IMG_7072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7063 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
20231215_165409 (resized).jpg
20231215_165517 (resized).jpg
20231215_165425 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162456 (resized).jpg
IMG20231215162510 (resized).jpg
There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
#451 7 years ago

Did you try contacting TNT Amusements? He might have it on a spare parts playfield.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from datawraith:

No, sold out called them and they said they mite never have them again sucks there is a guy on here that made them in a post 3months back but he hasn't messaged me back yet. And the part goes under the playfield it alows it to pivot up to work under the playfield I can't do much work on my machine because of it and the playfield leans to one side I noticed can't believe it's this hard to find this piece

You might take the other one to a vo-tech school metal shop and see if they could make you an opposite one as a class project for a student. You get the part made and the student gets a grade.

#453 7 years ago

Hmm, both good ideas think i will contact Todd first and save the vo-teck idea as a last resort thanks for the idea's

#454 7 years ago

Well Todd shut that down quick before I could even explain wat part and were it went immediately said we don't cary parts looks like I will have 2 try vo-teck or rig it up somehow sucks parts r rare for this machine afraid in the future won't be able 2 fix it at all due 2 no replacement parts and it's shame it's such a great game

#455 7 years ago

Try contacting Stern. Maybe they have a couple lying around.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from datawraith:

Well Todd shut that down quick before I could even explain wat part and were it went immediately said we don't cary parts looks like I will have 2 try vo-teck or rig it up somehow sucks parts r rare for this machine afraid in the future won't be able 2 fix it at all due 2 no replacement parts and it's shame it's such a great game

I'm sure a metal fab shop could make it also, it's a very simple piece. Also put up a request on Pinside for someone to make it. Pinsider indypinhead owns a machine shop, ask him.

#457 7 years ago

Good idea I think the stern part is one inch longer though but worth a try also will give Indy a shout and c wat he can do thanks guys for help

4 weeks later
#458 7 years ago

Quick q. What is the most common reason the game would trigger too many multiball sessions?
Thanks guys.

2 weeks later
#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Same here! Thanks for the post. Let's keep in touch with this issue! I would love to see cam footage of that shot! Funny, but a great idea! You're right, I can't tell why I miss the scoop at all, can't really see back there while you're playing.
Also, are you getting 50% success rate with the back of the playfield waxed, or not? I just waxed mine, but couldn't get clear and good access back there. Maybe if I wax the crap out of the right orbit, my success rate will improve...
My flippers were recently rebuilt (by previous owner). I can't tell you if they are weak or not. I can make all the ramps otherwise, but it has to be done properly. There's not botching the shot to get a nice right-ramp, you have to time it and hit it nicely.
The piece of sticky foam is an interesting idea... That would soak up some ball momentum indeed.

Ok, per our previous posts, it's time to update my progress on this issue.

I didn't use a camera, but instead I just took off the glass and whizzed a bunch of balls up the right orbit. Many of the previous assumptions proved to be true.

1) Because the top ball guide is straight across the back of the pin, anything slower than 'optimal' will allow gravity to take it's course and it separates from the top ball guide ever so slightly and nicks the rubber post between the saucer and the left orbit. This is the same post that locks in the 1-way gate on the left orbit. This contact with the rubber post causes the ball the rattle around the area and then just dribble down to the top lane rollovers. More on this in a second.

2) If I took the ball and whizzed it like a very strong shot, it would fly right over the saucer, hit the bracket behind and come back out.

To try to remedy this, I ended up pulling the rubber post. To do this, I brought the PF up so I could access the back left corner, and removed the plastic back there. I also unscrewed the connection to the left orbit 1-way gate on post in question. I could then remove the rubber post and when you're about to do it, you'll notice that the rubber post (at least the one on my game) actually eclipses a small portion of the darn saucer entry! What crap! Either use a thinner rubber...
Michael Scott (resized).JPGMichael Scott (resized).JPG
...or add a curve to the top ball guide so the ball follows that at all times. Bad design flaw.

Once I put everything back, I reran my tests. The saucer was catching practically everything I didn't fling at warp speeds. I put the glass back on and played a few games. It was catching the ball beautifully! Even the BatWing shot connected twice (which was hard in the past as it's doable but not perfectly aligned with the orbit, meaning it can bounce around a bit and lose momentum which means it was doomed for that rubber post).

