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever rebuild the slingshots? What about the Batwing cannon or Batcave kickout? Will anything beyond a new coil sleeve (and new rubber rings in the case of slingshots) make much of a difference? The slingshots on mine seem a bit tired, the ball coming from the Batcave seems to come around the ramp kinda slow, and the Batwing cannon does a bit of a stutter at the start of its travel.

All I can say is tear them apart and rebuild them. Good luck. The game is old and I'll bet nothing has ever been done to the. Things wear out you know.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Slings, cannon, and kickout are much better after refreshing them. Only issue that I still have is the drop down to the kicker from the ball lock--it always falls too far forward (in front of the switch) so the kicker cannot kick it around the loop. I have secured the upper 3 ball lock habitrail ramp as far back as it will go. The only two "hacks" that have worked to get the ball to fall back against the kicker properly are a piece of dead drop foam or a rubber band, either one being placed at the small overhang as the ball falls down to the lower kicker habitrail ramp. The adhesive on the foam is too weak to keep it there for very long as it dries out over time. The rubber band is too noticeable to be a long-term solution but it's 100% reliable. Like I said, I took the wire ramps out of the machine hoping to re-align it and possibly figure out where the fault in the process is, but reassembling it didn't resolve the issue.

1 week later
#709 5 years ago

I'd been struggling to score points so I finally re-watched Bowen's tutorial and promptly put up a decent score of 1.9 billion. Also, a comment in Buffalo Pinball's stream session of the game really helped too. I was always choosing to lock a ball or start a mode off the plunge. Mystery is where it's at, then hit the two heads to lock in the 20x bonus if that is your reward since that'll carry over to the next ball. Mystery also gave me a lit extra ball twice. So I'm now a believer in that strategy.

2 weeks later
#710 4 years ago

Flicked Batman on today, the DMD looked normal then began to flash on & off. Then fade to black. Any ideas? I have yet to dig into it outside of reseating cables. Thanks in advance.

Lee

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Flicked Batman on today, the DMD looked normal then began to flash on & off. Then fade to black. Any ideas? I have yet to dig into it outside of reseating cables. Thanks in advance.
Lee

If mine has sat unplayed for awhile I usually have to reseat the cables. Takes more than once on occasion if it's being finicky. Good to go after a bit.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Finally got my new to me BF all shopped out. According to the seller it's HUO with upgraded flippers. Plays and looks great except with all LEDs it's seizuriffic! Now I need the Energi Maestro but they are out of stock. Anyone have one they want to sell? Also looking for a color LCD kit if anyone has one of those they want to sell.
Question: Seems like it's way too easy to get an extra ball and multi ball. I have the game difficulty set to hard currently. Any suggestions on settings to make it challenging yet still fun?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where can I get the comic book version translite?

#715 4 years ago

There are pictures in this thread of it installed. I wouldn't want it, but it's not terrible.

#716 4 years ago

Thx. I might get it.

#717 4 years ago

Just picked up a nice BF. Some of the PF parts were loose and I don't know where these two pieces go. Any help would be appreciated.
thx
Izzy

IMG_5133 (resized).jpgIMG_5133 (resized).jpg
#718 4 years ago

Bump

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Some pics

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How did you light the Bat Signal on the plastic panel at the back of the game attached to the cabinet?
thx

#720 4 years ago

LED Light strip?

623f042da133bf74cf26d4ceeeadc41f9923f35b (resized).jpg623f042da133bf74cf26d4ceeeadc41f9923f35b (resized).jpg
#721 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Just picked up a nice BF. Some of the PF parts were loose and I don't know where these two pieces go. Any help would be appreciated.
thx
Izzy
[quoted image]

I don't recognize any of these. Looks like someone hand-made something. I remember seeing a full set on ebay, so I copied the picture below. The pieces you have don't appear to be stock...

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#722 4 years ago

Just scored a BF today! Will eventually sit next to Baywatch!

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx
Izzy
[quoted image]

Congrats and Welcome to the club.

Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just scored a BF today! Will eventually sit next to Baywatch!

Congrats to you also and Welcome to the clup.

#724 4 years ago

thx

#725 4 years ago

Have you checked out the picture in the Topic Gallery above?

#726 4 years ago

I did see post #721 of the complete set. Possibly these were sitting around and got thrown in accidentally. I looked at all of the images in the topic gallery and did notice them in any of the photos.
Game is almost back together, I'll find out then if the ball is getting stuck somewhere.
thx

#727 4 years ago

Does anybody else have a ball not transferring from the plastic ramp to the wire form? It falls off after it drops from the plastic ramp. They are aligned up looking down on them. It falls off in the area I marked.
thx

IMG_5176 (resized).jpgIMG_5176 (resized).jpg
#728 4 years ago

I "borrowed" some ideas from other Pinside owners. Lights for the Batwing and lighting the Arkam sign. I went the quick way on the sign with a regular socket and flex LED.

IMG_5207 (resized).jpgIMG_5207 (resized).jpgIMG_5174 (resized).jpgIMG_5174 (resized).jpgIMG_5175 (resized).jpgIMG_5175 (resized).jpg
#729 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx
Izzy
[quoted image]

I figured out one. But not sure about the one with the round cut out

IMG_20190517_153813 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_153813 (resized).jpg
#730 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I "borrowed" some ideas from other Pinside owners. Lights for the Batwing and lighting the Arkam sign. I went the quick way on the sign with a regular socket and flex LED.

