IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg

There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.
#551 6 years ago

first thing I do on these sega games is reflow solder on ppb board. always cause all kinds of issues. needs to be done on all sega games

1 week later
#552 6 years ago

What size legs is BF SUPPOSEd to have on?

#553 6 years ago

This is probably in the forum somewhere. What is the best batgun replacement?

#554 6 years ago

Hi guys, joining the club. My BF is missing the batcave, always on the lookout for one

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from greeny:

Hi guys, joining the club. My BF is missing the batcave, always on the lookout for one

Welcome!
Great game.
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

I think Marco has them.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Fellow pinsider, Paul, made a great reproduction one when the part was "unobtainium"... These have since surfaced...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4520

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Fellow pinsider, Paul, made a great reproduction one when the part was "unobtainium"... These have since surfaced...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4520

I didn't make it, anothe Pinsider did, I just lit it up and made it better. I think I'm still the only one with one like it. That's it PBL. Thanks.

#559 6 years ago

Pinsider Pablomck (Paul) reproduced it nicely. Mustang Paul (Paul) had a one-off done in translucent clear and lit the hell out of it! Check out his picks earlier in the thread...

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Pinsider Pablomck (Paul) reproduced it nicely. Mustang Paul (Paul) had a one-off done in translucent clear and lit the hell out of it! Check out his picks earlier in the thread...

Yeah that Paul made it. Page 2 of the above Image Gallery has the pictures.

2 weeks later
#561 6 years ago

Can someone soot me a close up of their ramp diverter? The rod that connects the diverter to the plunger on mine keeps popping off at the diverter and I want to see how it connects I have a feeling mine is not right.

#562 6 years ago

I'm at work but I have this pic on my phone from previously shopping mine.

Do you have the round white clip? It clicks in the whole on the diverter, then slide the rod through. That clip acts like a bushing and it also hold the rod in place

IMG_20170917_123157_391.jpgIMG_20170917_123157_391.jpg

#563 6 years ago

Yep the clip is missing I'm sure that's not an easy part # to track down!

#564 6 years ago

Ha found it 545-5335-00 1/8" nyliner Thanks!!!

2 weeks later
#565 6 years ago

Link to the Original Thread here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-batman-forever

Public Alpha Release!

Hi Pinsiders,
This is the Public Alpha Release of the PIN2DMD Colorization for Sega Batman Forever.

Since I don't own a BF myself it's hard to test and there might be some glitches...

The Alpha release is there to show capabilities of the PIN2DMD Editor, PIN2DMD in general and because i LOVE this game and want to share progress! Not all scenes are colored and keyframes are not set everywhere, but progress is good on this one...

To give you a short view on how complex things are sometimes:
there are around 100 scenes, some of them even divided into subscenes,
around the same amount of bookmarks,
around 30-40 keyframes for now,

Link to files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lkDdMMAuCyRbpuHs4CXdYx3HiNZoLS3F

If you already own a PIN2DMD-XL just copy the 2 files to your MicroSD, insert back into your DMD and restart it by pressing option and menu button. Done!
No Programming, no Hex-Files, Editor or other external tools needed.
Simple, isn't it?!
If you encounter serious issues, like freezing DMD or other mayor glitches please report here and I'll have a look into it.
Until these get fixed you only need to delete the 2 copied files and go back to monochromatic mode.

PIN2DMD-XL works even without any provided palette information. It has been proven on more then 100 installations worldwide.

I only added a few preview gifs...

shootupkicker.gifshootupkicker.gif

riddlerscene2.gifriddlerscene2.gif

riddlerscene1.gifriddlerscene1.gif

ball_locked.gifball_locked.gif

toomanyquestionmarks.giftoomanyquestionmarks.gif

MatchMismatch.gifMatchMismatch.gif

CrimeSpree.gifCrimeSpree.gif

Multiball restart.gifMultiball restart.gif

bat-com.gifbat-com.gif

BallSave.gifBallSave.gif

2mil mega pops.gif2mil mega pops.gif

batwing.gifbatwing.gif

kickback.gifkickback.gif

Face2Face.gifFace2Face.gif

#566 6 years ago

Wow!

#567 6 years ago

That's awesome...now I just have to find another BF. Damn it...why did I sell that thing.

2 weeks later
#568 6 years ago

Been waiting for these to be made!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tilt-graphics-inc-mods/page/24#post-4198021

300a331c9b220e204fd56a2485813f8e79fff410 (resized).jpg300a331c9b220e204fd56a2485813f8e79fff410 (resized).jpg

#569 6 years ago

ebay.com link: SEGA 1995 NOS BATMAN FOREVER PINBALL PLAYFIELD
This must be a prototype playfield there are magnet cutouts I wish these had made it to production!

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

there are magnet cutouts

That's a reason why I sold my BF when I had a LAH (side by side).

4 weeks later
#571 6 years ago

Just picked up my BF last Friday. What will I gain by upgrading the ROM from the original to the latest version? Is there a site that shows what different ROMs do for various games? If I want to upgrade, who can I get the current version from? I've used John Wart's thatpinballplace.com in the past, but he appears to be having "issues". Or I could spend about $150 for a ROM burner & eraser. What kind of learning curve is there with this idea?