I did notice that pured shots were still bouncing out and that again is due to the bracket behind it. To come up with a solution, I'm going go buy a regular kitchen sponge, and cut postage-stamp size squares from it at different thicknesses. This material should be able to absorb momentum without being too bouncy, yet also be able to return to it's original shape and take abuse alone the way. I want the thinnest solution that works, so I'll begin with the thinnest and work my way up until I have one that's working constantly.

With the post removal, I'm now catching a majority of right orbit shots. I'm hoping the sponge finally gets me to that 99-100% rate a bunch of us are looking for. Will keep you all updated.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

1-way gate on the left orbit

Is that the horizontal wire that's supposed to drop and block the ball from coming back to you from the left orbit?

If so, when is that wire suppose to drop and block the ball?

Thanks for your post. I totally see what you mean. The rubber on my post there only partially covers the white color of the playfield there. It's not terribly thick, but I can see what you mean.

Did you re-install a thinner post rubber at all? Just metal on metal?

#461 7 years ago

Well, I think I found my problem? I manually lowered that wire ball-guide thingy and started a game. It never was actuated back down!

That can't be normal.

#462 7 years ago

Yes. That wire just hangs from gravity and only swings left-to-right so a ball on the left orbit can enter, but a ball on the right orbit gets blocked.

For the time being, I'm leaving it as an exposed metal post. I may see if there's a thinner rubber out there, but for now it doesn't look like its getting hit a lot.

#463 7 years ago

I should have written my post differently. My one-way-gate is always up! It never falls back down.

It's supposed to fall back down "by gravity", correct?

EDIT: FIXED. It was bent in a weird way, so it wasn't falling back down. Now it free-flows. That's going to change the gameplay for sure. Duh!

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. It does move from left to right. When it moves right, it then gets stuck in the up position forever? I need to study this.

EDIT 3: One-way-gate is part number 500-6040-00 and is hard to find?

EDIT 4: Found the culprit! It's the screw from the post on the right of the one-way-gate. The gate wire will eventually ride on top of that screw, then adding spring resistance (if you will) and the wire will get stuck up. I've screwed down the post screw, lowering it again. We'll see if that works.

#464 7 years ago

White or black rubbers on this game??

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

White or black rubbers on this game

Mine's purple. Looks very nice.

3 weeks later
#467 7 years ago

Hey everyone! If anyone in the NJ area is looking to sell their BF please reach out to me! Looking to grab a beautiful mint example of my grail pin!!!

#468 7 years ago

I just did a bargain upgrade to the speakers and sound board on my BF and the results are very impressive. I put Pyle PL42BL 4-Inch two-way speakers in the backbox ($15/pair from Amazon) and an 8 inch sub-woofer (from Parts Express for about $25) in the cabinet. Both dropped in with no alterations necessary. I played a few games and the sound was better, but not as noticeable as I thought it would be.

I then did the following upgrade to the sound board. I found it a while back on some forum, maybe Pinside. The picture is also from that old post:

"Remove R108 on the cpu board (39k) just right the top left amplifier, and replace with a 100k plus a 22nF capacitor in parallel. This will raise the cabinet volume and cut high frequencies, the cabinet is now working like a subwoofer."

The rumble from the sub is awesome! This can be done to any Data East or Sega machine with the three-channel sound (the resistor value is different with the DE games). Here is a post about the upgrade to my DE Time Machine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club/page/2#post-3096862

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just did a bargain upgrade to the speakers and sound board on my BF and the results are very impressive. I put Pyle PL42BL 4-Inch two-way speakers in the backbox ($15/pair from Amazon) and an 8 inch sub-woofer (from Parts Express for about $25) in the cabinet. Both dropped in with no alterations necessary. I played a few games and the sound was better, but not as noticeable as I thought it would be.
I then did the following upgrade to the sound board. I found it a while back on some forum, maybe Pinside. The picture is also from that old post:
"Remove R108 on the cpu board (39k) just right the top left amplifier, and replace with a 100k plus a 22nF capacitor in parallel. This will raise the cabinet volume and cut high frequencies, the cabinet is now working like a subwoofer."
The rumble from the sub is awesome! This can be done to any Data East or Sega machine with the three-channel sound (the resistor value is different with the DE games). Here is a post about the upgrade to my DE Time Machine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-in-time-time-machine-club/page/2#post-3096862

Way cool mod but there's no way I'd mess with my board, I have no experience with board mods like that.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Hey everyone! If anyone in the NJ area is looking to sell their BF please reach out to me! Looking to grab a beautiful mint example of my grail pin!!!