Yes, BF is a dark game. You have to add spots in a few places also.

My daughter’s fav pin.
DD5924A6-9789-4169-8600-5490D9F53EF7 (resized).jpegDD5924A6-9789-4169-8600-5490D9F53EF7 (resized).jpeg

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Does anybody else have a ball not transferring from the plastic ramp to the wire form? It falls off after it drops from the plastic ramp. They are aligned up looking down on them. It falls off in the area I marked.
thx

It falls sideways onto the playfield? If that’s the case, your ramp is not oriented correctly, or one of those wires is bent or misshapen.

#732 4 years ago

Just ordered all of my parts to ship it out. Anything interesting I should know before ripping it down?

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I figured out one. But not sure about the one with the round cut out[quoted image]

I don't see the one with the round cut out anywhere on my machine. My first thought was by the vuk. There's one similar between the mini ramp and the vuk, but it's much smaller than the one in your picture.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just ordered all of my parts to ship it out. Anything interesting I should know before ripping it down?

Not to state the obvious, but take lots and lots of pics. If you do a total tear down, this game can be a pain in the ass to get back together.

If your wireforms are choppy, now would be a perfect time to re-powder them. I’m going to do mine again next time I tear it down.

#735 4 years ago

thanks for the help and suggestions.

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

When putting the cave area back together, it has to be set just right or the balls won't press against the switches precisely where they need to be in order to register for a lock. I had this problem. At first I thought it was old/bad switches, but they're fine. Also in the same area, the drop down from the cave to the switch below has to be properly aligned or it will also fall too far forward. Some day, I'll try to fix it all yet again to be properly aligned without the use of zip ties and rubber bands, but that day isn't today.

#737 4 years ago

Good to know guys. My wire forms could use a good powder coating but I will most likely wait till the next time I shop it to do that. Just don't have the time right now.

#738 4 years ago

Funny story.....well sad actually. At some point someone had to tear down the playfield to add LED's. They did not clean or wax any area when they did this. Seems crazy right? Either way she's all clean now and I hit all the places they missed LED's in and gave her new rubber and a fresh wax. Really in incredible shape considering. Now to put her back together!

IMG_20190520_110348 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_110348 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_110356 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_110356 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_130844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_130844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_130856 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_130856 (resized).jpg
#739 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Funny story.....well sad actually. At some point someone had to tear down the playfield to add LED's. They did not clean or wax any area when they did this. Seems crazy right? Either way she's all clean now and I hit all the places they missed LED's in and gave her new rubber and a fresh wax. Really in incredible shape considering. Now to put her back together!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah that was dirty.

#740 4 years ago

Decided to play a quick game or two of Batman Forever and noticed my right flipper was really weak. Stopped the game to look under the hood and saw that the coil stop had fallen off the right flipper and was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. How? Part of the metal base had broken off just below the two coil stop bolts. I've never seen that. Thankfully, I had a spare metal base from a prior flipper swap out and everything fit back together. Didn't think I'd be digging into the game today, but it seems better than ever now.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Decided to play a quick game or two of Batman Forever and noticed my right flipper was really weak. Stopped the game to look under the hood and saw that the coil stop had fallen off the right flipper and was laying on the bottom of the cabinet. How? Part of the metal base had broken off just below the two coil stop bolts. I've never seen that. Thankfully, I had a spare metal base from a prior flipper swap out and everything fit back together. Didn't think I'd be digging into the game today, but it seems better than ever now.

Yup ya never know what's gonna happen with these older gamed. Glad ya got it fixed quick.

#742 4 years ago

Having issues with my ball through. Mainly led sensor. Always showing a ball in there. I've pulled both receiver and transmitter and reflowed what I could, cleaned the LED's and reassembled. Worked ok for several games but now is intermittent again. Is there anywhere to get new boards for these?

#743 4 years ago

Nevermind got it figured out. Cranked down on one screw and loosened the other 2 seems to be working well for now. Now I just have to get these wire forms ajusted better. Every now and then it will fling balls into the outlane on the left or shooter lane on the right.

2 months later
#744 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx
Izzy
[quoted image]

The round clear cut out goes by the up kicker. Just above it, raised up by standoffs. Hope this helps.

20190721_140112 (resized).jpg20190721_140112 (resized).jpg
#745 4 years ago

Thanks, but mine has that one. It turns out it goes to a Baywatch.

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#747 4 years ago

I have 3 red condom GI lamps to the left of the extra ball ramp. I'm in the middle of shopping out & premium LED's. I just want to make sure I want to put 3 red LED's there before I put things back together. Thanks!

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I have 3 red condom GI lamps to the left of the extra ball ramp. I'm in the middle of shopping out & premium LED's. I just want to make sure I want to put 3 red LED's there before I put things back together. Thanks!

Frosted or clear dome?

#749 4 years ago

Anyone try these yet? Or the clear ones?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0114-00

20190627_102655 (resized).jpg20190627_102655 (resized).jpg
#750 4 years ago

I put these on last week & they look awesome. Took pictures to put up but very hard to see how good they look in real life. Had a bit of trouble taking the bat wing off & on - & the top right one required longer screws after installing but well worth it for a cheap mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/15?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.