1 week later
1 week later
#573 5 years ago

First off I love my Batman Forever such a great game. Quick question when I turn my game on it says open coin door on the DMD. When I do this the game will play as normal. Just curious why my game is doing this? Thanks in advance

#574 5 years ago

Looks like you bought the color version. How do you like it?

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Ha found it 545-5335-00 1/8" nyliner Thanks!!!

where at? mine broke too

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like you bought the color version. How do you like it?

ColorDMD for Baywatch isn’t out yet but I’m preparing for the release ahead of time

#577 5 years ago

Yes it's done just not released yet. The promo looks great.

1 week later
#578 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

where at? mine broke too

Marco has them in stock

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

ebay.com link » Sega 1995 Nos Batman Forever Pinball Playfield
This must be a prototype playfield there are magnet cutouts I wish these had made it to production!

3 magnets, BAM! that would have been awesome! Thanks for sharing.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Converted to US that's more then I got. Sorry.

...and then convert THAT to CDN and add 13% tax and brokerage/duty (whatever)...

Maybe some day but until then I dropped a 22" IPS display in with the DMDExtender and PI. Not as beautiful as full colour but it kicks the $h!t out of the original and it cycles full colour images from the movie.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

First off I love my Batman Forever such a great game. Quick question when I turn my game on it says open coin door on the DMD. When I do this the game will play as normal. Just curious why my game is doing this? Thanks in advance

This hasn't happen to anyone on here?

#583 5 years ago

Batteries are dead. If still does it there is a bad diode, d11, I think. Don't have a manual handy

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

This hasn't happen to anyone on here?

I think mine does it but I never have to actually open the door in order to play a normal game. At work, will check when I get home in about an hour.

Quoted from pacman11:

#585 5 years ago

Alright thanks guys, I'll check the batteries but I am pretty sure I changed them out recently. Thanks again!

#586 5 years ago

Just checked mine and nope
it does NOT say that.

#587 5 years ago

at the back of the right green ramp up against the backboard there is a little tab that sticks out, does ramp go on top of this or below it. is there any other mounting points where the right ramp attaches to the playfield? mine has the 2 screws in the ramp and the holes where the metal ramp connects to it, is that the only 2 places of securement on this ramp??? seems flimsy!

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Link to the Original Thread here on Pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-batman-forever
Public Alpha Release!

I expect that this has been asked already but why would you not design the controller to also drive a computer display instead of only RGB LED panels? I think that there would be a market or is it that a DIY approach to using the Pin2DMD can be done reasonably? With DMD extender we are limited to replacing the original 4 colour palette in BF (I still appreciate having this option!)

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Sounds like the batteries to keep date etc died. Have you tried new ones yet?

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

at the back of the right green ramp up against the backboard there is a little tab that sticks out, does ramp go on top of this or below it. is there any other mounting points where the right ramp attaches to the playfield? mine has the 2 screws in the ramp and the holes where the metal ramp connects to it, is that the only 2 places of securement on this ramp??? seems flimsy!

anyone?

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Dang it! I was gonna check on this today and it slipped my mind. At work now and will be till about 10pm or so.
Will check as soon as I get home.
Got me curious too.

#592 5 years ago

I see no other mounting point or support for the rear right ramp.
Seems relatively strong to me though.
Enough support for ball travel for sure.

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Dang it! I was gonna check on this today and it slipped my mind. At work now and will be till about 10pm or so.
Will check as soon as I get home.
Got me curious too.

any luck on this? so does ramp go above or below little screw on the backboard?

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

any luck on this? so does ramp go above or below little screw on the backboard?

The right ramp rests on top of the backboard tab. The single screw connects the two. That's it.

2 weeks later
#595 5 years ago

Is there any mod out there that sells a better looking gun for the shooter on this game?

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is there any mod out there that sells a better looking gun for the shooter on this game?

I've seen some well done paint jobs
earlier in this thread I believe.
Don't think I have seen or heard of any replacements.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I have a frosted clear one with an RGB strip inside. VERY intense, pictures in the Topic Gallery page 2. Also have a bat plane light up and a shooter plate light up done by beatmaster, I use clear plastic bolts also on page 2. There's a picture of a painted one in the Topic Gallery also. Marco has replacements I believe.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have a frosted clear one with an RGB strip inside. VERY intense, pictures in the Topic Gallery page 2. Also have a bat plane light up and a shooter plate light up done by beatmaster, I use clear plastic bolts also on page 2. There's a picture of a painted one in the Topic Gallery also. Marco has replacements I believe.

Thanks I saw that repo on Marco I just don’t like the gun it looks so cheap like a toy from China. Lol

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The right ramp rests on top of the backboard tab. The single screw connects the two. That's it.

i don't think a screw in the back of the ramp connecting it to the backboard is factory, somebody must of added that to yours. there is no hole in the back of my right ramp anywhere.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i don't think a screw in the back of the ramp connecting it to the backboard is factory, somebody must of added that to yours. there is no hole in the back of my right ramp anywhere.

You may very well be correct as it seems to be a remedy for a cracked ramp.
Also, could not find any picture or reference of any kind in the manual.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Mill, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benton, AR
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 259.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.