Pmed

#471 7 years ago

I am experimenting with a laser pointer mounted on the Batwing of my BF. It tucks up underneath very neatly and is helpful with aiming prior to firing the cannon.

I used a laser sight that I purchased 10 years ago on eBay that was mounted on a pellet gun. You can purchase something similar on eBay in the form of cartridges used for sighting rifles. I took the three button batteries out (4.5 vdc total) and attached wires to both the positive and negative contacts inside of the unit. I cut a groove in the plug/switch at the rear of the unit to allow the wires an exit from the case. Note in the pictures that there are four set screws at the front that allow for aiming the laser (up, down, right, left) once it is attached.

I drilled two holes through the case to allow for 3/4 inch screws to pass through the case to attach the unit to the Batwing. The front hole was drilled a little too close to the front of the unit so I left it out (a screw was cut off after being screwed into the Batwing to act as a pin in the front hole that keeps the unit aligned).

I wired the laser in parallel with the 5 vdc light on the side of the Batwing mounting fixture (the one that flashes when the wing is loaded and ready to fire). That means that the laser also flashes/pulses instead of being a steady light. Does anyone have any ideas on how to wire it so that it is only lit when the cannon is loaded, but has a steady beam instead of pulsing? It still works OK, but it would be better with a steady beam.

Note the red dot in the last three pictures. That is the laser sighting for the cannon as it sweeps.

IMG_1585 (resized).JPGIMG_1585 (resized).JPG
IMG_1584 (resized).JPGIMG_1584 (resized).JPG
IMG_1586 (resized).JPGIMG_1586 (resized).JPG
IMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1587 (resized).JPG
IMG_1589 (resized).JPGIMG_1589 (resized).JPG
IMG_1590 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPG
IMG_1591 (resized).JPGIMG_1591 (resized).JPG
IMG_1592 (resized).JPGIMG_1592 (resized).JPG

IMG_1595 (resized).JPGIMG_1595 (resized).JPG

#472 7 years ago

That's really cool. But you do know that's cheating.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's really cool. But you do know that's cheating.

I'm getting old so I need all the assistance I can get. Along with some Scotch, the laser will serve to keep me in the game a few more years!

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I'm getting old so I need all the assistance I can get. Along with some Scotch, the laser will serve to keep me in the game a few more years!

1 week later
#475 7 years ago

Does anybody have "lighted LED flipper buttons" for this game? I have blue ones on my STTNG. I was thinking of adding green ones on the batman forever. Thoughts? Technical challenges? Thanks guys.

EDIT: If so, what part number / kit did you get?

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Does anybody have "lighted LED flipper buttons" for this game? I have blue ones on my STTNG. I was thinking of adding green ones on the batman forever. Thoughts? Technical challenges? Thanks guys.
EDIT: If so, what part number / kit did you get?

Just make your own, cost under $10 and that's including the clear buttons.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just make your own

Clear buttons I understand. What about the LEDs? And how do you mount them inside so they light up the buttons? Staple them?

My STTNG has the kit that has the LED boards that are mounted on the inside. They have 3 LEDs I beleive, and the LEDs are soldered on the board.

Would you suggest getting a bigger LED then, and using only one per button?

#480 7 years ago

Thanks! Awesome.

1 week later
#481 7 years ago

I just completed a project wherein I replaced the TIP42 transistors with MOSFETs and removed the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix section of the MPU from my Batman Forever, Time Machine and High Speed (the lamp matrix circuitry is nearly identical for all of them). The changeover is seamless and the result is much lower heat in the backbox and the risk of heat damage to the MPU board is eliminated (the cement resistors get very hot). I used 1/2 watt resistors instead of the 1/4 watt mentioned in Pinwiki. Here is a link to the Pinwiki section that addresses the enhancement:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Using_MOSFETs_in_the_Lamp_Matrix_Circuitry

Here are a couple of pictures of the front and back of the BF MPU upon completion of the work. Note the discoloration on the board from the heat of the large resistors:

IMG_1675 (resized).JPGIMG_1675 (resized).JPG

IMG_1676 (resized).JPGIMG_1676 (resized).JPG

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just completed a project wherein I replaced the TIP42 transistors with MOSFETs and removed the 27 ohm cement resistors in the lamp matrix section of the MPU from my Batman Forever

Awesome Work!

1 week later
#484 7 years ago

Looking for pictures/video of LED kits for BF. Would like to see what the kit from cointaker etc looks like before purchasing. My machine has a number of LED's but in all white and would like to add some varied colors. was hoping the kit provided this so I was not all on my own and paying multiple shipping fee's. Thanks!!

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Looking for pictures/video of LED kits for BF. Would like to see what the kit from cointaker etc looks like before purchasing. My machine has a number of LED's but in all white and would like to add some varied colors. was hoping the kit provided this so I was not all on my own and paying multiple shipping fee's. Thanks!!

Get the LED kit from pinballbulbs. It's worth the money. Mine looks just like the photos on the site after I did the kit. Just plain awesome. LED strips and spotlights that are easy to install are included.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/batman-forever-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit

You can get 10% off too if you use coupon code: pinside.

#486 7 years ago

Currently I'm working on the Tech Chart for Batman Forever.
But..... (there has to be a but).
I do not have the full manual.
I only have the preliminary manual (from the ipdb) to work with.
This manual does not have all the information I need to make this Tech Chart complete.
Do any of you guys have a full manual and is willing to help me?
Some scans or photo's might do the trick....
Please contact me via email inkochnito @ kpnplanet dot nl

Added over 7 years ago: I've uploaded the full manual file to the ipdb.
It's not jet available, but some day it will be.
Send me a PM if you need a copy.

New Tech Chart will be available from my website at the end of the month.

1 week later
#487 7 years ago

My Batman Forever has been put in storage for Batman 66. I'm hoping to be in my new place by the end of the year. The game room there, will be more than twice the size of what I have now (I use the 2nd bedroom as a game room).

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My Batman Forever has been put in storage for Batman 66. I'm hoping to be in my new place by the end of the year. The game room there, will be more than twice the size of what I have now (I use the 2nd bedroom as a game room).

Sorry to hear your game is going off line but at least your getting another Batman. Which one? SLE? That's a long time to wait but at over twice the size your gonna love that.......MORE PINS.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to hear your game is going off line but at least your getting another Batman. Which one? SLE? That's a long time to wait but at over twice the size your gonna love that.......MORE PINS.

LE Episode #62

I only have room for 7 right now. I didn't want 2 of them to be Batman.

The new place, I'll have room for 16 - 20 pins...I'm not really looking to get that many. I'd like to top out around 12. I'm at 9 now...my KISS LE is at my builders house...I'll probably end up letting him keep it and have him just credit it against the building costs.

Star Wars LE is a must buy for me. If Stern releases a Tron VE, I'd buy that too. I'd like to get a LUCI AC/DC too. I won't buy these 2 on the secondary market due to the prices on them. Walking Dead Premium is one I might get too.

I don't want to fill up the new room too fast, what if they release a He-Man machine based on the 1983 cartoon...I don't know how I would resist that one. Put Battle Cat on one side of the machine and put Panthor on the other side. Put Prince Adam raising the sword on one side of the backbox and Skeletor on the other side. The picture I attached would be the backglass. The actor who voiced He-Man is still alive...should use him for custom speech.

he-man-amos-universo (resized).jpghe-man-amos-universo (resized).jpg

1 week later
#490 7 years ago

I´m thinking about using the original soundtrack as reorchestration.
Has anyone of you started a pinsound project for this machine I can use as a basis ?

Lucky1

2 weeks later
#491 7 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I´m thinking about using the original soundtrack as reorchestration.
Has anyone of you started a pinsound project for this machine I can use as a basis ?
Lucky1

I too can use a backup of the original sounds and PS project. My PS is literally on the counter as I check for this to move forward.

2 weeks later
#492 7 years ago

Pinball life has NOS gun handles in stock.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pinball life has NOS gun handles in stock.

Really? WOW....I wonder where they came from.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really? WOW....I wonder where they came from.

Now if they just could get the ramps.

#496 7 years ago

Gun handle looks like it's brand new.

Glad I picked it up.

3 months later
#497 6 years ago

Hey guys. I'm looking to join the club! If anyone in the PA NJ DE MD area is thinking of selling their BF please message me. Thanks!

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

Hey guys. I'm looking to join the club! If anyone in the PA NJ DE MD area is thinking of selling their BF please message me. Thanks!

Good luck with the search.

#499 6 years ago

Alright I am looking for a shooter gun for my BF. If anyone has an old extra one they want to sell let me know. PM me details..

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright I am looking for a shooter gun for my BF. If anyone has an old extra one they want to sell let me know. PM me details..

Pinball life carries them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 1,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suppose-we-flipbatman-forever-club/page/10?hl=fiatsrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.